Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Is that still on? I thought Discovery had nixed it.

Peace
    They nixed Wonder Twins. Batgirl was safe due to already filming - it's in the can, I think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SDCC/Hot Topic 2022 Starfire Funko Pop

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They nixed Wonder Twins. Batgirl was safe due to already filming - it's in the can, I think.
    Ok.

Peace

Batman Fortress #5 cover from the September solicits. Hi, Emiko!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Titans United looks good.
    Too bad Cyborg couldn't be used. At least Superboy serves the same purpose.

Wally and Jericho both never really gelled for me, but I don't know about Robin being their replacement. At least he has brand recognition.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Batman Fortress #5 cover from the September solicits. Hi, Emiko!
    Random Emiko appearance is random.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Canon Fodder is worse than limbo, gives the impression the Titans are weak and incompetent.
    I agree on this sentence, imagine if DC has kept the Champions. Only Kamala, Miles, Riri, Sam and Amedeus were the only survival lefts.

RCO021_1570020488.jpg

Bear in mind how big that team was. 15 regulars, several reservists too, and a couple more were added when Eve Ewing took over only for the book's cancellation immediately after Outlawed was resolved causing anyone beyond the main five (which is Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv Vision - Amadeus was mostly absent despite being a team founder) to be reduced to cameos. Even if Marvel gives the Champions another run, you can bet the team will be trimmed down. And they'll have the same problem the Titans always have when they relaunch - characters sent to limbo.

Astonishing Member

Bear in mind how big that team was. 15 regulars, several reservists too, and a couple more were added when Eve Ewing took over only for the book's cancellation immediately after Outlawed was resolved causing anyone beyond the main five (which is Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Viv Vision - Amadeus was mostly absent despite being a team founder) to be reduced to cameos. Even if Marvel gives the Champions another run, you can bet the team will be trimmed down. And they'll have the same problem the Titans always have when they relaunch - characters sent to limbo.
    That particular roster was too big for its own good. I'm of the opinion that the max number of characters you can focus on in a team book without shafting most of the cast is ten and even then, ten might be too much. A smaller roster, say 5-8(core 5, 6 if you include Amadeus and 2-3 others) will benefit the Champions going forward.

The difference between Champion relaunches and Titans relaunches is this: Champions usually go out on a better note. The Titans go out sad, looking like clowns, losers and incmpetents.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know how large the old Titans have been but they have enough problem creating good stories for the most popular team, most of it because they consider them second string to JL, so they don't get to have earth shattering cosmic conflict

The teen team has a better chance, branding wise, but you still have to pick a core 5

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That’s a very white Titans team. I dislike how they ignore Cyborg altogether because he’s not in that terrible show.
    This should be set in regular continuity.
    A prime example of why raceswapping does absolutely nothing for diversity! Imagine if they had used actual Black, Asian or Latino characters on the show, that roster would be far more diverse
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    A prime example of why raceswapping does absolutely nothing for diversity! Imagine if they had used actual Black, Asian or Latino characters on the show, that roster would be far more diverse
    It doesn't matter if the writers race swap or add existing minority characters, there will always be a certain subset of 'fans' who trash anything that doesn't have an all white and straight cast.

And honestly, even if the Titans show used actual Black, Asian and Latino characters, its quality would still be poor.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I agree on this sentence, imagine if DC has kept the Champions. Only Kamala, Miles, Riri, Sam and Amedeus were the only survival lefts.

RCO021_1570020488.jpg
    Really don't like this art (Well, I don't like the whole concept of Marvel's new Champions. Such a waste of a great super-hero team name. IMHO, there were so many other better characters that could have recieved the push they did. However, that's Marvel nowadays, and completly beside the point. Still, the art doesn't sell it for me). At least the first issue had Ramos art, which at least makes me curious to check out, even if he's not a favorite.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That particular roster was too big for its own good. I'm of the opinion that the max number of characters you can focus on in a team book without shafting most of the cast is ten and even then, ten might be too much. A smaller roster, say 5-8(core 5, 6 if you include Amadeus and 2-3 others) will benefit the Champions going forward.

The difference between Champion relaunches and Titans relaunches is this: Champions usually go out on a better note. The Titans go out sad, looking like clowns, losers and incmpetents.
    Danny Lore's run scaled the cast back a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Really don't like this art (Well, I don't like the whole concept of Marvel's new Champions. Such a waste of a great super-hero team name. IMHO, there were so many other better characters that could have recieved the push they did. However, that's Marvel nowadays, and completly beside the point. Still, the art doesn't sell it for me). At least the first issue had Ramos art, which at least makes me curious to check out, even if he's not a favorite.

Peace
    I actually prefer this art to Ramos, but to each their own .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I actually prefer this art to Ramos, but to each their own .
    As they say, it's subjective.

Peace