Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm curious, was Donna Troy in development to appear in the 2003 cartoon but didn't because of the Wonder Woman rights issues?
    Donna was in development for a DCAU-based Teen Titans team, but I don't recall it being explicitly stated she was a part of the initial roster for the '03 series.

Paul Dini did state at one point that

There’s kind of a licensing problem: if we wanted to do Wonder Woman as a series, we could do that, [but] if it was a guest-shot, it was a little more problematic. I don’t really understand it—it just turned out to be easier all the way around [to use Big Barda in the Batman Beyond episode 'The Call'...] we love Wonder Woman—Bruce [Timm] did that great design of her, which is now a maquette at the Warner Bros. store. At some point, we’ll do Wonder Woman…we just need to fight that battle when we get to it...
    I found the quote on another site but the link to the interview is dead now. Probably could find a source somewhere on the internet, but this had to be before the JL cartoon. But, based on that if Donna wasn't intended to be a lead they weren't having it, I assume? But, it may be more layered than that because she couldn't be used in season 1 of YJ and I believe Greg Weisman stated she would've been on the original roster.

Donna did make a quick cameo in like the very last episode of Teen Titans and appeared in a couple of issues of the tie-in comic, so I think there were plans to have her at some point. However, it's possible they didn't intend for her to be a part of the original roster, and thus that caused Donna to be embargoed from the show.

Although, now I'm curious if she would've been on the Titans East team if they could've used her.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Donna was in development for a DCAU-based Teen Titans team, but I don't recall it being explicitly stated she was a part of the initial roster for the '03 series.

Paul Dini did state at one point that

I found the quote on another site but the link to the interview is dead now. Probably could find a source somewhere on the internet, but this had to be before the JL cartoon. But, based on that if Donna wasn't intended to be a lead they weren't having it, I assume? But, it may be more layered than that because she couldn't be used in season 1 of YJ and I believe Greg Weisman stated she would've been on the original roster.

Donna did make a quick cameo in like the very last episode of Teen Titans and appeared in a couple of issues of the tie-in comic, so I think there were plans to have her at some point. However, it's possible they didn't intend for her to be a part of the original roster, and thus that caused Donna to be embargoed from the show.

Although, now I'm curious if she would've been on the Titans East team if they could've used her.
    Its an interesting thought, especially since the rest of the Fab Five did make appearances in the show. Garth, Roy, Wally, they all showed up in full capacity, leaving Donna as the odd woman out. Its most likely they did consider her to appear in the show if not in a supporting capacity like the former 3 but the embargo prevented her from being used so they regretfully jettisoned any ideas they could have had for her.

Considering the boost in popularity Raven and Starfire got from the show, one wonders how Donna's would could have been enhanced even if she only appeared in a handful of episodes.

I'm curious, was Donna Troy in development to appear in the 2003 cartoon but didn't because of the Wonder Woman rights issues?
    No. Originally the show creators didn't even want to use Robin (as crazy as it sounds) because they wanted to avoid sidekicks lol. They changed their minds because he was the only recognizable character.

Donna was intended to be a lead in Young Justice season 1 though but they couldn't use her.

Fantastic Member

Garth, Roy, Wally, they all showed up in full capacity, leaving Donna as the odd woman out.
    They did have issues with Wally/Kid Flash as well.

They asked if they could use him before planning each of the first three seasons and were told no for reasons. They ended up creating Más y Menos in season three because they figured Wally was never going to happen. That changed in season five when they got the okay so that led to the "Lightspeed" episode.

Character rights issues were really weird back then. Well, DC character embargoes in general are pretty weird.

It's a shame cause it would do wonders for Donna and Wallys popularity outside the comics.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's a shame cause it would do wonders for Donna and Wallys popularity outside the comics.
    We would have most likely have gotten Wally in Smallville as well if they weren't forbidden from using any of the characters that held the Flash name in comics at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Character rights issues were really weird back then. Well, DC character embargoes in general are pretty weird.
    there should have been Speedy, Donna and Garth in those early Teen Titans cartoons, at least on a recurring basis. Mal and Bumblebee, too.

Mighty Member

Really liked if Donna Troy appeared in the original titans kinda bummed that she doesn’t appear that much in other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    there should have been Speedy, Donna and Garth in those early Teen Titans cartoons, at least on a recurring basis. Mal and Bumblebee, too.
    Early? The 2003 cartoon wasn't the original one. There was a 60s Teen Titans cartoon with a Kid Flash who was miscoloured red instead of yellow, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Wally was mean here

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wally's at least got the DCAU, his one episode in TT (which was one of the best of season 5), and YJ.

Donna deserves her time in the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Wally was mean here
    He had a lot of growing up to do.

I loved Aquaman reading them the riot act though.

Poor Garth though...not even his friends thought they were friends.

Wally was a jerk until Waid's run

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Wally was a jerk until Waid's run
    He mellowed out .

hmmm that brings up an interesting point, is Deva fast enough to fight Wally?