Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When did raven switch over to purple hair?
    Rebirth.

Truth be told, the grey skin carrying over to the comics since TTA annoys me more.

TTA also brought over that spell she uses. The male Raven in Teen Justice uses it too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but there's no way you can peg the quality or reception to the title as being the sole responsibility of one character. Like, why blame Tim instead of DC editorial or Lobdell?

It's like how it's not Dick's fault the Rebirth Titans run failed.
    It’s was Dick’s fault, as Rebirth Titans couldn’t go on with out him. But who’s fault it is isn’t the point, the point is they have been trying to sell the Teen Titans with Tim and his for decades now and the only thing that was accomplished with them is to kill the brand. But please now give us Titans books with Tim as the focus, it works out well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TTA also brought over that spell she uses. The male Raven in Teen Justice uses it too.
    I don’t mind her power set being expanded, into magic but her forever having to lock the goth girl look the bob haircut all of thease things together feel like what has locked her into being a teen forever with Garfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s was Dick’s fault, as Rebirth Titans couldn’t go on with out him. But who’s fault it is isn’t the point, the point is they have been trying to sell the Teen Titans with Tim and his for decades now and the only thing that was accomplished with them is to kill the brand. But please now give us Titans books with Tim as the focus, it works out well.
    They were trying to sell a Titans team with the YJ4 that had terrible execution, writing, and honestly character designs. I don't think the characters themselves were ever the problem.

And Tim being the POV character for a synergy book...just doesn't seem like a big issue to me? Any more than when they had Jason in the last one.

I don’t mind her power set being expanded, into magic but her forever having to lock the goth girl look the bob haircut all of these things together feel like what has locked her into being a teen forever with Garfield.
    She and Garfield are older now (that's why they finally switched Gar's codename back to Changeling). But I don't think the bob cut makes her look like a teenager. If anything, long hair would - short haircuts aren't trendy for teenage girls.

And heck, in this week's Flash, when Jai West insults Roy's baseball cap, Rachel says "from the mouths of babes". That's not something a kid would say, that's definitely an adult line.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

She and Garfield are older now (that's why they finally switched Gar's codename back to Changeling). But I don't think the bob cut makes her look like a teenager. If anything, long hair would - short haircuts aren't trendy for teenage girls.

And heck, in this week's Flash, when Jai West insults Roy's baseball cap, Rachel says "from the mouths of babes". That's not something a kid would say, that's definitely an adult line.
    It’s funny to me how he is never referred to as changling, it’s a codename no one wants to use .

Doesn’t every dc lead female protagonist have long hair? Seems prettty trendy for adults, making her short punk look the still be a nod to a (rebel goth teen)

No. Supergirl got a new costume with pants instead of a skirt recently - and she bobbed her hair at the same time. Mary Marvel also recently bobbed her hair. It's a visual signifier that they've both grown up (Kara was aged up from 16 to 21 owing to old continuity coming back, and Mary is 18 and wanted to reinvent herself for college).

No. Supergirl got a new costume with pants instead of a skirt recently - and she bobbed her hair at the same time. Mary Marvel also recently bobbed her hair. It's a visual signifier that they've both grown up (Kara was aged up from 16 to 21 owing to old continuity coming back, and Mary is 18 and wanted to reinvent herself for college).
    Of course "Grown Up" doesn't automatically equal "Better Design."

Gar is Changeling again? Maybe it went over my head I just don't recall that.

And, in all fairness being a teen in comics doesn't mean you get written like one.

Raven being aged-down was always a bit egregious because she was old enough to be in college when NTT started. I don't even think Gar and her became a thing until the cartoon.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Yeah, happened half way through Teen Titans Academy. The Yearbook mentioned he was considering it, then it suddenly switched in the monthly comic.

Batman Fortress #5 preview. Red Arrow on the cover, and the preview pages seem to be all about Jackson Hyde!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/dc...an-fortress-5/

I actually always prefered Changeling (which I've always thought more sophisticated) to Beast Boy (which I always thought more generic).

Peace

Beast Boy's catchier and more indicative .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm curious, was Donna Troy in development to appear in the 2003 cartoon but didn't because of the Wonder Woman rights issues?

I don’t mind her power set being expanded, into magic but her forever having to lock the goth girl look the bob haircut all of thease things together feel like what has locked her into being a teen forever with Garfield.
    Original Raven, imo, was not only much cooler visually ( as was her soul self and her moving between dimensions) than what we have now. I hate the influence the show has had on the characters....