Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    So anyone care to explain what happened in Spider-Man 1? I dont read anything Spiderman, so.....
    spoilers:
    Jessica Drew got severed from the Web of Life and disintegrated into something that looked like spider webs
    end of spoilers

So anyone care to explain what happened in Spider-Man 1? I dont read anything Spiderman, so.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:
    Jessica Drew got severed from the Web of Life and disintegrated into something that looked like spider webs
    end of spoilers
    What happened to Jessica Drew in SPIDER-MAN 1 (spoilers)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Definitely bring Roger back...and digging into some Marvel history I have the answer to how Roger can have his armor with him at all times. An Armor Matrix. Originally introduced in a Thor Story in the 80s was a group called the Green Liberation Front. They were a KGB covert op that recruited disaffected US Military Veterans under the guys of fighting for the little guy. They used armors that could be reduced to the size of credit cards. The Armor Matrix was eventually adapted to both Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man armors.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Green...nt_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Credit_Card_Armor

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/green...nt/4005-31260/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/armor-matrix/4055-56476/
    Interesting. I just finished reading a trilogy novel called the Renegades where a character called the Sentinel had his armor packed in a compartment in his chest. I just want to see Roger in the suit again. I don’t care if it takes him ten minutes to put it on. Maybe team up with Scott Lang and he can shrink it. There are lots of possibilities. None of them matter if he doesn’t get any writer interest. Only Hallum and Spencer showed any interest in Roger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Interesting. I just finished reading a trilogy novel called the Renegades where a character called the Sentinel had his armor packed in a compartment in his chest. I just want to see Roger in the suit again. I don’t care if it takes him ten minutes to put it on. Maybe team up with Scott Lang and he can shrink it. There are lots of possibilities. None of them matter if he doesn’t get any writer interest. Only Hallum and Spencer showed any interest in Roger.
    Roger and Scott would be a great story...if the writer doesn't treat them both like punchlines.

Roger and Scott would be a great story...if the writer doesn't treat them both like punchlines.
    I agree but at this point only Scott is getting air time in the limited Ant-Man series which I enjoyed by the way. I don’t see anything positive for Roger except sitting in limbo indefinitely. I was kind of hoping he would be a Thunderbolt again.

That WOULD make sense, as the T-Bolts are usually about reforming villains. That's not what the current team is though, it has members who've never been villains (Monica, Power Man, and America), and their aim is to redeem the Thunderbolts name itself, which had recently been used by villains with no intention of heel-face turning.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That WOULD make sense, as the T-Bolts are usually about reforming villains. That's not what the current team is though, it has members who've never been villains (Monica, Power Man, and America), and their aim is to redeem the Thunderbolts name itself, which had recently been used by villains with no intention of heel-face turning.
    I know it's just my opinion, but I would like to see the Thunderbolts title return to something closer to what it was. This time though make it villains who actually are attempting to change. Led by Songbird and maybe Atlas, bring in Titania, Crusher Creel...would be perfect for Roger. Tag line "Trying to change their lives....but will the heroes let them?"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I know it's just my opinion, but I would like to see the Thunderbolts title return to something closer to what it was. This time though make it villains who actually are attempting to change. Led by Songbird and maybe Atlas, bring in Titania, Crusher Creel...would be perfect for Roger. Tag line "Trying to change their lives....but will the heroes let them?"
    Sounds like a good idea. Throw in Rhino, since he has been a lot closer to the heroic side lately, as per his interactions with Miles Morales/Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Throw in Rhino, since he has been a lot closer to the heroic side lately, as per his interactions with Miles Morales/Spider-Man.
    Yeah...but then where does Roger fit in with a group like that...bunch of Thor/Hulk level people and good old Roger in the Porcupine suit.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-08-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah...but then where does Roger fit in with a group like that...bunch of Thor/Hulk level people and good old Roger in the Porcupine suit.
    He can at least be the Hawkeye of the team, and I'm talking Hawkeye when the writers remember that even if his abilities aren't the most impressive on paper, he is incredibly competent, skilled, and experienced.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Weak, But Skilled. Common enough, that it's a trope.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...WeakButSkilled
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He can at least be the Hawkeye of the team, and I'm talking Hawkeye when the writers remember that even if his abilities aren't the most impressive on paper, he is incredibly competent, skilled, and experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Weak, But Skilled. Common enough, that it's a trope.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...WeakButSkilled
    I have said before that Roger needs some sort of enhancement. Even if he keeps the suit he needs to have a way to keep it with him (the armor matrix thing I suggested above or Darla Deering's Thing Rings for ideas) and maybe some sort of Super Soldier Serum Light like Codename: Bravo or the 2nd Tarantula.

Teams need to be balanced out. Speed, skill, strength, power, tactical, etc. Who knows now that Jessica Drew trained Roger he might fall into the skill and tactical part. He is also a ranged fighter so he could take on the ones that the strong peopl can’t get close enough to. Atlas, Titania, Absorbing Man, Rhino. That’s a lot of bruisers. This team would kick some ass. They could smack the Avengers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Teams need to be balanced out. Speed, skill, strength, power, tactical, etc. Who knows now that Jessica Drew trained Roger he might fall into the skill and tactical part. He is also a ranged fighter so he could take on the ones that the strong peopl can’t get close enough to. Atlas, Titania, Absorbing Man, Rhino. That’s a lot of bruisers. This team would kick some ass. They could smack the Avengers around.
    Yeah, having a getaway driver/tech guy is quite useful. he could also be the "weapons expert" type guy who brings the plot-important special weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, having a getaway driver/tech guy is quite useful. he could also be the "weapons expert" type guy who brings the plot-important special weapons.
    Roger could be what the Fixer/Techno was to the team. I’m not sure how tech savvy Roger is though. Norbert Ebersol would be a tough act to follow. That guy created the Mach persona for the Beetle. There is still a lot we don’t know about Roger that needs to be explored.