Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

yeah, looking at this character.. doesn't read as Jessica Drew. also.. webbing?? Jessica didn't have that as part of her powers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    yeah, looking at this character.. doesn't read as Jessica Drew. also.. webbing?? Jessica didn't have that as part of her powers.
    616 Jessica, no. Ultimate Jessica, who was a literal clone of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, yes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    616 Jessica, no. Ultimate Jessica, who was a literal clone of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, yes.
    Totally but that was more genderbent Ben Reilly with her name, no?

[Real talk, never read any Ben Reilly stuff so I may just be completely off]

So to that effect movie Jess is already closer to comic Jess than ultimate Jess, ain't she?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Yeah, Jessica doesn't have a true Ultimate counterpart, as Ultimate Jessica seems to be a combination of Ben Reilly (being Peter's clone and sharing his powers) and X-23 (the gender swap aspect). The only thing she took from 616 Jess was her civilian name and first codename (she eventually changed from Spider-Woman to Black Widow - Ultimate Natasha had been revealed as a villain who was killed off, leaving that name vacant).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-16-2022 at 04:42 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she's been race-lifted.

I've never been a fan of this version of Jessica Drew, so giving her a "stunning and brave" race change (unless this one is just plain obese) makes me doubly uninterested. I'd rather pay money for a PROWLER ticket or book than one for Miles Morales anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Jessica did not conceive Gerry in the traditional sense. She went to a sperm back so the father would not be in the picture at all. You don't get the donor's name and address so you can make him help support the kid.
    Jessica knows who the father of her son is. If the sperm belongs to Peter Parker, she'll used it. But I feel that giving Jessica a child was a complete waste of time on Dennis Hopeless part. The writer should had done a story with Jessica vs The Black Cat(Queenpin), or a Spider-Woman, Black Widow, and Spider-Man team-up story arc where they work together.

Astonishing Member

I don't get why any writer would think that kicking off a storyline of an action hero with the main character being pregnant was a good idea. If he wanted her to have a child, he should have skipped the pregnancy and jumped ahead to Gerry already existing. I bypassed Hopeless's run (the new costume didn't help either).

Extraordinary Member

I loved the Hopeless/Hallum run. I think he did a lot of great things like Gerry, Roger's going straight and dating Jess, I loved the fallout Jess had with Carol over Bruce/Hulk's death and wish they had never made up after it.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Picked up some sleep pants for my brother in law as a Christmas present and look who makes an appearance on them. Other pants had different cuts from the material and she was more prominent, just none left in his size.20221222_111900.jpg
    20221222_111908.jpg