Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That story was weird on several levels. #1 is why would Alicia even think about romance with Johnny? Retconning that it was really Lyja actually made sense.
    Yeah but romancing someone while pretending to be someone is pretty gross, and comics don't treat as it being as bad as it should be lol.

If I was to write it, I'd probably not have Veranke start a fight with anyone. The visual of Veranke just... sitting down to drink a coffee with Jessica amuses me greatly.
    Jessica would have to be chained for that to happen, because Jessica in general has a lot of reasons to hate Veranke, and Pacheco's Jessica is seriously temperamental.

There's a lot of people on Earth she has reason to want to... catch up with. But a fight to the death? nah, well, except for Dorrek 8/Teddy Altman, but that's not even a personal animosity. Teddy as Skrull Emperor? well.. I mean... Veranke was Empress for years and if she wants the throne back it'll probably mean killing him. Also, pretty sure Veranke would take exception to the fact he decided to call himself "Dorrek-Vell".
    I'm pretty sure the first person she should prioritize to beat their ass would be Norman anyways, anyone else besides maybe Reed (Who found out how to force Skrulls to show their true form) is kinda whatever lol.

Especially Jazinda!!! One reveal in SI is that Veranke was the reason Jazinda got exiled to Earth. Yeah, the magic gem that gives Jazinda regeneration powers is something that Veranke had sent her to steal from the Kree. And this is why Kl'rt decided to abandon Veranke's mission of conquest. Sooo THAT is something Veranke might have reason to feel like talking about. If she even talks to Jazinda that is. Oh wait... apparently Jessica is who arrested Jazinda for purposes of deporting her? Hmm.....
    Sounds like Jazinda has reasons to not want to see Jessica's face, or the woman who used Jessica's face lol.

Paibok has actually been doing quite a LOT on Earth as of late since he's been working with S.W.O.R.D. as the Skrull liaison.
    Wonder if she'd think that he's trying to conquer Earth in another way for the Skrulls lol.

Hmmm this is the weird bit. 'cause in Secret Invasion there was a scene where Veranke used a "Venom" discharge that somehow created an explosion, and this was pointed out in-universe as "inconsistent" with Jessica's powers. It was obvious foreshadowing that Jess had been replaced, but even then... does Veranke still have that ability? Also... how did she do it the first time? 'see.. the funny thing is how many of the super-Skrulls in SI only had ONE power set? Most had several. R'lnnd for example had Cyclops+Wolverine+Nightcrawler+Colossus... Hmm.....
    Sounds like Veranke had extra powers to be able to fight by herself, which honestly makes sense they'd give her more if possible, going to Earth and playing hero is dangerous, and she was the Skrulls' queen, and Jessica's powers aren't really that strong, so yeah, the more the better.

Would be difficult to make a list of all the extra powers she has though, because once she joined the Avengers, Veranke showed up a lot, a whole lot, like around 130 appearances before she died.

One thing about her in particular is that she seems to be really tough, because while the main issues of SI make it look like Norman used some random gun to kill her, it was actually a gun designed specifically to kill her, and you have to read Deadpool#3 vol 4 to learn that... Always annoying when events have key info like this in fucking tie-ins lol.

One could go the angle of Fisk hoping to make friends with Skrulls as a way to get off-world tech. Someone like Veranke would get POed really badly if Fisk tried the hard sell approach.
    Trying to go on a more "friendly business" angle just in case can make sense, problem is how it looks like Fisk hasn't done much else to keep an eye on Veranke, or to even protect himself from her.

I do wonder how much Fisk expects to get from her though, 'cause contacting other Skrulls is, difficult lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Looks like this Skrull is going to be scraped off of the pavement after Jess gets done with her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Looks like this Skrull is going to be scraped off of the pavement after Jess gets done with her.
    Ha, yes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah but romancing someone while pretending to be someone is pretty gross, and comics don't treat as it being as bad as it should be lol.
    That applies to a LOT of crimes in general TBH.
    I'm pretty sure the first person she should prioritize to beat their ass would be Norman anyways, anyone else besides maybe Reed (Who found out how to force Skrulls to show their true form) is kinda whatever lol.
    Yeah, makes me wonder where this is going... a LOT, especially since Veranke was apparently told by Fisk to do a kidnapping....
    Sounds like Jazinda has reasons to not want to see Jessica's face, or the woman who used Jessica's face lol.
    I just thought of something..... Has Jennifer talked with Jessica about this? 'cause.... It would make sense for Jen to be POed at Jessica for it. Jessica wasn't exactly nice to Jazinda if you get my meaning.... Yeah, Jess waylaid Jazinda when she was shopping and smashed her face into the sidewalk so hard the sidewalk broke. :/ It kinda makes sense for Jen to go "your turn!"

