Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Firestorm, but did Arrow's Felicity had any similarities with Firestorm's Felicity, except her name? If not, then she might as well be an OC.
    No she did not.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    It isn't that bad, besides the cast is quite charming.
    I hate seeing a good cast trapped with bad writing. Very solid portrayals could've defined these characters in live-action if the overall quality wasn't tiring.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I hate seeing a good cast trapped with bad writing. Very solid portrayals could've defined these characters in live-action if the overall quality wasn't tiring.
    I agree, the actors had the potential. Brenton Thwaites is about as a live-action Dick Grayson look-a-like as one could ask for. And the guy that played Jason, while different from comics, brought an energy to the character that stole the scene. But, they, and everyone else, suffered from miserable writing. The only times the writing did a good job, was when a character would be introduced.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, the last season was kind of hard to get through, IMHO.

Peace
    Dragging out story arcs for five episodes like it's a comic book trade didn't help in some cases.
    "Cable was right!"

What do we think about DC putting the Titans in Blüdhaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I have to see it play out, cause the city they are in kinda don't really matter at this point.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Not the biggest fan, but I can see why they did it. DC wants eyes on the team before committing to a book, and Taylor writing them for a couple issues is probably the easiest way considering Nightwing is one of their best selling books and he seems to write several panels/pages with the intent of going viral on twitter.

Incredible Member

It comes with the danger of making Nightwing feel reduntant in his home turf, but if it at least makes the city itself feel more interesting than it is now it's something the Nightwing book could benefit from in the future.

Temporary.

I've only found NYC to be an interesting base for them. Writers always seem to make better use of the city than SF.

I wouldn't mind them biting from the show and giving us Jump City just for something new and something a good writer can get creative with. Even with the neo-Toyko vibe from the show, it's a blank slate.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Going by the solicits, looks like it's the big status quo change promised for Nightwing #100. I am guessing it will be connected to Taylor's idea of Dick using his new wealth to help Bludhaven. A new Titans Tower standing as a symbol of the "new Bludhaven".

Now, as Drako said, it's true it doesn't really matter which city the Titans are in most of the time. The team has been located in New York, San Francisco, the Hall Of Justice, Jump City in the cartoon...and it never really had any impact in the story.

So what does it change? Well, for starters it probably changes things more for Nightwing. It would require the Nightwing and Titans book to be more connected, something they have literally never been. It gives Bludhaven an identity beyond "Gotham but worse!" (which frankly seems hard to believe, especially nowadays that Gotham gets taken over every two weeks). I know some writers like Tynion outright consider Bludhaven to just be a suburb in Gotham, which I'm guessing is not the case anymore because there is no way in hell the Batman editorial would allow actual superpowered heroes operating anywhere near Gotham.

It also puts the solo Nightwing book in a somewhat uncomfortable position, because anytime he is fighting a bad guy people will probably just ask why don't Starfire or Raven stop them, which is weirdly enough a problem only DC seems to have, because nobody seems to read Spider-Man or Daredevil and wonder "why don't the F4 or the Avengers just stop Kingpin or Green Goblin?". I guess they can always just ignore it or find a workaround.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 11-24-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Having the Titans be in Bludhaven seems a bit much, at least from a Nightwing perspective, and I don't think they need to be in Dicks' city, but I guess it will all come down to execution.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    It also puts the solo Nightwing book in a somewhat uncomfortable position, because anytime he is fighting a bad guy people will probably just ask why don't Starfire or Raven stop them, which is weirdly enough a problem only DC seems to have, because nobody seems to read Spider-Man or Daredevil and wonder "why don't the F4 or the Avengers just stop Kingpin or Green Goblin?". I guess they can always just ignore it or find a workaround.
    I jsut remembered an issue of Ultimate Spider-Man (I think it was Ultimate?) where they play this exact joke: Peter is going to stop Rhino, but he gets delayed and by the time he arrives Iron Man (or the Thing?) has taken care of it.

Yeah, Marvel typically uses the idea "they were busy".... but not always. There's been stories with the X-Men and Avengers teaming up.. because it logically made sense for the Avengers to notice the enemy of the week IN THE SKY ABOVE NEW YORK!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is this part of a second Titans team second from the right? The first image like this had Dick, Kori and Vic in the same spot, this one has Stitch, Red Canary and Flatline.
    Maybe DC is creating a new team of young heroes? Team Titans would fit well if DC wants a more X Force oriented team. I can’t see Flatline giving up her criminal empire unless she want to become a force for good through chaotic good means. As for Red Canary, she’s said to be in college which is unusual for a teen titan since they are usually in high school age range. Some people are speculating that Damian, Alinta, Sideways, or Monkey Prince could be part of this team but idk maybe remove Damian and throw in Respawn. I’m personally hoping for a Titans, Young Justice, and Teen Titans/Team Titans book if possible.

There is nothing unusual about college age Teen Titans. Damian's first roster had a 20 year old Starfire. And the New Teen Titans were mostly 19-20.

Bolt would make sense as a Teen Titan as long as Kid Flash isn't there, as she was one of the higher profile Academy students. And Monkey Prince does need a place to go when his 12 issue solo book ends (and it ends soon - issue 11 is already solicited).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman