Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Looks like we're getting a lot of homemade costumes for this Batgirl movie!

Said it in another thread - I kind of like the costume for Firefly, the mask looks menacing while also carrying the insect theme without taking it too far. And it looks pretty believable as something a more street level not-rich supervillain could get (unlike say Joker's snazzy suits because clown's stole mob money). It works very well. So this and the Burnside suit (which I still hope remains as her main suit the whole film including the final climatic battle) and Keaton sporting his classic Bat threads, this is shaping up to be a visually great movie, at least costumes wise!

I'm not sure if the burnside will stay has her main suit since the director shared other suit from the concept artwork that was first release which looks more like Gail's new 52 one. So even she will get a new suit by Keaton or it's just going to be a nice Easter egg somewhere

I get what they're going for, but it's probably not a Firefly look I'm going to remember much.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm not sure if the burnside will stay has her main suit since the director shared other suit from the concept artwork that was first release which looks more like Gail's new 52 one. So even she will get a new suit by Keaton or it's just going to be a nice Easter egg somewhere
    It's very much a starter costume, so one way or another I think we'll see her in a different suit at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Concept art doesn't always wind up making it. Hoping if it does show up it's after the climatic end fight, shown just as she rides off before end credits. But then I just really love the Burnside costume and don't want it treated as some early throw away suit. It deserves to be the central suit for a full film, especially for the emotional climax at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get what they're going for, but it's probably not a Firefly look I'm going to remember much.

It's very much a starter costume, so one way or another I think we'll see her in a different suit at some point.
    Fingers crossed that some point is the sequel.

I imagine the Burnside suit will probably be worse for wear by the end of the movie one way or another .

I imagine the Burnside suit will probably be worse for wear by the end of the movie one way or another .
    Heh, considering her enemy is Firefly my brain made the quip that by movie's end it really will be a "Burn" side suit.

My big hope is just that it gets used for the big ending fight sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Heh, considering her enemy is Firefly my brain made the quip that by movie's end it really will be a "Burn" side suit.

My big hope is just that it gets used for the big ending fight sequence.
    As long as it's not treated with any kind of permanence, I can probably live with it. I just want a strong, standard, Batgirl look.

As long as it's not treated with any kind of permanence, I can probably live with it. I just want a strong, standard, Batgirl look.
    Treated with permanence? What does that mean? They didn't say in Batman Begins that he'd be getting a different costume the next movie, but he did. I just want them to treat it like a strong, legitimate Batgirl look. Have her use it all film long and maybe change it out in the sequel. I don't want them to say that it's just a "beginner" suit out loud in the movie itself. Treat it like every other Batgirl costume.

Extraordinary Member

Once Bat Daddy starts funding her I’m sure she have a more battle ready look

He posted the concept artwork after people complained about her outfit.

That feeling when you're the only one on the site who likes the Burnside costume.

Treated with permanence? What does that mean? They didn't say in Batman Begins that he'd be getting a different costume the next movie, but he did. I just want them to treat it like a strong, legitimate Batgirl look. Have her use it all film long and maybe change it out in the sequel. I don't want them to say that it's just a "beginner" suit out loud in the movie itself. Treat it like every other Batgirl costume.
    "Permanence" in that it becomes their go-to for adapting Batgirls' look in adaption anymore than it already has been.

I don't think they'll outright say it's a "beginner" suit, it's not like Peter said his suit at the end of Homecoming was a "starter," or the Mark 1 in Iron Man, but functionally I think that's how they're going to end up treating it even if she wears it for a good core of the movie.

I only expect a significant contrast because any future costumes will probably be very different from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Babs with white eyes. Actually, aren't they supposed to vanish when they take the cowl off?
    That feeling when you're the only one on the site who likes the Burnside costume.
    You're not, it's just some people (including myself) are vocal in their dislike of it .