Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Yeah the artist basically confirmed it on IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Confirmed what? The cancellation?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Next week’s preview
    just who are all of the villains? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone except Stegron... He's fought Spider-Woman before?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Confirmed what? The cancellation?
    yeah, I had asked if that meant "no more Spider-Woman" and his response was "sadly so." I wish Marvel would just admit when they decide to cancel a title instead of making us wonder and wait...

Astonishing Member

Well, if we actually see a Spider-Woman movie with Jess as the protagonist, she'll get another book. I know most of you enjoyed this run, but it never quite gelled for me. The tone was never quite right. I am grateful they corrected the mistake of the black costume.

I'd like to next see Jess in a West Coast Avengers reboot --- one that includes some classic members like Wonder Man, Tigra, hawkeye, etc.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just came to share the bad news. I was unofficially told it was over, and they were pulling me from reviewing the book. Sorry, Jess fanatics.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, if we actually see a Spider-Woman movie with Jess as the protagonist, she'll get another book. I know most of you enjoyed this run, but it never quite gelled for me. The tone was never quite right. I am grateful they corrected the mistake of the black costume.

I'd like to next see Jess in a West Coast Avengers reboot --- one that includes some classic members like Wonder Man, Tigra, hawkeye, etc.
    Yeah same, hopefully the next one will be more like early day or pre-2010 Jess

I'd like to see the artist on Spidey if not for Jess though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

A shame that the team never had Spider-Woman do a crossover in the pages of ASM that could had brought the Spider-Man readers to Spider-Woman. A real shame that Spidey/and Black Cat was never used in a guest spot in Spider-Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Am I gonna have to be the one to say it? We all know why. Karla Pacheco got rid of Roger. She took the heart out of the book. The love story and the romance. That's why.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I could do without Roger. Karla brought back Lindsay, which only elevated Jess.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

Is Jess only supposed to have 1 person close to her in her supporting cast?

Astonishing Member

Too little, too late.

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Black Cat(respectively)could have elevated Jessica Drew a great deal. Especially if she made a few reoccurring guest spot in ASM and vice versa. Some of Spidey's and X-Men rogues could had migrated into Jessica's series that could have gained a large following of readers. That could have helped the series avoid cancellation. The writer wasn't willing to take a chance of bringing in Spider-Man to Jessica's corner as she did with Carol Danvers. There were a lot of opportunities to make Spider-Woman a top seller. But if the writer can't do that(no matter how good of a talented writer they are), then the book gets cancelled. Marvel is about generating strong sales number.

I could never understand why no one wants Spider-Man & Spider-Woman to team-up. Yet it's ok for Spidey to team-up with Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Black Cat(respectively)could have elevated Jessica Drew a great deal. Especially if she made a few reoccurring guest spot in ASM and vice versa. Some of Spidey's and X-Men rogues could had migrated into Jessica's series that could have gained a large following of readers. That could have helped the series avoid cancellation. The writer wasn't willing to take a chance of bringing in Spider-Man to Jessica's corner as she did with Carol Danvers. There were a lot of opportunities to make Spider-Woman a top seller. But if the writer can't do that(no matter how good of a talented writer they are), then the book gets cancelled. Marvel is about generating strong sales number.

I could never understand why no one wants Spider-Man & Spider-Woman to team-up. Yet it's ok for Spidey to team-up with Deadpool.
    All that a guest appearance or cross over is going to do is increase the sales on those specific issues because people want to follow that character...it in no way means that people who don't normally buy Spider-Woman are going to jump on board and start buying it every month.

I am not against it happening because I want it to be shown that they are not just super heroes in the same universe...but that they are also friends who stay in touch. I have even suggested that a better crossover of the titles would not be about Jess and Peter teaming up to fight a bad guy...but showing that Lindsay and MJ are working on the same TV show, movie or play.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-27-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Fantastic Member

SW cancelled?!

Where Seren at?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"