Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would have been interesting. Like that version of White Tiger who turned out to be an actual evolved white tiger. That said, I'm looking forward to the Anti-Arach-Nine, whenever that comes.
    Despite Jessica and White Tiger crossing over in HEROES FOR HIRE, I don't think I picked up on the detail that Tiger had picked up Jessica as a evolved spider's origin story.

From the description of the "THE ANTI-ARACH-9", they sound like they are rogues introduced during Pacheco's run, so that pares down the potential members... https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN220907

Pulling from beyond that, my fan-fic spider rogues would be more along the lines of :
    DEATHWEB: Anthro, Arachne, Therak (Julia Carpenter villains introduced in AVENGERS WEST COAST

SPIDER WOMAN: Charlotte Witter

DOCTOR OCTOPUS II/LADY OCTOPUS

TARANTULA - one of em, Maria Vasquez never seemed far from a turn to the dark side.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1946008
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would have been interesting. Like that version of White Tiger who turned out to be an actual evolved white tiger. That said, I'm looking forward to the Anti-Arach-Nine, whenever that comes.
    Heh, one of the villains in Thundarr the Barbarian was a Werewolf... who was a WOLF cursed with Human traits, not the other way around.
    https://thundarr.fandom.com/wiki/Zevon

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Despite Jessica and White Tiger crossing over in HEROES FOR HIRE, I don't think I picked up on the detail that Tiger had picked up Jessica as a evolved spider's origin story.

From the description of the "THE ANTI-ARACH-9", they sound like they are rogues introduced during Pacheco's run, so that pares down the potential members... https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN220907

Pulling from beyond that, my fan-fic spider rogues would be more along the lines of :
    DEATHWEB: Anthro, Arachne, Therak (Julia Carpenter villains introduced in AVENGERS WEST COAST

SPIDER WOMAN: Charlotte Witter

DOCTOR OCTOPUS II/LADY OCTOPUS

TARANTULA - one of em, Maria Vasquez never seemed far from a turn to the dark side.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1946008
    Come to think of it, Charlotte Witter (her last name for some reason misspelled as "Winter") did show up again, somehow out of her coma, in Marvel Comics Presents #8 (from 2019) and fought Jessica Drew there, trying to hunt down some college girl who claimed to be the real Spider-Woman on social media for a lark, and the unlucky girl ended up dead in the crossfire.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

also Carolyn's been around lately... as Lady Octopus.

Next week’s preview
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Pere Perez was just announced as the artist fir the upcoming Iron Cat series. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Pere Perez was just announced as the artist fir the upcoming Iron Cat series. Hmmm.
    “Hmmm” as in you think Spider-Woman might be getting canceled?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    “Hmmm” as in you think Spider-Woman might be getting canceled?
    There's been no issues solicited the last two months and the artist is now onto another book. It certainly doesn't bode well...

Yeah, two months of no solicits is a concern on it's own, but the artist being reassigned too is a death flag for a comic. We're done.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, two months of no solicits is a concern on it's own, but the artist being reassigned too is a death flag for a comic. We're done.
    I hope we at least get the Anti-Arach-Nine arc before it ends, though Marvel could just put a new artist on Spider-Woman. Not like they haven't done that before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, that arc starts next issue doesn't it? It just happens to be the final arc if the book is cancelled.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Okay but like that preview is freaking hilarious, I love it!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Next week’s preview
    That preview has some serious "final issue" vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Okay but like that preview is freaking hilarious, I love it!
    The cover art is weird.... it has a Skrull face.... but it looks to be the face of Kl'rt, not Veranke. Then the group shot... There's definitely Stegron, for some reason, and Lady Bullseye? and a dozen or so others.

Skrull on a cover? Isn't that just a Secret Invasion variant?

Stegron makes sense in the interior group shot, Jess HAS fought him already in this run.