Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

What is Barbara's current status: in Nightwing she's jumping off roofs and in Batgirls she's in a wheelchair.

She has good days and bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    What is Barbara's current status: in Nightwing she's jumping off roofs and in Batgirls she's in a wheelchair.
    Whatever the plot needs her to be.

Although in all seriousness they set it up that her chip isn't 100% working so sometimes she's able to do vigilante stuff and other times she's closer to being disabled again.

I don't wanna cause any drama or anything, but I just came off Twitter and needed to vent after seeing some posts that criticize Babs, her exposure in Batgirls, and stating that she felt most important as Oracle than Batgirl.

Like I am totally in favor of Steph and Cass getting recognition and the spotlight, which they have as they take the majority of panel time in Batgirls, but for those moaning about Babs (and Dick) getting variant covers - there is a reason why. Despite how important some fans want to make Steph/Cass, in the long run as a brand, Babs is still the most famous and popular Batgirl. If you want to sell issues, out of the three, you will always choose Babs. And regarding her becoming less important - that's true, but not because she returned as Batgirl but rather when they decided to cave and have her split her roles. Before that decision, Babs was everywhere marketing-wise. She was the female representation of the Bat-Family brand. She was on cartoons, everywhere in DC marketing material - hell, I even saw her at a Michaels in a Batman themed poster that female-wise only included Harley and Catwoman as well.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I honestly do not get all the toxicity that Babs gets on these platforms and the absurd dismissal of reality when it comes to her importance as Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Krew View Post
    I don't wanna cause any drama or anything, but I just came off Twitter and needed to vent after seeing some posts that criticize Babs, her exposure in Batgirls, and stating that she felt most important as Oracle than Batgirl.

Like I am totally in favor of Steph and Cass getting recognition and the spotlight, which they have as they take the majority of panel time in Batgirls, but for those moaning about Babs (and Dick) getting variant covers - there is a reason why. Despite how important some fans want to make Steph/Cass, in the long run as a brand, Babs is still the most famous and popular Batgirl. If you want to sell issues, out of the three, you will always choose Babs. And regarding her becoming less important - that's true, but not because she returned as Batgirl but rather when they decided to cave and have her split her roles. Before that decision, Babs was everywhere marketing-wise. She was the female representation of the Bat-Family brand. She was on cartoons, everywhere in DC marketing material - hell, I even saw her at a Michaels in a Batman themed poster that female-wise only included Harley and Catwoman as well.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I honestly do not get all the toxicity that Babs gets on these platforms and the absurd dismissal of reality when it comes to her importance as Batgirl.
    No, I get where you're coming from.

But at least it seems like she's suiting up more and more even if I don't love the Redondo suit.

I don't wanna cause any drama or anything, but I just came off Twitter and needed to vent after seeing some posts that criticize Babs, her exposure in Batgirls, and stating that she felt most important as Oracle than Batgirl...Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I honestly do not get all the toxicity that Babs gets on these platforms and the absurd dismissal of reality when it comes to her importance as Batgirl.
    I think I might like her more as Oracle (was introduced to the character that way more or less, hackers are cool, and I like the idea of having the "(wo)man in the chair" character being someone with a richer history beyond just being the mission control type from beginning to end). That said, I don't get the hate for her, either; heck, she's the mentor (if not mother figure) for Cass and Steph and I've been liking the current series' selling point that it's all three of them working together as their own unit and keeping house (kinda takes the best parts of the old Birds of Prey TV show but gives them better missions).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Get out of Twitter, or at least the side of Twitter that talks about comic book. There is nothing redeeming about that social media that you can't find in another place and the bad side of it is worse than pretty much everywhere else. This forum has bunch of negativity, but at least it's not hate like Twitter and you can actually talk to people like a normal human being.
    At least nowadays, i know this place used to be a hell hole too.

I said this before, but it's hilarious that a self centered, spoiled, whiny jerk like Elon Musk is the owner of twitter.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-20-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Given how often Scooby-Doo teams up with DC heroes in the comics, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before - in Batman/Scooby-Doo Mysteries #2, Babs gets a virus and has Daphne be Batgirl for a day to protect her secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=6aamW6

DC did Babs dirty. Whoever put this together needs to apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=6aamW6

DC did Babs dirty. Whoever put this together needs to apologize
    Yeah, that's really dumb. And they already had a image just for Harley.
    Also, was Harley ever part of the Birds of Prey in comics? Outside of that one book they made cause of the movie?

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, that's really dumb. And they already had a image just for Harley.
    Also, was Harley ever part of the Birds of Prey in comics? Outside of that one book they made cause of the movie?

Harley appeared in Simone's run but she was usually taken out in one punch.

90s Rewind... that should definitely be Oracle and not Harley then. Harley was only a BOP in some recent comics done for movie synergy. She definitely wasn't there in the 90s (she was still a complete villain back then, not the reforming anti-villain she is today).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

twitter reminding me of how DC treated Babs back in the day (though not much has changed)

Esp all the mandates with new52 were ridiculous