Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    You know, a lot of "fancast" Titans line ups struggle with size - looking at them there, I wouldn't mind Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire as the constant "Trinity" of a title with a larger semi-regular cast.
    Not opposed to a rotating group of Titans with some of the staples apart of each roster. Not sure how that gets done naturally, unless its arc based.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Any Titans trinity needs to include Donna. Whether it be Dick, Donna & Kory or Cyborg or whomever....Donna has always been the heart of the team. Her character needs to be brought back to that core aspect. I was disappointed that she was left off the cover.
    While Raven and Starfire both had major arcs in the all-new era, dealing with Trigon and Blackfire*, I still kind of feel like Dick, Donna and Wally rate slightly above them, if I were composing a 'trinity' for the Titans. (That said, I find the concept of a trinity to be artificial and kind of pointless anyway, and consider members outside of the Justice League 'trinity' like Hal and Barry and Arthur as much a part of the core Justice League as Clark, Diana and Bruce.)

*Garfield and Victor, by comparison, really didn't get as much of a major arc. Some sort of return of the Doom Patrol / Madame Rouge for Garfield, and some sort of tie to the Apokaliptan stuff from the more recent versions of Cyborg's origin (or a different arc involving the extra-dimensional snot monster that crippled him and ate his mom) could perhaps have given them the same sort of arcs, and iconic personal villains, that Raven and Starfire got during the Wolfman/Perez years.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-15-2022 at 04:38 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's one of four in a set, we have Batman/Superman, Wonder Woman/Aquaman, Flash/Green Lantern, and Titans/Shazam.

Here's another variant for the same issue.
    I swear I haven't seen Firestorm since Trinity War.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear I haven't seen Firestorm since Trinity War.
    He's made random cameos and showed up in an anthology story or two.

Dan Mora's art colored by Spider-Knight

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Let Mora redesign Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dan Mora's art colored by Spider-Knight

I wonder if this is hinting at the Titans' line-up post-DCOIE. I wonder if it will just be the cartoon/NTT line-up.

Astonishing Member

Or maybe those 3 with 5G heroes and more legacy characters as the legacy leauge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    *Garfield and Victor, by comparison, really didn't get as much of a major arc. Some sort of return of the Doom Patrol / Madame Rouge for Garfield, and some sort of tie to the Apokaliptan stuff from the more recent versions of Cyborg's origin (or a different arc involving the extra-dimensional snot monster that crippled him and ate his mom) could perhaps have given them the same sort of arcs, and iconic personal villains, that Raven and Starfire got during the Wolfman/Perez years.
    I don't quite get what you mean by Garfield and Victor not having a major arc? I understand if you're talking about post flashpoint as they had the occasional mini series if they were lucky, but during the Perez/Wolfman era Garfield got quite a few storylines to himself, like the judas contract (modern DC plays up nightwings´ reveal, but the story is entirely focused on the Slade/Garfield/Terra triangle with the former borrowing doom patrol history with general zahl/the chief/madame rouge to try and get the titans killed), and you also have the brotherhood of evil as a classic recurring villain that would also please the fans of the cartoon.

I would agree that Victor is a bit harder to pin down, not because he doesn't have good stories (my personal favourite was the JLA/titans technis imperative), but because they revolve around him struggling with himself and with finding his place in the world so there's no real estabilished, recurring antagonist. The cartoon tried using brother blood blood but i didn't feel like it was particularly memorable, so if I were a writer I would propably pit him against the HIVE, because that organisation was woefully underdeveloped and thematically that would make sense (individual struggling with humanity vs organization instrumentalizing people).

As for adults titans comics, If I were editor I would keep the titans together/united/bloodpact tie in digital comics (by far the best thing the titans got in the past few years), and publish a teen titans:spotlight style comic with adult titans, in which there's a self contained story starring a different titan doing their thing every issue, with some other titans showing up in supporting roles when necessary. This avoids the issues of character bloat and ridiculous power scaling that would happen in a team book featuring experienced titans, and makes it easy to break in new writers while keeping the same artist to discover if there's new talent that can pick them up in the long term.

If there is enough space amidst the bat books I would also consider adding a teen titans books featuring the youngest generation growing into their own or a remake of the fab five period before the ntt, but for either concept to work there needs to be a minimum of 13 issues worth of a coming of age story with proper build up and payoff. A Nightwing/Starfire/Cyborg team is small enough to be workable but kinda redundant, unless the idea is to continue the titans academy concept, featuring just those three as mentors and main characters.
    Last edited by lgcruz; 09-15-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    You know, a lot of "fancast" Titans line ups struggle with size - looking at them there, I wouldn't mind Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire as the constant "Trinity" of a title with a larger semi-regular cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Any Titans trinity needs to include Donna. Whether it be Dick, Donna & Kory or Cyborg or whomever....Donna has always been the heart of the team. Her character needs to be brought back to that core aspect. I was disappointed that she was left off the cover.
    I agree. It was the first thought that came to mind when I saw this cover. Where's Donna? After Dick, she is the character I most associate with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let Mora redesign Cyborg.
    Let someone redesign Cyborg. The current look is SOOOOO dull.

Peace

The Titans will be on world's finest in December. And judging by the November cover, they will be in the previous issue too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So Teen Titans Go! did a Snyder Cut parody I'm guessing. Kinda love the Starfire design.

FczvCxGX0AADqez.jpg
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Titans will be on world's finest in December. And judging by the November cover, they will be in the previous issue too.
    I'm looking forward to Dan Mora drawing more Titans .
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    So Teen Titans Go! did a Snyder Cut parody I'm guessing. Kinda love the Starfire design.

FczvCxGX0AADqez.jpg
    Kind of looks like their DCAMU designs minus Beast Boy who had his red suit.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's a shame we only got Eddie Barrows on the covers, but I wont complain about the art, that's rather nice.

Not only does Cyborg need a redesign (so he actually looks like a Cyborg and not just a robot with half a man's face) but Donna needs one as well. I know it's a take on her old WG costume, but it's actually quite dull.