Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

everyone always thinks Garth is forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    everyone always thinks Garth is forgotten

I mean, he kind of is, it just seems like they're finally using him again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he kind of is, it just seems like they're finally using him again.
    if hes forgotten then Donna must be a ghost
    at least he keeps consistently appearing in Aquaman comics

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    if hes forgotten then Donna must be a ghost
    at least he keeps consistently appearing in Aquaman comics
    Well Donna was barely in the recent Wonder Woman event.

Garth was pretty much persona non grata in the last few AQ runs aside from a brief moment in Abnett's run, but it is good to see him appearing in the current one.

All-New Member

I'm bumping this post because it makes me sad that a Titan's theme thread has fallen so far down the list!

Also, I'd like to point out the similarities of Dark Crisis to the Titans vs JLA Technis Imperative. I mean, another "perfect reality prison"? Although, that was one of the best Titans comics that did not kill off any of them for s*#t's & giggles.

Astonishing Member

Not liking the new YJ Dark Crisis issue. It's like the writers are saying that YJ being fun was a mistake.

Not a fan of Cissie being so bitter, but she does have a point: Cassie and company have been through one trauma after another.

Bart is right, Wally never liked him that much.

Nice to see Red Tornado again.

So how is Cissie's name pronounced? "Sissy" or "kissy"? I imagine since it comes from Suzanne, it must be "sissy".

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not liking the new YJ Dark Crisis issue. It's like the writers are saying that YJ being fun was a mistake.

Not a fan of Cissie being so bitter, but she does have a point: Cassie and company have been through one trauma after another.

Bart is right, Wally never liked him that much.

Nice to see Red Tornado again.
    The writer seemed to completely misunderstand why Cissie would quit and what the problem with the original team was.

I guess one good thing about post-YJ is that Wally grew to appreciate Bart more.

Astonishing Member

The writer seemed to completely misunderstand why Cissie would quit and what the problem with the original team was.

I guess one good thing about post-YJ is that Wally grew to appreciate Bart more.
    The original team didn't get traumatized until after they joined the TT.

I might be wrong, but I believe Cissie left YJ on good terms and of her own free will, there's no reason for her to be so bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So how is Cissie's name pronounced? "Sissy" or "kissy"? I imagine since it comes from Suzanne, it must be "sissy".
    Why did the Impulse writer in the 90s decide to call her a name that sounds like sissy anyway? It's definitely a weird variation of Suzie.

Of course, it did leave the Suzie name free for Secret (she needed a name, so Cissie let her use a different version of her own), whose true identity of Greta Hayes wasn't known for most of the run because she had amnesia.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I might be wrong, but I believe Cissie left YJ on good terms and of her own free will, there's no reason for her to be so bitter.
    This book feels like some weird meta commentary about the YJ era transitioning into the TT era without the benefit of being good meta commentary or getting what they're actually talking about right.

Yeah, Cissie basically quit because she almost crossed the line and almost killed somebody and she was afraid of crossing it and also because she wanted to be her own person and not her "mother's project". And she left the team on good terms. Heck during the TT run when Cassie was about to be expelled from school because her identity as Wonder Girl was discovered, she stood up for her. I felt that Cissie was the most OoC of the cast in this tie-in issue of Dark Crisis.

Astonishing Member

This book feels like some weird meta commentary about the YJ era transitioning into the TT era without the benefit of being good meta commentary or getting what they're actually talking about right.
    Less meta and more like the writer trying to justify DC's mishandling of YJ's transition to Teen Titans. Book: YJ was silly and cartoonish, joining the TT benefitted them and the characters/fans who want simpler times are immature. Reality: YJ at its most silly and cartoonish was better for the characters than what they became in TT and afterwards.

Less meta and more like the writer trying to justify DC's mishandling of YJ's transition to Teen Titans. Book: YJ was silly and cartoonish, joining the TT benefitted them and the characters/fans who want simpler times are immature. Reality: YJ at its most silly and cartoonish was better for the characters than what they became in TT and afterwards.
    Or more like "writer really doesn't seem to understand what they're writing about."

Astonishing Member

Or more like "writer really doesn't seem to understand what they're writing about."
    Nah, point of order! The writer is doing a "going back to a nostalgic simpler time might seem superficially appealing, with everyone in the old costumes and a Justice League with a Watchtower all posing in a line with cool additions like Zauriel - but growing up is good, and your teenage years/the 90s were full of a lot of things that maybe you wouldn't like to actually go back to" thing - which is a pretty good use of the Dark Crisis/nostalgia!trap brief. Feels more relevant than the shallow-but-enjoyable Flash tie-in Silver Age evocations and it's Death Metal hangover "Flash As Mad Max" thing.

Literal fidelity to the continuity of the Young Justice series as printed in the 90s and three reboots ago is secondary to that. It's quite refreshing, I think, to have what I think of as relatively "modern" comics subject to the same nose-tweaking that eras like the Silver Age get.