Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Flashback scenes of young Barbara with her mom and dad were filmed for Batgirl.
    Attachment 120339
    Jim Gordon in an interracial marriage!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Well, according to plot leaks...

nope

They assert that Barbara Sr. was a cop and was killed, thus protective dad Jim’s resistance to young Barbara joining the force.
    There was also a flashback scene filmed with Jim Gordon running to the door of the Gordon home (we know it’s a flashback because JK Simmons is sporting a red wig) and the place blows up, the blast knocking Jim backwards and off his feet. Was mom inside?
    Also, regarding hair color, things seem pretty confusing. There are multiple set pics and videos of the apparent young Babs with mom and dad, both separately and together, in which kid Babs has dark brown hair. But adult Barbara has a hair color that, while seeming pretty inconsistent- appearing to vary from brown to vibrant red- is definitely NOT dark brown. So, who knows?! Have to wait for the movie I guess!!
    spoilers:
    Okay, trying to make Barbara Sr. out to be more important.

And I guess we have to question whether Babs has been dyeing her hair.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I guess she must've been, if her her is red when she's in civilian clothing i.e. it's not a wig.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How Cute .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if Jim Gordon shows up and Babs doesn't, that would probably be due to not seeing Jim outside of work. He can definitely show up without her as long as we don't see his home life. And if it's early enough in Batman's career, Babs could still be a child. She canonically doesn't become Batgirl until after Dick becomes Robin, right? So if there's no Robin yet, makes sense that Babs wouldn't be Batgirl yet.
    It also depends on what her age will be. Robin in the pre-crisis was an adult and robin was a teen. I mean what do you guys think? Can we have both Babs and Betty Kane in the show? I mean what if Betty Kane came first in with kid robin then Babs comes in with Teen Robin. Since this can still allow Batwoman and Batgirl as a team like in the golden age. I just want Betty to get some love in media.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-22-2022 at 09:47 AM.

As long as Babs is treated better than the Killing Joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as Babs is treated better than the Killing Joke...
    Almost anything would be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Almost anything would be.
    Especially compared to the animated movie .

Wait isn't Greg on the team ? I take it there won't be any of that. Maybe Babs and Bruce if they do keep her age gap. Also do you guys think despite them saying Bruce is the only hero we will get to see others like Black Canary ? I would love to see BoP. Also I'm curious do you guys think maybe Jason Bard could be in this? I know it's probably a no but since YJ used him and the movie is using him. Maybe he will be used in Caped Crusader. Unlikely. I just want more characters from Babs other history to appear.

I'm curious who do you guys think is the worst Babs writer ?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-23-2022 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait isn't Greg on the team ? I take it there won't be any of that. Maybe Babs and Bruce if they do keep her age gap. Also do you guys think despite them saying Bruce is the only hero we will get to see others like Black Canary ? I would love to see BoP. Also I'm curious do you guys think maybe Jason Bard could be in this? I know it's probably a no but since YJ used him and the movie is using him. Maybe he will be used in Caped Crusader. Unlikely. I just want more characters from Babs other history to appear.

I'm curious who do you guys think is the worst Babs writer ?
    There've been rumors of Canary being in it. And Robin might exist in this universe.

I think there's rumors one of the actors is Jason.

Worst writer? Brian Azzarello.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There've been rumors of Canary being in it. And Robin might exist in this universe.

I think there's rumors one of the actors is Jason.

Worst writer? Brian Azzarello.

Also discover merge is thinking about having Batgirl with a theater release
    https://puck.news/have-movie-theater...eir-mojo-back/
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-30-2022 at 04:33 PM.

I'm curious guys. What do you think this will mean for Babs when her movie comes out? That they will have her in more comics? Like not just Batman comics. If they don't want the BoP maybe a new group

I'm curious guys. What do you think this will mean for Babs when her movie comes out? That they will have her in more comics? Like not just Batman comics. If they don't want the BoP maybe a new group
    It'll be interesting to see how they'll handle the Batgirls book.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't think the movie will really influence Barbara in comics.

Movies hardly changed anything for Aquaman and Wonder Woman, although the movies were quite popular and profitable.

I'm curious what if Alysia Yeoh and Babs becomes a crime fighting team ? I mean if they take away the BoP they can use Alysia Yeoh more for something else

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the movie will really influence Barbara in comics.

Movies hardly changed anything for Aquaman and Wonder Woman, although the movies were quite popular and profitable.
    True the only thing that has made a change was how her golden armor looked and her outfit.