Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Just because I want this thread to thrive.

Attachment 116988

Which X-men would you like for her to choose as a mentor?

I'd go w Jean and Storm.

I feel like she would be a good combination of both.
    How about Iceman? Not an Obvious choice but if its the whole "unlocking potential" thing, the student and teacher could learn from each other.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Here is where I'm currently registering on the "desperate for content" meter: With Surge listed as one of the prospective X-Men nominees, there is a CHANCE Sofia might appear on panel -- either in one of those "rejection" mini comics (if they follow last Gala's routine) or possibly just in the background of the Gala amidst other X-youths.

Seeing Mercury and Loa in last year's Gala serving Jumbo Carnation attire also has me crossing my fingers.

As for mentor? MEGGAN.

She's an empath AND an elemental and if that isn't the perfect combination for Sofia, I don't know what is.
    She is patient and kind and passionate, as is Sofia. She's the clear choice y'all. I'd LOVE to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by fokken View Post
    here is where i'm currently registering on the "desperate for content" meter: With surge listed as one of the prospective x-men nominees, there is a chance sofia might appear on panel -- either in one of those "rejection" mini comics (if they follow last gala's routine) or possibly just in the background of the gala amidst other x-youths.

Seeing mercury and loa in last year's gala serving jumbo carnation attire also has me crossing my fingers.

As for mentor? meggan.

She's an empath and an elemental and if that isn't the perfect combination for sofia, i don't know what is.
    She is patient and kind and passionate, as is sofia. She's the clear choice y'all. I'd love to see it.
    i fully support meggan as sofia’s mentor

marvel make this happen!

I'm hoping we get more Sofia appearances. Although I appreciate the Unlimited series I want her to be on one of the main x-men teams.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

WINDANCER! YAY! Liked her since New Mutants 2.0. It was one of my favorite books at the time, the one by DeFillips , Weir and Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    WINDANCER! YAY! Liked her since New Mutants 2.0. It was one of my favorite books at the time, the one by DeFillips , Weir and Ryan.

Yeah! 2003 was the year!! An all-time favorite for me, as well. Became a fan of Sofia instantly (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! 2003 was the year!! An all-time favorite for me, as well. Became a fan of Sofia instantly (XD)

Yeah, maybe it's just preference but it was the last year I was really impressed.

Astonishing Member

Oh man, Meggan as a mentor for Sofia would be awesome.

But also, I would love to see Sofia learn to build circuits with other elemental mutants so they could combine to manipulate storms and weather for when Storm isn't around? Like, there's only one omega level weather manipulator, lol, but could be cool to see someone like Aloba Dastoor aka Monsoon teaching Sofia how to link up with say, Surge, Dust, Rain Boy, Galura, and various other wind, water and electricity manipulators to create full storms or weather fronts between the group of them. Throw in a couple of mutants like Wallflower with pheromone control, or Tag with his psychic ability to make people flee anyone or any place he tags as 'It'....and they could unleash weather systems that have physiological or psychological effects on large groups of people, create fogs that are littered with illusionary boogeymen or will'o'wisps to scare off attempted invasions, etc. Mercenaries try to land on Krakoa by boat like has happened in X-Force, and before they get within a mile of the shore they're beset by storms that almost seem alive, filled with eerie, spectral ghosts and winds that buffet them with fear pheromones and psychic impressions that have them turning tail and setting sail in the opposite direction as fast as they can, spreading stories about the haunted seas around that freaky mutant island.....

I stated this before but I really want a scene with Storm and Wind Dancer flying way above Krakoa and Storm teaches her how to create hurricane winds around Krakoa, with the island in the eye of the storm, just in case there is ever a time that Krakao needs defense and protection.

Storm would be like: "You dont control the weather Sofia but you control the winds child. Your powers are growing and limitless. We must show you how to control and harness this in defense of mutant kind. You can be a powerful elemental with the proper training and I will be your guide."

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah, maybe it's just preference but it was the last year I was really impressed.
    That was meant as wasnt really impressed.

She should meet Aero (the Agents of Atlas member, not Cannonball's sister) because they have the same powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She should meet Aero (the Agents of Atlas member, not Cannonball's sister) because they have the same powers.
    Honestly it should have been Sofia in that Crucible issue. I know Hickman picked Melody because of the Guthrie connection but having it be Sofia supported by her NXM peers and Dani in the lead-up to the Crucible, earning Apocalypse's respect, and then being resurrected and using her powers to dance on air over a tearing up Moonstar and the NXM would have had much more emotional heft than an obscure character like Aero.

Man I wish that she would have gotten that spotlight in one of Hickman's most talked about X-Men issues.

I feel like she would have been elevated so much. (Even though Aero didnt) I feel like Sofia would have benefited if it was her in that issue.

But he loves hes Guthrie's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aero, Iso, Wind-Dancer. There's a definite niche for wind-controlling ladies. Windshear can join them and be their token dude.

Do you guys think that she feels bad that her friends went through all this stuff when she wasnt around? Or did she feel like she was abandoned?

She could have stayed like Prodigy. But Kyost didnt want to write her

She also didnt just leave into obscurity; even though most don't like it she did do her New Warriors stint and still had training.

And we still don't know about the Mojoverse shenanigans and her dynamics with Shatterstar, Adam X or Sprial.

I wish we'd get a Giant Size Wind Dancer

Dont burst my bubble.