Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Batgirl art by Dennis Salvatier.

Batgirl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Batgirl art by Dennis Salvatier.

Batgirl.jpg
    Can't beat the classics .

Extraordinary Member

So Babs gets to lead the batfamily in season 4 and Harley will join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What show are we talking about?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    What show are we talking about?
    Harley Quinn.

In the comics I am dreading her & Dick getting married because you know that means about 10 seconds later one of them will die or lose their memories etc etc.

Spectacular Member

Barbara’s two-season arc from bookish, nerdy college student to Bruce entrusting her with leading the protectors of Gotham in his absence was so well done.
    Her sincerity and earnestness, her relationships with her dad, Batman, and Harley were so charmingly portrayed- just a wonderful take on the character.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Awesome George Perez sketch.

BGbyPerez.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Harley Quinn.

In the comics I am dreading her & Dick getting married because you know that means about 10 seconds later one of them will die or lose their memories etc etc.
    Nope that won’t happen tom Taylor wants to write them happy. But I don’t think they will get married just yet. Mabey engaged. That issue 100 seems to be dark crisis post

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Barbara’s two-season arc from bookish, nerdy college student to Bruce entrusting her with leading the protectors of Gotham in his absence was so well done.
    Her sincerity and earnestness, her relationships with her dad, Batman, and Harley were so charmingly portrayed- just a wonderful take on the character.
    Honestly I disagree.

I appreciate her enthusiasm and dedication to the job but she feels way too inexperienced to be getting put in charge of everything and the reasons Bruce cited didn't really work for me.

And her being so pro-Harley has always felt kind of deluded and dumb to me.

At least she looked great in that purple dress. It still feels weird how short her hair is in this continuity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I disagree.

I appreciate her enthusiasm and dedication to the job but she feels way too inexperienced to be getting put in charge of everything and the reasons Bruce cited didn't really work for me.

At least she looked great in that purple dress. It still feels weird how short her hair is in this continuity.
    Is she too experienced yes
    But that doesn’t mean anything we have seen how Bruce and dick behave.

Is she too experienced yes
    But that doesn’t mean anything we have seen how Bruce and dick behave.
    Yeah, I don't think the writers care for Batman or Nightwing that much. At least by the end of the season.

Short hair Babs isn't weird by itself. It's the fact she has short hair while being Batgirl. She usually did wear a bob in the comics in the 90s. If she was just Oracle, and Cass or Steph was Batgirl, then short hair Babs wouldn't be out of place.

The costume is accurate to the Burnside era except for the short hair, isn't it?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-16-2022 at 08:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Short hair Babs isn't weird by itself. It's the fact she has short hair while being Batgirl. She usually did wear a bob in the comics in the 90s. If she was just Oracle, and Cass or Steph was Batgirl, then short hair Babs wouldn't be out of place.
    Although she had longer hair by the Simone BoP era.

Spectacular Member

Honestly I disagree.

I feel that she and Alfred are the most mature characters on the show. And instead of dismissing his wisdom and advise she’ll value it highly.

And she’s the only character who recognized and encouraged Harley as a hero, and look where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    I feel that she and Alfred are the most mature characters on the show. And instead of dismissing his wisdom and advise she’ll value it highly.

And she’s the only character who recognized and encouraged Harley as a hero, and look where we are.
    Well, yeah, definitely compared to how they write Bruce and Dick. Which was another issue I had with this season.

Her encouraging Harley so much always felt kind of deluded and nonsensical with how they'd been portraying her prior, even if the narrative rewarded her in the end.