Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope he is in Aquamen.
    But if i had to choose between limbo and Titans Academy, i rather him being in limbo.

I don't want him in that book if his purpose there is to be the butt of the joke.
    I gotta second that. Besides, the academy is already bloated enough with veteran Titans who don't do a lot and kinda suck at their jobs as teachers/guardians. We don't need to add one more into the mix.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I gotta second that. Besides, the academy is already bloated enough with veteran Titans who don't do a lot and kinda suck at their jobs as teachers/guardians. We don't need to add one more into the mix.
    Or we could get an active Titans roster, and then different Titans could lead the school.
    I kind of hope that with a competent writer the academy won't be so bad. That the Titans could really help train and guide the young heroes that would actually see them as competent mentors and not as aging sidekicks,

Extraordinary Member

I know everyone wants an active titans treat, but I see that with a teen team first.

Why have bunker lead the teen titans but never show it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I know everyone wants an active titans treat, but I see that with a teen team first.

Why have bunker lead the teen titans but never show it?
    Right now Damian's book more or less has a teen titans vibe. A book lead by Robin who collects allies that have connections to different corners of the DCU and is about to fight Deathstroke with the help of one of Deathstroke's kids. He has Connor, Ravager and Flatline. That's a better lineup than most of the recent Teen titans rosters we've seen. I don't think Bunker or roundhouse could compete with that.

Astonishing Member

Is she? No.

Do I wish she was? Yes.

Much like Garth and Karen, she was kinda doomed to get stuck in limbo again the minute Abnett's Titans ended. You'd think with the Titans opening a school, they'd want someone who's actually a counselor by trade on their staff instead of giving that job to Raven. But I guess Lilith just wasn't marketable enough. Not that it matters since even the marketables barely do **** in this book.
    Lilith is underrated. She could be the Doc Sampson of DC universe, a licensed shrink who helps characters with their mental issues, but DC insists on keeping her in limbo. A lot of BS that happened in recent years could've been avoided or at least mitigated if the heroes had someone to help them mentally.

Astonishing Member

Yeeeeeah Garth was technically pulled out of limbo (though I doubt he's staying at the Academy) but he doesn't really feel like...himself.
    None of the Titans feel like themselves in Titans Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Lilith is underrated. She could be the Doc Sampson of DC universe, a licensed shrink who helps characters with their mental issues, but DC insists on keeping her in limbo. A lot of BS that happened in recent years could've been avoided or at least mitigated if the heroes had someone to help them mentally.
    She would've been better than Sanctuary.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    None of the Titans feel like themselves in Titans Academy.
    I disagree. I think that Sheridan has a pretty nice voice for all of the girls, but that's it.

Otherwise it's very much just him writing the dudes like they were in Wolfman's run, and then Garth is a has been.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I disagree. I think that Sheridan has a pretty nice voice for all of the girls, but that's it.

Otherwise it's very much just him writing the dudes like they were in Wolfman's run, and then Garth is a has been.
    The Titans were written as incredibly incompetent during most of the run, and Nightwing in particular didn't act like himself most of the time.
    The Titans were portrayed really bad in this series. Old, irrelevant and most of the time unable to do the anything.

Considering the comments on here I'm kinda glad I noped out of Titans Academy. I always wanted DC to do that type of story with the Titans but I didn't really care for it when it when I read it, like any of it. The Red X stuff didn't help either (which was also something I wanted in the comics.)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Poor Garth
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Poor Garth
    Nah Garth is fine and still the most powerful mage in Atlantis
    He been more consistent in Aquaman stories since the new 52 then Donna has been with Wonder Woman

He is not forgotten, Yet lol

C19FA4C1-53C4-4170-8FB6-9D0326F9ADE8.jpg

Extraordinary Member

yea, considering he's among the character designs that were released for the Aquamen book he should have a role there - how big it'll be we'll see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    yea, considering he's among the character designs that were released for the Aquamen book he should have a role there - how big it'll be we'll see.
    If titans disappear then at least he has a home

Astonishing Member

When Raven is suggesting killing a student who was in the same position as her(getting possessed/fated to destroy the world by a demonic father figure) and the other Titans actually consider it an option, the writer doesn't know the characters.