Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I could see them possibly giving the adult Titans a series with the death of the Justice League shenanigans going on.
    If all eyes are on the JL a teen team would be the better option

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I actually didn't mind Jurgen's Titans run!
    And while I realise that some character is SOMEONE'S favourite, I'm not too upset with Risk going the way of the dodo.
    He hadn't made an appearance since Infinite Crisis and nobody seemed to want to use him.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Infinite Crisis? That's surprising considering how many characters came back just to be killed off in Heroes in Crisis.

EDIT: He wasn't in HIC, but had actually already been brought back, during Death Metal.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Nigh...iverse_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-18-2022 at 05:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Again though, how should Risk have gone out? Saving the world from Darkseid or fighting off the Legion of Doom. Just because you like the guy doesn’t make his character demanding of a level respect that quite frankly there’s no basis for. He went out true to his status.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-18-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    And while I realise that some character is SOMEONE'S favourite, I'm not too upset with Risk going the way of the dodo.
    He hadn't made an appearance since Infinite Crisis and nobody seemed to want to use him.
    That titans run started out great. The JL ruined it and that where I lost respect for the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Infinite Crisis? That's surprising considering how many characters came back just to be killed off in Heroes in Crisis.

EDIT: He wasn't in HIC, but had actually already been brought back, during Death Metal.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Nigh...iverse_Vol_1_1
    He appeared in that splash page with every genereation of Titans, but didn't speak or anything like that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I actually really liked Jurgens Titans. I thought it was a clever move to push them away from the Titans of the myth, the, sort of, inspiration of the previous teams, and tie them to the celestial body Titan. The use of the Atom, as the seasoned veteran, as well as giving him the ability to grow (Ray finally really WAS the Hank Pym of DC ), was, IMHO, great, though it bugged me a bit his psycological regression. I think it would make a better story to have the mind of a repressed 40 year old in a 17 year old body. Sort of a Captain Marvel (Shazam) with an opposite sign. I always got the vibe that Jurgens wanted Risk (and Prysm, also) to be the break out character of the series (which made perfect sense, seeing as Jurgens was famous for working with Superman, and Risk had some Superman kind of powers), however, Argent and Joto (later Hotspot) were the ones that seemed to better fall in the good graces of the fandom. Risk brash "Superboy to the extreme" attitude seemed to irk some fans (not me. I liked him fine). That said, I do think he, and most of the charaters of that team, deserved MUCH better thn they got.

Peace

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually really liked Jurgens Titans. I thought it was a clever move to push them away from the Titans of the myth, the, sort of, inspiration of the previous teams, and tie them to the celestial body Titan. The use of the Atom, as the seasoned veteran, as well as giving him the ability to grow (Ray finally really WAS the Hank Pym of DC ), was, IMHO, great, though it bugged me a bit his psycological regression. I think it would make a better story to have the mind of a repressed 40 year old in a 17 year old body. Sort of a Captain Marvel (Shazam) with an opposite sign. I always got the vibe that Jurgens wanted Risk (and Prysm, also) to be the break out character of the series (which made perfect sense, seeing as Jurgens was famous for working with Superman, and Risk had some Superman kind of powers), however, Argent and Joto (later Hotspot) were the ones that seemed to better fall in the good graces of the fandom. Risk brash "Superboy to the extreme" attitude seemed to irk some fans (not me. I liked him fine). That said, I do think he, and most of the charaters of that team, deserved MUCH better thn they got.

Peace
    I agree with you.
    Argent is my favorite but i loved everyone in that book.
    The Atom was really fun, "I'm Justice League!".

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Maybe this is the first time I can't agree with you
    I can't understand why a character not used for a long time is worthy to be slaughtered, that's not a fair equation.
    Going to rage against Jurgen's Titans has become a stupid trend started wih Johns thirst of blood and kept alive by King before and Taylor now.
    I insist that every heroes need more respect cause behind him will always be some people who cared for. You can kill him, just give him some lttle respect.

Taylor started this trend of killing minor heroes in a disrespectful way in Injustice. See Dick Grayson and Kyle Rayner (minor characters for that kind of book). And, if this way of doing could be acceptable for a special world as Injustice, it doesn't for main continuity.
    I don't like watching heroes treated disrespectful, even the last of the z-lister heroes. And for what? Only to create shock value. This is a cheap way of writing. I've hated Identity Crisis and Heroes in Crisis for the same reason.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 02-18-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Can't wait to see what is next for the Titans.
    Hopefully something good this time.

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #15
    Written by TIM SHERIDAN
    Art by TOM DERENICK
    Cover by TOM DERENICK and MATT HERMS
    Variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/24/22
    FINAL ISSUE! In the shadow of the new Titans Tower, the students and faculty decide whether the school is the right place for them.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Can’t say I was a fan of the series, but I’m kind of glad it existed just so we can maybe put to bed the idea of them as teachers.

Those are some generic team costumes...

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

The Fantastic Titans.

Glad to know it's finally ending.

The quicker the academy year is forgotten the better. I grew up on the Titans and T:A was the first time I dropped a Titans book.
    As for Risk, I really don't care for him one way or the other, but I rolled my eyes so hard at his death. The art was beautiful but the way it was rendered, I didn't see why Risk just didn't push away. If the bad guy had him by the hair or something -- I would still shrug -- but believe the guy was keeping him there until he died.

Extraordinary Member

This run has done nothing for her

A1CAD908-7E97-43DE-A153-19D0A3757D8F.jpg

She has been inattentive and preachy

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Currently doing a read through of the Wolfman Baxter series, and wish we could get a set of creators with a real love for the franchise. This team was almost as popular as the X-Men, there’s so much out there that could be mined.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com