Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Is there any real reason to be excited about that show at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it would have worked much better if they had followed more the concept of Gotham Academy, with just a hand full of main characters.

It were just way to many characters with way to many plots.
    Even My Hero Academia only really focuses on a handful of Class A usually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there any real reason to be excited about that show at this point?

Even My Hero Academia only really focuses on a handful of Class A usually.
    I have little optimism for the Titans show.

MHA only focuses on a handful of Class A, but the students who aren't in the limelight seem interesting in their own right. TTA's cast wasn't interesting and felt like a bunch of rehashed concepts.

I think the problem with TTA is that the Titans being teachers is just...not a very good concept to begin with. Most of the Titans (especially Beast Boy, who was a teenager only a few years ago) do not feel like they are prepared to take that role at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think the problem with TTA is that the Titans being teachers is just...not a very good concept to begin with. Most of the Titans (especially Beast Boy, who was a teenager only a few years ago) do not feel like they are prepared to take that role at all.
    And everyone became "Mr." and "Ms." .

Ya the trick with the Titans is having them appear experienced but still young. TTA made them seem ancient.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-14-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hypertime can wipe stuff out and replace what doesn't work for fans.

Astonishing Member

Agree, none of them are the 'teacher type' and too many teens/young adults died on their watch.

Most of them have taken up mentor roles at some point and were pretty decent at doing so. John's run, Dick with Tim and Damien, etc.

I just can't imagine it working in such a formal setting.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Agree, none of them are the 'teacher type' and too many teens/young adults died on their watch.
    I know everything that happens in comics boils down to writing but the two major instances I can think of (Cyborg's Titans East and Superboy's death) feel more like cheap shots for shock rather than situations that feel legitimately plausible and indicative of their teaching abilities.

Although, having them try to right those wrongs would've been a nice incentive for making the Academy work. Guilt and emotional investment in trying to actually make their influence as teachers not get someone killed would've been a nice touch.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I remember the whole premise of the school came about because of how messed up Damians' Titans ended up being.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I just can't imagine it working in such a formal setting.
    Yeah, it should be just the Titans taking in some new heroes and training them to be the next generation. Kinda like the initial idea from the season 2 of the TV series. And the students calling them "Mr. and Ms." was cringe from the get-go. Actually, most of that book was cringe asf.

The best thing about Teen Titans Academy is that is over.
    Last edited by Drako; 09-12-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya the trick with the Titans is having the appear experienced but still young. TTA made them seem ancient.
    have them fight more teen villains? Devastation would be a neat idea... since she's a titan. Heheheehe, so many "Titan" puns. You have the super-team the Teen Titans,,, and a person who's a teen who is a titan... a daughter of Cronus himself.

Hmmm could be interesting.. if Deva isn't in full-on murder everything mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    100% agree on too many (Teen) Titans. One part of why I was never into the Titans Academy. They don't need to be a replica of X-Men and DC doesnt need a thousand teen heroes running around.

Titans focusing on the OG/NTT crew as young/mid adulthood, TT focusing on some of Gen3, and YJ focusing on the young adults Gen2 who used to be TT and went back to their own thing...thats how it should be set up imo.

Finding your place in the world when you are in your 20s/early 30s is interesting to follow imo and comes with plenty of drama but most characters arent allowed to have actual lives outside of superheroing.
    I think the core concept of the Titans is young heroes learning to be heroes on their own and then navigating all the life and social challenges that come along with that. Once you start having characters be in their 20s, and even having kids of their own, they are a bit too old to really be Titans anymore I think. They are veteran heroes by then and should move on to other teams and leave the Titans franchise to the younger generations. It is one of the reasons why I didn't think the Titans Academy concept would work. Because having these older heroes as authority figures over the younger Titans ruins what the classic Titans teams were about. Which were young heroes being independent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the core concept of the Titans is young heroes learning to be heroes on their own and then navigating all the life and social challenges that come along with that. Once you start having characters be in their 20s, and even having kids of their own, they are a bit too old to really be Titans anymore I think. They are veteran heroes by then and should move on to other teams and leave the Titans franchise to the younger generations. It is one of the reasons why I didn't think the Titans Academy concept would work. Because having these older heroes as authority figures over the younger Titans ruins what the classic Titans teams were about. Which were young heroes being independent.
    Your right but people are unable to accept change and won’t take to a book unless it features the roster they remembered or character in direct line with them. Which is why many titans have been stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think they can still count as young adults.

I don't think Donna having a family makes her any less worthy of being a Titan.

See my thing is if we leave the Titans to the younger gen where do the OGs go?

Not opposed to them being branched out but you don't see Wonder Woman in Infinifty Inc or Hal Jordan with the Outsiders. They go to places where they work.

It's their team and the Titans and Teen Titans aren't supposed to be the same thing and have operated at the same time anyway. Not like one existing excludes the other.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom