Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    With CW announce that there would be a Justice U series which is quite similar to Teen Titans Academy. They should just borrow that premise and have the JSA be the mentors, I think the Titans are still young to be mentors to a whole new generation of heroes and they are still in their prime.

Perfect premise, get use of the old guard while bringing in the new kids, everyone will be happy then
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kind of hard to talk about them when they don't appear regularly.
    Yeah, he does not appear since before the New 52 was even a thing, and no one cared.
    Probably cause he is not a character that sparks conversation.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

There seem to be tons of Titans rosters and characters that most of us don't really know, and they don't seem to help the Titans brand.
    It kind of makes it look like more or less anybody can be a Titan, and the exclusivity of the brand and its prestige is also suffering. Especially when these characters indeed die completely needless deaths.

I think that it's kind of a problem with the Titans/ TT that we get a new team in each run. So many unknown heroes being Titans really isn't helping their brand.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, he does not appear since before the New 52 was even a thing, and no one cared.
    Probably cause he is not a character that sparks conversation.
    I do care. I often talked about Jurgen's Teen Titans on this forum and I found other users loving them. That doesn't make them people's faves of course.
    Argent, Prysm, Joto and Risk have been a risky attempt from DC at that time of creating a Teen Titans team leaving out the habitual Raven, Beast boy and Starfire. And it worked for a while, I suggest to read that run if you haven't.
    They are not characters no one care for.
    Anyway my point is another. Did you liked the way Taylor killed Dick or Kyle in Injustice? I didn't. In that case Dick was the minor character and he suffered the same treatment although Injustice is a special case.
    This is the main continuity and to use a little bit of respect for characters that some people could love it wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I do care. I often talked about Jurgen's Teen Titans on this forum and I found other users loving them. That doesn't make them people's faves of course.
    Argent, Prysm, Joto and Risk have been a risky attempt from DC at that time of creating a Teen Titans team leaving out the habitual Raven, Beast boy and Starfire. And it worked for a while, I suggest to read that run if you haven't.
    They are not characters no one care for.
    Anyway my point is another. Did you liked the way Taylor killed Dick or Kyle in Injustice? I didn't. In that case Dick was the minor character and he suffered the same treatment although Injustice is a special case.
    This is the main continuity and to use a little bit of respect for characters that some people could love it wouldn't hurt.
    I said no one care as in a figure of speech. I would bet that most readers don't even know him. I don't fault you for not liking the way he died and you're right, he could had at least shown some fight before his death. But he is the closest to a nobody you can possible find with connections to the Titans that most people won't care if he died.

About Injustice, since i already carry a connection to Nightwing from the mainline, even tho he is a minor character to that story, he is not in geral, so it's not the same comparison to Risk dying. But yeah, i didn't like his death, even tho i already knew he was going to die.

I didn't read up to the moment Kyle died cause i didn't like the book.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I said no one care as in a figure of speech. I would bet that most readers don't even know him. I don't fault you for not liking the way he died and you're right, he could had at least shown some fight before his death. But he is the closest to a nobody you can possible find with connections to the Titans that most people won't care if he died.

About Injustice, since i already carry a connection to Nightwing from the mainline, even tho he is a minor character to that story, he is not in geral, so it's not the same comparison to Risk dying. But yeah, i didn't like his death, even tho i already knew he was going to die.

I didn't read up to the moment Kyle died cause i didn't like the book.
    I know that most people today don’t even know who Risk is. But this doesn’t mean he deserve to die this way.
    Respect is the only thing I’m asking. Cause I’ve passed a few happy hours reading his adventures back in the day and is not lovely watch him treated as trash another time.
    My great fear with Taylor in charge of Nightwing was exactly this one.
    Until now he’s been perfect! I’m really loving his Nightwing run, maybe a little too fan service actually.
    This episode has been a cold shower to me.

Incredible Member

Well, at least we got a conformation that TTA is ending in may.
    https://twitter.com/iamtimsheridan/s...2RfmWC42A&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I know that most people today don’t even know who Risk is. But this doesn’t mean he deserve to die this way.
    Respect is the only thing I’m asking. Cause I’ve passed a few happy hours reading his adventures back in the day and is not lovely watch him treated as trash another time.
    My great fear with Taylor in charge of Nightwing was exactly this one.
    Until now he’s been perfect! I’m really loving his Nightwing run, maybe a little too fan service actually.
    This episode has been a cold shower to me.
    Well, that's fair.
    I can't say anything against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Finally. Hopefully we can have a new book.

Well, that's fair.
    I can't say anything against that.
    Thank you for understanding.
    That was the meaning of my initial post.

About time. I hope we end up getting a Titans book or multiple with a writer who doesn't see the older Titans as obsolete and may Red X disappear to comic limbo forever.

A part of me wonders if DC'll use canceling both JL and Titans to showcase entirely new teams while Dark Crisis is happening.

Doubt it. I would expect a new Teen Titans book in June (involving Bunker and Kid Flash? And reunite Miguel with Tim Drake - their dynamic might be different now with Tim's pre-Flashpoint history restored and him being revealed as bisexual, that's worth exploring)... they should do a Titans book too (starring Dick, Donna, Kori, etc) like in Rebirth. If the Academy still exists, just make it background and not the focus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Goodbye and good riddance to a book with good ideas but terrible executions.

Extraordinary Member

I really want Raven to join JLD I think she would blossom their.

Beastboy and cyborg are screwed

WW comics has been more willing to acknowledge to Wonder family, I think Donna will be okay

Starfire………….. if she doesn’t join the league I dunno, she needs a writer who wants her not her + dick

Roy is alive, he is easily can jump into batmedia until the arrow family reunites

Garth will be in the upcoming Aquamen

And Of course Flash and Nightwing are both stable in their solos

I know we didn’t like this book but limbo is no fun,

Astonishing Member

About time.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I could see them possibly giving the adult Titans a series with the death of the Justice League shenanigans going on.