Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I do wish that instead of cancelling books now days, companies would try different creative teams. As much as I have loved what KP has done, how could this book be under someone like Cullen Bunn or Jed McKay or Joe Kelly. How could the book look with someone like Kenneth Rocafort on art or a run with Chris Bachalo?
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 03-16-2022 at 07:47 PM.

I’m hoping for a relaunch.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do wish that instead of cancelling books now days, companies would try different creative teams. As much as I have loved what KT has done, how could this book be under someone like Cullen Bunn or Jed McKay or Joe Kelly. How could the book look with someone like Kenneth Rocafort on art or a run with Chris Bachalo?
    If by "KT" you mean Kelly Thompson, I should mention this current volume of Spider-Woman has been written since issue one by Karla Pacheco. Still, I do agree that it would generally be better to start a new run of the same title with a new and different creative team than just canceling the book and launching a new #1 all the time. It gets very aggravating.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Especially when they relaunch with the same creative team, that's just not necessary. And even worse when it happens twice in 12 months, as happened with Hopeless's Spider-Woman run and several other books after Secret Wars.

Lampshaded on the cover of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1, LGY #9: "Only our second #1 so far this year"
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Especially when they relaunch with the same creative team, that's just not necessary. And even worse when it happens twice in 12 months, as happened with Hopeless's Spider-Woman run and several other books after Secret Wars.

Lampshaded on the cover of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1, LGY #9: "Only our second #1 so far this year"
    That was because of that whole Secret Wars thing, wasn't it? Happened with several titles IIRC. Part of the reason I think they need to put a hold on those big events for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That was because of that whole Secret Wars thing, wasn't it? Happened with several titles IIRC. Part of the reason I think they need to put a hold on those big events for a long time.
    Honestly? very few comic book "big events" are actually GOOD. The best are things where it's a single story that has a scope that logically needs to involve multiple books.

That was because of that whole Secret Wars thing, wasn't it? Happened with several titles IIRC.
    That's what I said. And yes, it happened to Spider-Woman, Squirrel Girl, Silk, and Spider-Gwen. Ms. Marvel didn't change creative team either, but that at least had been running for over a year. Iron Man, Captain America and Uncanny Avengers also relaunched after very short runs, but their creative teams did change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's what I said. And yes, it happened to Spider-Woman, Squirrel Girl, Silk, and Spider-Gwen. Ms. Marvel didn't change creative team either, but that at least had been running for over a year. Iron Man, Captain America and Uncanny Avengers also relaunched after very short runs, but their creative teams did change.
    My point is there was no control over that reboot. But I agree it is annoying.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If by "KT" you mean Kelly Thompson, I should mention this current volume of Spider-Woman has been written since issue one by Karla Pacheco. Still, I do agree that it would generally be better to start a new run of the same title with a new and different creative team than just canceling the book and launching a new #1 all the time. It gets very aggravating.
    OUCH! Didn't even realize I typed the wrong letter!! Corrected! thank you.

Mighty Member

SW 21.jpg

Guys, it's finally confirm to be the last issue of the run.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    OUCH! Didn't even realize I typed the wrong letter!! Corrected! thank you.
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    SW 21.jpg

Guys, it's finally confirm to be the last issue of the run.
    Better go out swinging.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Better go out swinging.
    I have no doubt that they will.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

My point is there was no control over that reboot. But I agree it is annoying.
    Why the writer never featured Spider-Man as a guest? Having Jessica appear as a guest in ASM could have brought in the Spider-Man readers to her series and vice versa. Poor promotion on the creative team's part to sell the series to a larger audience by not having Jessica appear in the following books

1. Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Deadpool
    3. Daredevil
    4. Black Cat

Having Jessica in those books might have helped to keep her solo book going. If the team can't sell the series by not having Jessica appearing in other titles that has a large audience to know about the character, how can it expect to avoid cancellation? If the reader doesn't know the Jessica's character, they won't buy the series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-22-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Why the writer never featured Spider-Man as a guest? Having Jessica appear as a guest in ASM could have brought in the Spider-Man readers to her series and vice versa. Poor promotion on the creative team's part to sell the series to a larger audience by not having Jessica appear in the following books

1. Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Deadpool
    3. Daredevil
    4. Black Cat

Having Jessica in those books might have helped to keep her solo book going. If the team can't sell the series by not having Jessica appearing in other titles that has a large audience to know about the character, how can it expect to avoid cancellation? If the reader doesn't know the Jessica's character, they won't buy the series.
    Well, historically, Spider-Woman is only loosely associated with Marvel comics in general. which is a lot of the problem here. :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, historically, Spider-Woman is only loosely associated with Marvel comics in general. which is a lot of the problem here. :/
    Marvel needs to stop being historical when it comes to their characters. It doesn't equal strong sales increase. There was a time when Jessica Drew was planned to become a part of Spider-Man's world until Marvel gave the green light to promote Silk and Spider-Gwen instead. Having non Spider-Man created characters as part of Spider-Man's world might have help to increase sales of Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) solo series if she appeared in a reoccurring guest spot. For example, some of Spidey's unused allies and rogues could become a part of Jessica's book like Morbius, Black Cat, Carnage, Tombstone, and Mephisto respectively.

There is no reason why Spider-Woman can't sell over 100K copies a month if they just mix things up with Jessica and Spider-Man supporting cast and rogues. Marvel once had Jessica as a reoccurring guest in the pages of the X-Men and Wolverine. I have yet to see Jessica and Spidey working together in a major story arc that doesn't involve the other Spider-characters.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-22-2022 at 05:50 PM.