Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Boo! I say we revolt! Revolt I say!
    Ya know, Batgirl just made her debut as part of the DC super hero lineup at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi last week. I’m wondering- based on the timing- if that suit will resemble the possible final suit in the film.

It looks good, I think

4D53A945-2048-49E5-A420-2D592B293EFE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Ya know, Batgirl just made her debut as part of the DC super hero lineup at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi last week. I’m wondering- based on the timing- if that suit will resemble the possible final suit in the film.

It looks good, I think

4D53A945-2048-49E5-A420-2D592B293EFE.jpg
    Looks like a molding of a bunch of Batgirl looks...interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I just don’t get this sentence? Is it becuase was was being more girly? Or having fun? Being social?
    She was always capable of that. Is it the purple? Babs wore purple first. Their is nothing unique to Stephanie, and if this batgirls book fizzles I expect her to slowly fade into the background. She brings nothing to the batfamily, Tim will likely never date her or a woman again which will significantly reduce her proximity to the batfamily. She is such a generic vigilantes you could put her in marvel, actually I think they already did

Attachment 118984
    That pic isn't Steph! It's Gwen Stacy as Nightbird from last year's Heroes Reborn event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That pic isn't Steph! It's Gwen Stacy as Nightbird from last year's Heroes Reborn event.
    I know I was commenting on how generic Stephanie is

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I know I was commenting on how generic Stephanie is
    Which is ironic when you bring up Gwen Stacy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is ironic when you bring up Gwen Stacy .
    Yeah, Gwen's various AU versions are all different. The versions in the Amazing Spider-Man films and recent Spider-Man cartoon are science nerds. Classic was a girl next door type, recently described as the good girl to Mary Jane's bad girl (MJ being the good girl compared to Black Cat!). The main version of Spider-Gwen and her Marvel Rising counterpart are musicians. Ultimate Gwen was none of those things, more of a punk type. The version in Heroes Reborn was a deliberate Barbara Gordon expy.

I don't think you can say the same about Steph, honestly. She's always the girl who gets into crimefighting to stop her father's crimes. She's a lot more consistent, and not just a generic template you can add any personality onto.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious when we finally get the Batgirl series back. Who do you want to writer for Batgirl, who hasn't written for Batgirl or any bat titles

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious when we finally get the Batgirl series back. Who do you want to writer for Batgirl, who hasn't written for Batgirl or any bat titles
    These days I'm worried that it's more of "if we finally get the Batgirl (singular) / (comic book) series back" than "when we finally get the Batgirl series back".

But I'll probably have stopped buying / reading new DC comic books by then . . .

I mean it does seem more like they want to keep her back has oracle now. I don't know if that will stick. I mean there are a good amount of fans who liked her has oracle more. However, I wonder how this will affect Step and Cass. They are Spolier and Black Bat. Should they still hold the Bat Girl mantle? However, they could do both. Like how they got Step in Robin. The majority of modern media is having her as oracle. So I wonder if Wb is going towards that. I don't think for all due to fact I doubt they will do it in the movie. But so far we have just DCSHG having her has Batgirl. We did have DCAMU but that didn't last long
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-08-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Spectacular Member

It only makes sense that with the movie coming at Christmas that there will be something on the shelves with Barbara centered as Batgirl. It would be smart to have her suit up again, out of some dire necessity, in ‘Batgirls’ to attract new readers to the book who enjoyed her in the movie. Then, after a few months and- hopefully- some new fans, they could return her to the background role of straight(wo)man/harried-sitcom-mom.

It would also be nice if there were maybe a prestige book or limited series in conjunction with the movie. I’d love to see Barbara Kesel have an opportunity to write Babs again- the event of a Batgirl movie should be a celebration of the character, and Kesel has an important history with her. Or they could even just dust off Geoff Johns’ All Star Batgirl from years ago- supposedly it’s written and just sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    It only makes sense that with the movie coming at Christmas that there will be something on the shelves with Barbara centered as Batgirl. It would be smart to have her suit up again, out of some dire necessity, in ‘Batgirls’ to attract new readers to the book who enjoyed her in the movie. Then, after a few months and- hopefully- some new fans, they could return her to the background role of straight(wo)man/harried-sitcom-mom.

It would also be nice if there were maybe a prestige book or limited series in conjunction with the movie. I’d love to see Barbara Kesel have an opportunity to write Babs again- the event of a Batgirl movie should be a celebration of the character, and Kesel has an important history with her. Or they could even just dust off Geoff Johns’ All Star Batgirl from years ago- supposedly it’s written and just sitting on a shelf somewhere.
    Rarely do the movies help get people into the comics. Wonder Woman movie didn't help people get into the Wonder Woman at all. Shazam nor Aquaman got comic increase . What has helped getting more people into comics have been tv shows. The Boys, Invincible all had major increase in their comics. However, Harley Quinn comic I don't know if she got help.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-08-2022 at 06:27 PM.

I've given up on hoping that DC will give female characters the treatment they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I've given up on hoping that DC will give female characters the treatment they deserve.
    So far despite the issue with the squeal. Wonder Woman is the most successful female hero movie and one of the best Dc films. So this is why she is once again going into theaters while all the other female heroes are going straight into hbo. So far that really says something when we only have one female hero movie that didn't have issues like Wonder Woman. Batgirl is suppose to set up Black Canary. So let's hope things workout. Overall we still have major issues. Wonder Woman would be the only female movie in theaters for Dc. I mean if we look at Black Widow that film didn't do has well has expected or reviews. Wonder Woman stands out that female hero movies can be done.

Patty said after the three movie she is leaving Wonder Woman. So I worry

Extraordinary Member