Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I feel somewhat validated to know I'm not alone in my first reaction to a Burnside-esque design .

So yea the concept artwork we have seen is the second suit. My guess it will be the gail simone suit

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Shame her potential spin off fell through

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Shame her potential spin off fell through
    That would've been pretty awesome...maybe she would've finally been able to throw a punch .

Definitely one big Simone influence.

I'm curious if Ethan is Jason Barb. So was Ethan playing Nightwing coming from he was one person on the list? I don't think they would add him and not telling people he was robin/nightwing. Wouldn't Dick Grayson or Robin in generally be a selling point?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    FYI, while I'm no Instagram expert, I found this in his Instagram profile. It's one of his stories highlights that he's called "BATGIRL BTS" which contains story segments running from 20 weeks ago to this one, from 20 hours ago, obviously in response to the reaction to the Batgirl suit.

I wondered if Leslie Grace or anyone else was going to respond to the "controversy," and thought perhaps they couldn't because anything they say about the suit, or whether there would be a second suit, could itself be a spoiler. But I guess he hasn't given much away in this post. It doesn't mean there will definitely be a second suit (or, like with Burnside, a prior one, if this one is created because a better one got damaged) - it is just an acknowledgment or suggestion that the film in some way addresses the nature of this iteration of the suit.

Maybe the real emotional arc of the film is how a good suit can get beaten down, recover as a makeshift suit, persevere and in the end come out on top again as a great suit.
    ...or he's just saying that it'll look better in the actual film?

I like the Burnside costume, and despite maybe some bad lighting I love how it looks here. Hope it's her costume for the whole movie and she doesn't change it out until a sequel. Also hoping that more people read the Burnside trade because of this.

Burnside is going to be her first second and her second outfit will be at the end. The concept artwork one is her second outfit. One video from the set

https://t.co/7Ime4bebG2
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Burnside is going to be her first second and her second outfit will be at the end. The concept artwork one is her second outfit. One video from the set

https://t.co/7Ime4bebG2
    Yeah, I think it's a case where the purple costume is her prototype vigilante costume and then Bruce ends up giving her a more professional Batgirl costume at the end.

The concept art looked more New 52-esque:

Spectacular Member

Among the criticisms of the photo of the Burnside-inspired suit were:

- If this wasn’t the final, or most impressive, suit, then they shouldn’t have released a photo at all
    - many RestoreTheSnyderverse fans claimed that the release of the photo was a desperate attempt by Warner Brothers to change the conversation from a boycott WB campaign on Twitter

The most logical explanation was that the production is currently shooting on location in Glasgow, and that the suit was going to be seen imminently in wonky, awkward looking spy photos, and the studio wanted some control and to get out ahead of that.

And that’s precisely what’s happening right now

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Among the criticisms of the photo of the Burnside-inspired suit were:

- If this wasn’t the final, or most impressive, suit, then they shouldn’t have released a photo at all
    - many RestoreTheSnyderverse fans claimed that the release of the photo was a desperate attempt by Warner Brothers to change the conversation from a boycott WB campaign on Twitter

The most logical explanation was that the production is currently shooting on location in Glasgow, and that the suit was going to be seen imminently in wonky, awkward looking spy photos, and the studio wanted some control and to get out ahead of that.

And that’s precisely what’s happening right now
    I assume if there is a 2nd suit, they don't want to spoil it immediately.

Honestly I highly doubt the suit reveal had anything to do with a twitter boycott given how far in advance they likely have to plan/approve this stuff.