Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Dig the issue, reminded me a lot of Miles's clone saga finale w/ the baby in threat and an imposter as the main villain who infiltrates the family.
    Yeah, it was pretty good, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Any guesses as to who will be on The Anti-Arachnine?

I hope maybe a couple villains from vol. 1
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Finally Jess’s own Sinister Six. I hope we see Gypsy Moth (I’ll never use Skein lol), I’d love to see Angar the Screamer, Dansen Macabre, Flying Tiger, maybe the Needle. Also, I need Los Espadas Gemelas De Toledo to be the Brothers Grimm.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

spoilers:
    So Veranke survived? How did she? Ehh... I'm not a fan of "clone" villains at this point. So is her agenda still to take over the world for the Skrulls? Or something more mundane?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:
    So Veranke survived? How did she? Ehh... I'm not a fan of "clone" villains at this point. So is her agenda still to take over the world for the Skrulls? Or something more mundane?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Mostly, she just wants to make Jess suffer, and suffer a lot. As for how she survived, like Wolverine said in that one issue of the first Young Avengers run when they were fighting the Kree and Skrull forces who had come for Hulkling: "They'll grow back. Eventually."
    end of spoilers

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, her return shouldn’t come as any surprise. I mean, the Empress who was on the Skrull throne world when Galactus ate it is back, alive and well.
    end of spoilers
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

With the report of Dakota Johnson being cast in the MADAME WEB movie project at Sony, I was concerned that "Web" might be the "Spider female" character project to which Olivia Wilde has been attached. But it seems that the creative team behind the camera and scenes explicitly does NOT include Wilde. So we can keep hope alive for Jess on the big screen.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/da...l_BgcjyVDtSXnA
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/olivia-...ny-1203017798/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With her return, I wonder what this is gonna mean for Teddy. I could see this creating something of at least a splinter cell of Skrulls who are loyal to her branching off from the united empire. That or Marvel using it as a way to status quo the Skrulls into being villains again.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Finally Jess’s own Sinister Six. I hope we see Gypsy Moth (I’ll never use Skein lol), I’d love to see Angar the Screamer, Dansen Macabre, Flying Tiger, maybe the Needle. Also, I need Los Espadas Gemelas De Toledo to be the Brothers Grimm.
    Yeahm, those brothers seemed very Brothers Grimm -- just not as interesting of as visually appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    With her return, I wonder what this is gonna mean for Teddy. I could see this creating something of at least a splinter cell of Skrulls who are loyal to her branching off from the united empire. That or Marvel using it as a way to status quo the Skrulls into being villains again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd prefer Veranke just form a splinter faction of Skrulls loyal to her. Having the status quo reassert itself and make the Skrulls villains on the whole again . . . would suck.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeahm, those brothers seemed very Brothers Grimm -- just not as interesting of as visually appealing.
    Same here. I would much rather have the Brothers Grimm than these two. Far more interesting. As for the other spots...I wouldn't mind them to belong to the Grimms, but the Needle, Flying Tiger, Gypsy Moth, (will never be Skein to me)....we NEED some of the old goes back!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With the report of Dakota Johnson being cast in the MADAME WEB movie project at Sony, I was concerned that "Web" might be the "Spider female" character project to which Olivia Wilde has been attached. But it seems that the creative team behind the camera and scenes explicitly does NOT include Wilde. So we can keep hope alive for Jess on the big screen.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/da...l_BgcjyVDtSXnA
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/olivia-...ny-1203017798/
    There's some thought this may be Julia Carpenter rather than Jess.

The madame web movie has a different director attached to it -and the Madame Web movie will be about Julia. At least that's the last I heard.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    There's some thought this may be Julia Carpenter rather than Jess.
    It's called Madame Web, so of course it's Julia Carpenter (yeah, Cassandra Webb was the original Madame Web, but I don't think Dakota Johnson is playing that old lady, somehow! lol).

Spider-Woman is a separate project. They're also supposed to be doing Silk. Seems odd that they have plans for all three, but apparently they do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's called Madame Web, so of course it's Julia Carpenter (yeah, Cassandra Webb was the original Madame Web, but I don't think Dakota Johnson is playing that old lady, somehow! lol).

Spider-Woman is a separate project. They're also supposed to be doing Silk. Seems odd that they have plans for all three, but apparently they do.
    Its not unprecedented for there to be a version of Cassandra that is not a old woman. I would think that the name "Cassandra Webb" might be too on the nose for adaptation, if they are going with the "Web" being her life support system configuration appearance.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.