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This issue is gonna be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That applies to a LOT of crimes in general TBH.
    Yeah, super-heroes demolishing the city whenever they have a kinda serious fight would have killed a lot of people, or at least, bankrupted a lot of people lol.

It's part of the reason why I point out that super-heroes shouldn't try to go a too serious route, 'cause if you think about the world seriously, it's a dystopian nightmare.

Yeah, makes me wonder where this is going... a LOT, especially since Veranke was apparently told by Fisk to do a kidnapping....
    Well, it depends if other comics are gonna use Veranke, if only Pacheco uses her, then Veranke will have a very small reach, since Pacheco still seems to be new at Marvel, or maybe even writing in general, and Jessica is not a character big enough to get a crossover event, so maybe she won't do much more than tormenting Jessica.

At best, I could see Veranke trying to go after Norman and Jessica having to protect him, but eh... I don't like stories where heroes have to save villains lol.

Either way, Fisk said that he doesn't really care about Jessica and just wants her out of the way, so maybe the kidnapping is to make sure she's not part of Devil's Reign lol.

I just thought of something..... Has Jennifer talked with Jessica about this? 'cause.... It would make sense for Jen to be POed at Jessica for it. Jessica wasn't exactly nice to Jazinda if you get my meaning.... Yeah, Jess waylaid Jazinda when she was shopping and smashed her face into the sidewalk so hard the sidewalk broke. :/ It kinda makes sense for Jen to go "your turn!"
    Jennifer seems to be isolated to Avengers for a while, and Jessica is isolated to her own comic, Carol's, and whatever random ****.

Jessica did call Jennifer in Captain Marvel#8 vol 10 though:

So it seems this might be the best place of them to interact and they're, close enough, and probably never talk about Jazinda lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, it depends if other comics are gonna use Veranke, if only Pacheco uses her, then Veranke will have a very small reach, since Pacheco still seems to be new at Marvel, or maybe even writing in general, and Jessica is not a character big enough to get a crossover event, so maybe she won't do much more than tormenting Jessica.

At best, I could see Veranke trying to go after Norman and Jessica having to protect him, but eh... I don't like stories where heroes have to save villains lol.

Either way, Fisk said that he doesn't really care about Jessica and just wants her out of the way, so maybe the kidnapping is to make sure she's not part of Devil's Reign lol.
    Perhaps..... enh we'll see.
    Jennifer seems to be isolated to Avengers for a while, and Jessica is isolated to her own comic, Carol's, and whatever random ****.

Jessica did call Jennifer in Captain Marvel#8 vol 10 though:

So it seems this might be the best place of them to interact and they're, close enough, and probably never talk about Jazinda lol.
    Jen looks like she REALLY wants to punch someone though...... Oh... right.... I just remembered that since Carol is part Kree.... she ended up on the Kree side of the Kree-Skrull war.... O-o' How many Skrulls died in the Captain Marvel movie? Not sure about comics, but.... probably similar?

Just finished Wednesday’s issue, and it’s so good.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished Wednesday’s issue, and it’s so good.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be looking forward to reading it myself.

How’d you all enjoy today’s issue?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How’d you all enjoy today’s issue?
    A fair amount, actually. spoilers:
    Veranke plays very dirty, but then as a shapeshifter with a special hatred for Jess, it makes perfect sense she'd use it to twist the proverbial knife any way she could. Curious about the Anti-Arach-Nine, though, and if that means Rebecca will be coming back to assist Jess in fighting them down the line.
    end of spoilers

I loved everything about today's issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Dig the issue, reminded me a lot of Miles's clone saga finale w/ the baby in threat and an imposter as the main villain who infiltrates the family.