Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Same. I’d love to see her go to war with Teddy over the Skrull throne. I could see her and Teddy’s grandmother becoming fast friends.
    That would be cool to see. Would make for some epic battles.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be cool to see. Would make for some epic battles.
    Yesssssss! Although idk if I want a lot of Jess in Space (Danger J. Drew! Danger!) it would be fun to see one of her rogues get up on that level.

Yesssssss! Although idk if I want a lot of Jess in Space (Danger J. Drew! Danger!) it would be fun to see one of her rogues get up on that level.
    That's fair, and yeah, that would definitely be fun.

Honestly... I think the worst part of Secret Invasion... was the ending. all that build up to... nothing. the story just gets magic reset-buttoned out of existence. BOOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly... I think the worst part of Secret Invasion... was the ending. all that build up to... nothing. the story just gets magic reset-buttoned out of existence. BOOO!!!!
    Welcome to every comic event by Bendis.

Technically, there wasn't a magic reset button for Secret Invasion, as while Veranke and her forces were defeated, it was Norman Osborn who got the kill shot and parlayed that into convincing the public and the government to give him the proverbial keys to the kingdom, then ramping up the repressiveness of the SHRA and targeting anyone and everyone he saw as a threat to his power, which made things a lot worse. The reset button came at the end of that, with Osborn's attempted Siege of Asgard causing him to be toppled from power and locked up while the SHRA was finally repealed, Captain America was brought back to life, Iron Man was "rebooted" with his pre-Extremis memories, and the Avengers were reunited.

Yeah secret invasion gave us dark reign.
    The whole new avengers > avengers assemble chain of events was actually really well done in my book even if our Jess wasn't actually present for a good chunk of it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Technically, there wasn't a magic reset button for Secret Invasion, as while Veranke and her forces were defeated, it was Norman Osborn who got the kill shot and parlayed that into convincing the public and the government to give him the proverbial keys to the kingdom, then ramping up the repressiveness of the SHRA and targeting anyone and everyone he saw as a threat to his power, which made things a lot worse. The reset button came at the end of that, with Osborn's attempted Siege of Asgard causing him to be toppled from power and locked up while the SHRA was finally repealed, Captain America was brought back to life, Iron Man was "rebooted" with his pre-Extremis memories, and the Avengers were reunited.
    Well, I mean in the sense that the invasion just... magically ends. Ok yes, it had some level of fallout since it was the reason Dark Reign happened. But that's after the magic "Skrull army dies" button got pressed. There are now DOZENS of Super-Skrulls! Veranke herself was one. There was only a handful that are actually even shown losing fights!... then story fiat says now they're all dead?

Well, I mean in the sense that the invasion just... magically ends. Ok yes, it had some level of fallout since it was the reason Dark Reign happened. But that's after the magic "Skrull army dies" button got pressed. There are now DOZENS of Super-Skrulls! Veranke herself was one. There was only a handful that are actually even shown losing fights!... then story fiat says now they're all dead?
    That's a fair point there about the Skrulls going down too fast and too easily at the end.

Same. spoilers:
    Norman Osborn is one sick puppy, keeping Veranke's not-so-dead-after-all carcass as some kind of trophy.
    end of spoilers
    Wonder if "good" Norman will talk about this eventually in ASM lol.

From some stuff I saw and heard, Bendis might be even worse at ending stories than he is at writing dialogue lol.

Either way, interesting Veranke is back, the artist even paid attention and made sure she's using the older version of the classic costume (With the yellow part on her stomach being bigger), since it's the one she used the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    spoilers:
    She's been dead for a while, right?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    spoilers:
    She's been dead for a while, right?
    end of spoilers
    Yep. She’s been out of commission since Secret Invasion.

Ultimate Member

Yep. She’s been out of commission since Secret Invasion.
    I guess it's only natural to see her return since Spider-Woman needs all the major villains she can get!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Where's Kl'rt? I wanna see what Kl'rt thinks of this reveal.