Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I have read Kirby’s original Eternals series a couple of times. I like it much better as an adult than I did as a young teen. The last time I read it was a month before the film came out.

Not sure what the hell that film was but it had damn little to do with the characters that Jack created. I didn’t mind switching a few genders to even things out but the film overall just was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I have read Kirby’s original Eternals series a couple of times. I like it much better as an adult than I did as a young teen. The last time I read it was a month before the film came out.

Not sure what the hell that film was but it had damn little to do with the characters that Jack created. I didn’t mind switching a few genders to even things out but the film overall just was not good.
    Probably the least "feel good" Marvel film. Even compared to Infinity War or Civil War.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

While tomorrow’s issues marks an end to this run, I hope we have a “season 2” after Judgment Day is over. This run has revitalized these characters, it’d be a shame Gillen or Marvel doesn’t have anything planned for them after the event.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I would like to know three things:

1.-Do all superhumans carry Deviant DNA, or it is only mutants? I mean, it is mentioned that small pockets of superhumans always existed, they just failed to become a species and became extinct every time... so guys like Hulk, the 4F, Spider-man, Rhino, Sandman, Bonita Juarez...etc., could be like these ancient superhumans lacking Deviant DNA...

2.-What did the Eternals thought their role was? Everybody knew that the Celestials were running some kind of genetic experiment on Earth, and that Deviants played some part in it, and that Eternals were in charge if keeping it running smoothly... if so, why do they have a problem with the goal of creating beings able to destroy the Horde? Or with the role Deviants as DNA stabilizers? Why are Eternals so upset?

I get they expected something more, but... just, what? what were they expecting...?

3.-How do we reconcile all of this with the story that was told in Neil Gaiman's 2006 mini-series? The creation of Eternals and Deviants was portrayed as some kind of cosmic wage between the Horde and the Celestials, which the latter tried to manipulate to their own benefit... I understand it has been retconned, but we still have the Horde, the awakening and death of Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial, Sprite's gambit and imprisionment...etc... so obviously not all of it has been retconned away.. it would be nice if they tried to explain the inconsistencies...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    No surprise Sersi tapped that.

It seems like everyone will be fighting everyone (Eternals vs Avengers now, and later vs X-Men and prolly Avengers vs X-Men).

I wonder if Echo will face off against Jean Grey? The PF won't harm Jean and it would be an interesting scene when it comes face-to-face with Jean again.

But can the Avengers and X-Men really beat the Eternals? Or will the Eternals have a change of heart and team up with them all?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is what I was waiting for after Thanos' run in with him. It seemed like an inevitable moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It seems like everyone will be fighting everyone (Eternals vs Avengers now, and later vs X-Men and prolly Avengers vs X-Men).

I wonder if Echo will face off against Jean Grey? The PF won't harm Jean and it would be an interesting scene when it comes face-to-face with Jean again.

But can the Avengers and X-Men really beat the Eternals? Or will the Eternals have a change of heart and team up with them all?
    By the end, I expect The Avengers, The X-Men, and The Eternals to be United against The Celestials. Everything beforehand will just be hero vs hero wankery.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    By the end, I expect The Avengers, The X-Men, and The Eternals to be United against The Celestials. Everything beforehand will just be hero vs hero wankery.
    Yeah, that may well be the outcome.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

It was always going to be a tough one to adapt as it's very out there in terms of story and designs. I think it's a pity that Arishem had a redesign since we'd already seen an accurate version in the first Guardians of the Galaxy. Personally I think the one thing that would have improved the movie immensely would be the Deviants to be a sentient race of antagonists rather than mindless beasts. They were shown to evolve in the movie suggesting that's what they'll be in any sequel or appearances in other MCU movies but it would have been immensely better to have them as that from the beginning.

It would have made a better twist for the audience to think the Deviants were the main villains when actually it's the Celestials. It could even be them that revealed the truth about the Celestial Egg, something that found out about in their centuries of hiding in Lemuria. Tode would have made a good source for more traditional MCU humour I feel.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm checking the trade of the 2nd volume of Gillen's Eternals, it apparently only lists issues 7-12.

Are they gonna collect the one-shots like Thanos Rising and Heretic?