Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nah that cartoon got fans locked for that same setup
    Their not interested in the titans just the teen Titans animated series given back to them in some form

I thank god Nightwing wasn’t made a big part of that show or Dick might not be where he is now.
    It's Wolfman\Perez line-up, the cartoon didn't have Wally or Donna.
    Also, we had a lot of books with the Titans with different line-ups over the years after the cartoon ended.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Honestly for Titan, I kinda tired of seeing the same line-up over and over again. I am pretty sure X-Men go fine without Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde or Colossus in the team. Even Gerry's X-Men run could sustain strong decent sales with different various of mutants. (Synch, Firestar, Sunfire or Forge).
    This sort of logic is why I liked JL: Unlimited, and the expanded Titans roster in that late run of the original show. Sure deep-dive examinations of specific characters is nice.. but... when it means you only see the same 5 EVER?!?! no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Monkey Prince? Yes. Though he needs to have a LONG talk with his parents about working for villains.
    Yeah, they've surely gotta be going to jail in the finale, right? Which would leave Monkey Prince emancipated and in need of a new home.
    Honestly for Titan, I kinda tired of seeing the same line-up over and over again. I am pretty sure X-Men go fine without Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde or Colossus in the team. Even Gerry's X-Men run could sustain strong decent sales with different various of mutants. (Synch, Firestar, Sunfire or Forge).
    Yeah, X-Men doesn't rely on the Claremont roster. Those characters are all split across different books right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cartoon Network is airing the 2003 cartoon next week (Sunday December 4). Yeah, not Go, the earlier cartoon!
    https://www.cbr.com/original-teen-ti...rtoon-network/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Why is Koriand'r entire 4 season arc about prophesies?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why is Koriand'r entire 4 season arc about prophesies?
    Writers trying to throw stuff against the wall and hoping to see what sticks? Wouldn't prophecies be better suited for a Raven arc?

The Teen Titans normally have a book around the same time to even things out.

I'm not opposed to new faces. I don't know if that amounts to a rotation, a series of connected books that shift out characters, similar to the recent shift in X-Men books, or an entirely new book.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

X-Men is the biggest franchise in comicbooks other than maybe Batman. They have more leverage to change the line-up without sales collapsing.

We actually haven’t seen this line up in a while. Not counting Blood Pact.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    X-Men is the biggest franchise in comicbooks other than maybe Batman. They have more leverage to change the line-up without sales collapsing.
    What X-Men books usually do is cherry pick some of their most popular members, and then put some of the less popular ones alongside them, so that the 'name' draws the regulars, and the niche fans show up for the lesser lights.

That would make for an interesting notion for a set of Titans books. One team has Donna and Wally, another has Dick and Kory, and a third has Gar, Victor and Raven, with the rest of the slots occupied by lower tier Titans like Bunker and Bumblebee, Arsenal and Argent, Kole and Son of Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We actually haven’t seen this line up in a while. Not counting Blood Pact.
    Teen Titans Academy did have the Wolfman/Perez line-up as teachers (minus Wally), but TTA was mainly focused on the students.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What X-Men books usually do is cherry pick some of their most popular members, and then put some of the less popular ones alongside them, so that the 'name' draws the regulars, and the niche fans show up for the lesser lights.

That would make for an interesting notion for a set of Titans books. One team has Donna and Wally, another has Dick and Kory, and a third has Gar, Victor and Raven, with the rest of the slots occupied by lower tier Titans like Bunker and Bumblebee, Arsenal and Argent, Kole and Son of Vulcan.
    My brain immediately jumps to that one titans book with a group shot with like three dozen or so titans? haahahaha good stuff.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

On the Titans TV show, I just caught up with the latest season and the drop in quality from the previous ones is noticeable. I actually really enjoyed the show so far, it had a slow start but the past 2 seasons had some good and sometimes great episodes.

But now it's basically on the level of a CW show with just some added swearing. I'm watching it because I adore the characters and I think all the actors are doing the best they can with the material they're given... but aside from the poor SFX (and lack thereof) the writing is just... juvenile? Something I would expect to see on the Flash or Supergirl, not exactly terrible but not particularly enjoyable either.

At this stage I think I'm ready for the show to end and for the franchise to be reborn from its ashes in James Gunn' new DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    On the Titans TV show, I just caught up with the latest season and the drop in quality from the previous ones is noticeable. I actually really enjoyed the show so far, it had a slow start but the past 2 seasons had some good and sometimes great episodes.

But now it's basically on the level of a CW show with just some added swearing. I'm watching it because I adore the characters and I think all the actors are doing the best they can with the material they're given... but aside from the poor SFX (and lack thereof) the writing is just... juvenile? Something I would expect to see on the Flash or Supergirl, not exactly terrible but not particularly enjoyable either.

At this stage I think I'm ready for the show to end and for the franchise to be reborn from its ashes in James Gunn' new DCU.
    Well, the final episode of season 4 is called "Titans Forever" so it might be the final episode. I was never a fan of that show so I'm not sad to see it go.

James Gunn has explicitly mentioned Marv Wolfman as one of his favourite DC creators in Twitter a few times, so hopefully we get the Titans in the DCU sooner rather than later.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Sadly i think after this ends we are done with these characters for at least a good decade.

The flashes to this DickKory baby....just so forced and its like the writers only way of trying to say "these 2 have to be together but we aren't going to properly develop them"