Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

In the interest of fairness it seems like they're melding a bunch of different significant Batgirl stuff into an origin movie (Year One, Post-Crisis, New 52, Burnside, etc.) so it'll be interesting to see what the final product is. Tonally and characterization-wise I don't think it'll reflect Burnside that much.

It's not meant to look like a high-grade, Superhero, movie costume because it's basically homemade. It's a starter costume.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Becuase the project was building momentum for this all week so this undermining is getting annoying
    You're reaching. There's been no undermining, its just hating to hate.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-15-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the interest of fairness it seems like they're melding a bunch of different significant Batgirl stuff into an origin movie (Year One, Post-Crisis, New 52, Burnside, etc.) so it'll be interesting to see what the final product is. Tonally and characterization-wise I don't think it'll reflect Burnside that much.

It's not meant to look like a high-grade, Superhero, movie costume because it's basically homemade. It's a starter costume.
    So your admitting Burnside was a significant run

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    The cowl is gorgeous and I love it, I also love her red hair flowing from behind. The rest of the costume is average, I've never been a Burnside fan.
    I will hold out hope and pray we get an upgraded more armoured costume half way through the movie or at least in the final fight. Bruce needs to help her with a better costume!
    Hopefully it will stay away from the burnside story and just take the costume

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I hope its Jason Bard! they seem to be combining Silver/Bronze age Babs, N52 Gail Simone Babs and Batman Beyond Babs into one character! Jason Bard being reintroduced as her love interest in a positive way would be nice to see. It makes even more sense knowing Babs works at the front desk as a cop somewhat (according to the leak). So her and Jason would def be seeing each other alot if he also is still a detective/cop.
    Titans has Babs as Commissioner like in Beyond. Here though, she seems to be just a regular cop.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    It (PEACEMAKER) hasn't been released on other platforms in the UK actually but hopefully it will. I would assume Sky Atlantic will pick it up and BATGIRL too but we'll see...
    Sky Atlantic airs shows from HBO itself, but NOT HBO Max. Peacemaker's more likely to end up on Netflix, and Batgirl on Sky Cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If the idea is she starts out doing this from scratch. Then this actually kind of works, the homemade look.

She can upgrade in a sequel when she gets more tied to Bruce and co.
    Yeah, absolutely right. Ms. Marvel is doing the same thing - her initial costume in her upcoming show has trainers, but is otherwise pretty comic accurate (where the costume is also home made), but in The Marvels, she'll have a shinier better quality costume with boots, probably because of the senior heroes helping her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, love it. Please someone again tell me how Burnside wasn’t a big run for Batgirl…
    IKR? That run and this suit was the best. Probably the last time I consistently picked up a Batgirl book.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

I fee like this is gonna make people buy her burnside run rather then year one.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So your admitting Burnside was a significant run
    Well, from a costume standpoint .
    I'd rather they pick up Year One.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, from a costume standpoint .

I'd rather they pick up Year One.
    I do too especially if that’s what the movie intend to follow

Extraordinary Member

Both are great stories. I don't see why people would have to choose only one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Good advice from Batgirl director Adil El Arbi

60F60239-6359-4A2E-9EE4-3287E30E4F88.jpg

Loving the Burnside movie look. Wish they had a photo that was in better lighting though.

Well we know Dick Grayson exists due to the Easter eggs, hinting at him doing a interview. However, do you guys think we might get other hints at the other robins?

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post

So people online are actually calling it that .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post

FYI, while I'm no Instagram expert, I found this in his Instagram profile. It's one of his stories highlights that he's called "BATGIRL BTS" which contains story segments running from 20 weeks ago to this one, from 20 hours ago, obviously in response to the reaction to the Batgirl suit.

I wondered if Leslie Grace or anyone else was going to respond to the "controversy," and thought perhaps they couldn't because anything they say about the suit, or whether there would be a second suit, could itself be a spoiler. But I guess he hasn't given much away in this post. It doesn't mean there will definitely be a second suit (or, like with Burnside, a prior one, if this one is created because a better one got damaged) - it is just an acknowledgment or suggestion that the film in some way addresses the nature of this iteration of the suit.

Maybe the real emotional arc of the film is how a good suit can get beaten down, recover as a makeshift suit, persevere and in the end come out on top again as a great suit.