Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Barbara Gordon: Batgirl/Oracle Appreciation 2022

Lets hope 2022 brings better things.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-01-2022 at 06:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if the film will be ready by the years end. They should push Aquaman to January and just release this near Christmas

Happy New Year to Barbara and fans .

Happy new year babsbros, can't wait to see what 2022 brings to Barbara as both batgirl and oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I wonder if the film will be ready by the years end. They should push Aquaman to January and just release this near Christmas

I think Batgirl might be out by Christmas since the opening scene is on Christmas. My hope is that maybe we get a three planned sequel ending in BoP and then BOP vs GCS

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Lets hope 2022 brings better things.
    Batgirl is about to get the push of a century lol

Solo live action
    rumored to be taking Batman's place in the DCEU meaning she is likely to play a huge role
    Gotham Knights big role in promo and interaction
    Was a lead character in a good chunk of Nightwing solo that lead up to her next title
    Batgirls ongoing is hyped by DC and she has a major role in that
    has three jokers and a potential sequel
    had a nice lil episode dedicated to her in Young Justice
    She just in general has had a big role in the Batfam stuff lately that's for sure

Its likely gonna be the year for Babs with the promo from DCEU. Definately even better things are comming to her character. I wonder if the comics are going to re-set her status quo to attract the movie goers?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Was a lead character in a good chunk of Nightwing solo that lead up to her next title
    You talking about Batgirl or a possible new babsgirl solo book ? I'd love if Taylor's run actually leads to a new oracle/babsgirl book

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    You talking about Batgirl or a possible new babsgirl solo book ? I'd love if Taylor's run actually leads to a new oracle/babsgirl book
    It's very possible that the movie would lead to an out-of-continuity mini of Babs batgirl, or that we'll get an out-of-continuity Gotham Knights game tie-in comics with Babs as Batgirl, but I doubt she'll get a solo ongoing.

DC are trying very, very hard, to push Steph & Cass as Batgirls, and they need Babs there as a stamp of approval. They won't have two competing Batgirls books in continuity.
    I think the meaning was just that Babs is a very prominent character in Nightwing at the moment.
    But she just moved back to Gothman, and the next Nightwing solicitations (superman team-up, flash team-up) don't really mention her. So it's possible she won't be as present in the next Nightwing arc as she was in the last arc.
    Last edited by Lal; 01-03-2022 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I think the meaning was just that Babs is a very prominent character in Nightwing at the moment.
    But she just moved back to Gothman, and the next Nightwing solicitations (superman team-up, flash team-up) don't really mention her. So it's possible she won't be as present in the next Nightwing arc as she was in the last arc.
    Next issue we'll probably see her heading back to Gotham and maybe taking Haley with her since it's not safe at all for Haley to stay with Dick rn (and it's their dog after all lmao) would also explain why Haley is making an appearence in almost every variant cover for batgirls lol
    She'll most likely still be helping Dick a lot as oracle tho and at some point make an appearence as batgirl to help Dick (which may lead to her having to use the wheelchair in Batgirls) but yeah she probably won't be as present in next issues as she was in the first arc

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Next issue we'll probably see her heading back to Gotham and maybe taking Haley with her since it's not safe at all for Haley to stay with Dick rn (and it's their dog after all lmao) would also explain why Haley is making an appearence in almost every variant cover for batgirls lol
    She'll most likely still be helping Dick a lot as oracle tho and at some point make an appearence as batgirl to help Dick (which may lead to her having to use the wheelchair in Batgirls) but yeah she probably won't be as present in next issues as she was in the first arc
    Nightwing is also appearing on a surprising number of incentive variants for a character that doesn't appear in the book (he's in 3 of the 5 ratio variants that we've seen so far)

batgirl variants.jpg

Incredible Member

Nightwing is also appearing on a surprising number of incentive variants for a character that doesn't appear in the book (he's in 3 of the 5 ratio variants that we've seen so far)

batgirl variants.jpg
    I don't think I've seen the one at the far right previously - is that the Rian Gonzales 1:25 for #5, and is there a higher res image of it somewhere?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I don't think I've seen the one at the far right previously - is that the Rian Gonzales 1:25 for #5, and is there a higher res image of it somewhere?
    Sure. It was on her Twitter and Instagram. There wasn't an official announcement, but it was right after images of the last 4 variants she created.
    Hope this res is better -
    batgirls5.jpg

Extraordinary Member

It's very possible that the movie would lead to an out-of-continuity mini of Babs batgirl, or that we'll get an out-of-continuity Gotham Knights game tie-in comics with Babs as Batgirl, but I doubt she'll get a solo ongoing.

DC are trying very, very hard, to push Steph & Cass as Batgirls, and they need Babs there as a stamp of approval. They won't have two competing Batgirls books in continuity.
    With Barbra leading as batgirl, Cassandra Cain as her successor is now more likely then ever in live action. She will become Oracle at some point.

Incredible Member

Sure. It was on her Twitter and Instagram. There wasn't an official announcement, but it was right after images of the last 4 variants she created.
    Hope this res is better -

batgirls5.jpg

This is good, thanks!

I was looking but couldn't find her accounts at either site, but found them now. Love her work!

She posted a bigger but cropped version to Twitter and Instagram -- with bigger teases of the cover, she writes, for patreon subscribers.

This will probably not look as big as it should... it looks pretty good on my computer.

Edit: Yeah, if you click on it twice, it does look good - can see the brush strokes.

Rian Gonazles crop.jpg

batgirl variants.jpg
    Being Barbara's boyfriend has its perks...