Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Aw man, hopefully the villains won't realise that since he has his Mom's powers, baby Gerry is ALSO a Spider-Totem. He's in danger!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Jessica Drew is my favorite Marvel superheroine. So you can well imagine how I feel at today's news.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Aw man, hopefully the villains won't realise that since he has his Mom's powers, baby Gerry is ALSO a Spider-Totem. He's in danger!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, depending on how deep cutting her from the Web of Life goes, it’s possible that Gerry ceased to exist.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't think so, because if Jessica was completely erased, the others wouldn't have grieved, they'd have simply forgotten she was ever there.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    She's too iconic for this to last. I imagine she will be revived within the storyline.
    end of spoilers
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

That's what I think too.

I don't read SW regularly, though I consider myself a fan and have read her since her first appearance 2 in 1, so long ago.

As to the bi "controversy", this is one of those cases where it should not be emphasized in any way. Not because I don't like that, bi myself so I too, don't think all men think all women are bi, or whatever that was.

I think the unsaid parts make it more interesting. I, as a Pagan also feel there is a quality (certainly in my community) of

poly-sensuality, which is not sexual, but the feeling of warmth, sensuality, love between all people, despite their actual sexual preferences or identity. Affirming a true, strong bond, that isn't challenged by people's assumptions.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Spider-Man #1 today....really? I mean freaking really?!?!?
    Right? No respect!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That's what I think too.

I don't read SW regularly, though I consider myself a fan and have read her since her first appearance 2 in 1, so long ago.

As to the bi "controversy", this is one of those cases where it should not be emphasized in any way. Not because I don't like that, bi myself so I too, don't think all men think all women are bi, or whatever that was.

I think the unsaid parts make it more interesting. I, as a Pagan also feel there is a quality (certainly in my community) of

poly-sensuality, which is not sexual, but the feeling of warmth, sensuality, love between all people, despite their actual sexual preferences or identity. Affirming a true, strong bond, that isn't challenged by people's assumptions.
    That does sound intriguing and sensible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think so, because if Jessica was completely erased, the others wouldn't have grieved, they'd have simply forgotten she was ever there.
    end of spoilers
    THAT would have been eerily similar to a depressing turn of events for Jessica back in her early days...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Ugh. The last thing I want is for Carol and Jessica’s friendship to be ruined by having them become a couple. Is Carol even bi? Neither have dated anyone of the same sex. Jessica has been into men since her first appearance and her and Lindsay should just be friends.

Bring Roger back. Bring Sybil back with a mutant GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I agree...but Iceman was never shown to be into guys...but they went there.

I also agree about Roger...there was some real depth into real world broken/blended family issues that could have been explored. Roger and his ex Olivia and how they relate to each other. How Roger's daughter Kalie and Gerry would relate to each other. How Jess and Olivia would.
    I agree with both of you. Bring Roger back. He was a great addition to Spider-Woman. As for Iceman? He was turned gay in one panel by Bendis with no explaination or back story. Pure lazy writing which was always Bendis’ forte. He did it for the shock value and the spotlight. What makes me scratch my head is if Bobby was gay then he went through a lot of women to hide it. That would make him at least Bi if he could be with all of those women.

Getting back to Roger it was a shame that he was left far on the sidelines in the last run. Hallum did a great job. He made the guy not only a hero but likeable. A nobody that no one cared about and he developed him into a serious character. Flawed but we saw the improvement of his character over time as he developed him. To me that’s what a great writer does. Now he’s in limbo stealing effing pizza’s because some hack writer either didn’t do his homework or didn’t care that he trashed all of Hallum’s good work and tossed it out the window.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 10-06-2022 at 05:08 PM.

spoilers:
    While I'm not reading this, someone pointed out a few times on 4chan that the method used to kill Jessica (Or at least, a similar method) has been used on The Other and it didn't work.
    end of spoilers

(ASM#14 vol 3)

(Spider-Geddon#5)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lol, right, that happened, guess Jessica has experience with that at least .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Bring Roger back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I agree with both of you. Bring Roger back. He was a great addition to Spider-Woman. As for Iceman? He was turned gay in one panel by Bendis with no explaination or back story. Pure lazy writing which was always Bendis’ forte. He did it for the shock value and the spotlight. What makes me scratch my head is if Bobby was gay then he went through a lot of women to hide it. That would make him at least Bi if he could be with all of those women.

Getting back to Roger it was a shame that he was left far on the sidelines in the last run. Hallum did a great job. He made the guy not only a hero but likeable. A nobody that no one cared about and he developed him into a serious character. Flawed but we saw the improvement of his character over time as he developed him. To me that’s what a great writer does. Now he’s in limbo stealing effing pizza’s because some hack writer either didn’t do his homework or didn’t care that he trashed all of Hallum’s good work and tossed it out the window.
    Definitely bring Roger back...and digging into some Marvel history I have the answer to how Roger can have his armor with him at all times. An Armor Matrix. Originally introduced in a Thor Story in the 80s was a group called the Green Liberation Front. They were a KGB covert op that recruited disaffected US Military Veterans under the guys of fighting for the little guy. They used armors that could be reduced to the size of credit cards. The Armor Matrix was eventually adapted to both Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man armors.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Green...nt_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Credit_Card_Armor

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/green...nt/4005-31260/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/armor-matrix/4055-56476/

spoilers:
    She's too iconic for this to last. I imagine she will be revived within the storyline.
    end of spoilers
    I imagine so because I'm not gonna read a Spiderman comic to find out what happened and why, lol.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So anyone care to explain what happened in Spider-Man 1? I dont read anything Spiderman, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    So anyone care to explain what happened in Spider-Man 1? I dont read anything Spiderman, so.....
    Some disrespectful shit!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah