Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 354
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Spider-Woman (Jessica-Drew) Appreciation 2022

    Jessica Drew Appreciation Thread!


    Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman!

    Discussion for anything and everything about our favorite arachnid! From the current to original series and everything in between!!

    unnamed.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-01-2022 at 05:57 AM.
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

    Tout Va Bien!!!
    Tout Va Bien!!!

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,824

    Default

    Oh heyy beat me to it. Here's to another year of the first and best Spider-Woman!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,815

    Default

    Happy New Year to Jessica Drew and her fans .

  4. #4
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,902

    Default

    I'm looking forward to Jessica taking on whoever kidnapped Lindsay at the end of last year, as well as finding out what connection that might have to Fisk's plot in Devil's Reign.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,824
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member red winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm looking forward to Jessica taking on whoever kidnapped Lindsay at the end of last year, as well as finding out what connection that might have to Fisk's plot in Devil's Reign.
    So am I can't wait! Hoping she rejoins the Avengers too
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    So am I can't wait! Hoping she rejoins the Avengers too
    I don't think you'd want her to get Aaron'd .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

  8. #8
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    So am I can't wait! Hoping she rejoins the Avengers too
    Me, neither.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    As much as I LOVE what Pere is doing on the series now, probably my favorite SW artist will always be Steve Leialoha. I loved the mass and movement he gave her hair as well as his over all unique style. This is one of my favorite covers of his...

    large-9295758 (1).jpg

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As much as I LOVE what Pere is doing on the series now, probably my favorite SW artist will always be Steve Leialoha. I loved the mass and movement he gave her hair as well as his over all unique style. This is one of my favorite covers of his...

    large-9295758 (1).jpg
    I miss the big hair too. Is should be what carries and sends her pheromone powers.
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

    Tout Va Bien!!!
    Tout Va Bien!!!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As much as I LOVE what Pere is doing on the series now, probably my favorite SW artist will always be Steve Leialoha. I loved the mass and movement he gave her hair as well as his over all unique style. This is one of my favorite covers of his...

    large-9295758 (1).jpg
    Same here. There was another cover of his that was shown as a thumbnail in the letters page, but it never was printed as far as I know. It showed her flying over the city releasing a very dynamic venom blast. I thought Claremont was really going off in an interesting direction about this time, but I think it was his penultimate issue. The fun Impossible Man story was the last by Claremont and Leiloha.

    Sadly, I never warmed up to this run, and will likely be taking it off my pull list.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Same here. There was another cover of his that was shown as a thumbnail in the letters page, but it never was printed as far as I know. It showed her flying over the city releasing a very dynamic venom blast. I thought Claremont was really going off in an interesting direction about this time, but I think it was his penultimate issue. The fun Impossible Man story was the last by Claremont and Leiloha.

    Sadly, I never warmed up to this run, and will likely be taking it off my pull list.
    I know the image you are talking about (and was actually the image I was trying to find online) but since I couldn't but you remembered it to, I went hunting for the issue it was in. Sadly it was the last Claremont/Leialoha issue. I'm not sure it was ever intended for a cover, though I might be wrong.

    20220110_002044.jpg

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,243

    Default

    What I want to see is for Jessica Drew to make a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil respectively...

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I want to see is for Jessica Drew to make a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil respectively...
    That would be great! The more guest spots she can be in the better. I for one would love to see her visit Krakoa and join the FF!

    I'll say it for years*
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

    Tout Va Bien!!!
    Tout Va Bien!!!

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I know the image you are talking about (and was actually the image I was trying to find online) but since I couldn't but you remembered it to, I went hunting for the issue it was in. Sadly it was the last Claremont/Leialoha issue. I'm not sure it was ever intended for a cover, though I might be wrong.

    20220110_002044.jpg
    That's it. I could spend a long time just looking at how wonderfully Leiloha renders SW's hair. Epic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •