Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    But there is an abyss between Simone and Fitzmartin.
    Well, no argument there...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He should be the same age as the actor then. He would've been four years old 20 years ago, and that's old enough to remember seeing the final performance of the Flying Graysons, as he did in the comics.
    Tim was mentioned being in school as well.........

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Tim was mentioned being in school as well.........
    Not the first time it happens in this show. The scenes hinting at Beast Boy/Raven were similarly problematic (although in that case it was the ages of the actors).

Extraordinary Member

Is titans member Damaged the DC equivalent to Wonder Man

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Are we getting a new Titans book(opinions of course),cause I can see a Titans and JSA book coming and have the 2 books be the team Supremes while.the JL is non existent.

And who would you all put on a Titans team thst could be "the team"?
    I would put the Fab Five+NTT characters. I think the Titans need more consistency with the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I would put the Fab Five+NTT characters. I think the Titans need more consistency with the cast.
    To the utmost, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree.

This picture needs garth/aqualad/tempest in it also to round out the team,and yeah merging the 2 teams together always makes sense.

I think DC/WB would like conner/Superboy to be a founding member too with how much he has been pushed outside the comics as one too
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

It’s funny that Devin Grayson’s late 90s Titans went in the opposite direction.
    Have ALL of the original 5 Titans play a couple of NTT members with Starfire and Cyborg, but no Raven and Changeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s funny that Devin Grayson’s late 90s Titans went in the opposite direction.
    Have ALL of the original 5 Titans play a couple of NTT members with Starfire and Cyborg, but no Raven and Changeling.
    She wanted to use Raven and Changeling but editorial blocked it. Raven because she was dead at the time and there was a "no-resurrections" policy. Dunno why she wasn't allowed to use Changeling though, I think DC was playing with the idea of him leading a Titans East team that didn't end up happening. Also, this was before the cartoon, so the franchise was more associated with sidekicks than the NTT OCs back then.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    She wanted to use Raven and Changeling but editorial blocked it. Raven because she was dead at the time and there was a "no-resurrections" policy.
    Woh really ?? Damn, the time have changed. You imagine if DC have kept this policy ?

Also, Raven can change this size ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Woh really ?? Damn, the time have changed. You imagine if DC have kept this policy ?

Also, Raven can change this size ?
    They changed it when the original Teen Titans cartoon came out.

I feel like they need to try and use Mal and Bumblebee more with the Titans. People usually just talk about the Original 5 together or the NTT era team, but with so many people hyper focusing on diversity in comics now it feels like a waste not to use Mal and Karen more. They are two of DC's first black heroes and maybe their longest running and highest profile black male and black female romance. The amount of black characters that actually date other established black characters in comics is incredibly rare because there aren't that many.

I get that there are a handful of heroes from the original Teen Titans run that don't really work anymore, like old Joker's Daughter, but Mal and Karen need to be more stable fixtures I think. The diversity quota can't always just fall on Cyborg's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like they need to try and use Mal and Bumblebee more with the Titans. People usually just talk about the Original 5 together or the NTT era team, but with so many people hyper focusing on diversity in comics now it feels like a waste not to use Mal and Karen more. They are two of DC's first black heroes and maybe their longest running and highest profile black male and black female romance. The amount of black characters that actually date other established black characters in comics is incredibly rare because there aren't that many.

I get that there are a handful of heroes from the original Teen Titans run that don't really work anymore, like old Joker's Daughter, but Mal and Karen need to be more stable fixtures I think. The diversity quota can't always just fall on Cyborg's shoulders.
    A big part of that would not be viewed as a quota. They were present in the recent Titans run and did nothing substantial, and nothing was really pushed with their characters. And, considering Karen shows up here and there in various cartoons, they have yet to even put a fraction of that into the comics.

I'm not sure if they work in Titans as long-standing members, but I do think they're perfect characters to pop in and out. A better ground for them would be their own book, but that's an even harder sale. Obviously, make them prominent characters in something Titans related, then allow them to flourish on their own. But, of course, DC doesn't see it for them, and the same goes for Vixen and even Black Lightning.

"Other History" is the most they've gotten in the past few years, and while I enjoyed the issue, it isn't enough to call out how they've been ignored and continue to ignore them.

And, like you said its RARE to see two Black characters together in comics. Their shared storyline in Young Justice was eh but it was refreshing to see them as a couple.

Although, I feel like they could only reasonably work in a Teen Titans book set in their earlier years. A married couple with a kid doesn't fit the set-up of the team on a consistent basis, but the attempts with Lian-Roy and Donna-? varied too much in handling for me to trust they'd be flesh out enough. Circling back to me thinking they'd need their own book, but the GP barely knows who Mal is even after all these years.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    A big part of that would not be viewed as a quota. They were present in the recent Titans run and did nothing substantial, and nothing was really pushed with their characters. And, considering Karen shows up here and there in various cartoons, they have yet to even put a fraction of that into the comics.

I'm not sure if they work in Titans as long-standing members, but I do think they're perfect characters to pop in and out. A better ground for them would be their own book, but that's an even harder sale. Obviously, make them prominent characters in something Titans related, then allow them to flourish on their own. But, of course, DC doesn't see it for them, and the same goes for Vixen and even Black Lightning.

"Other History" is the most they've gotten in the past few years, and while I enjoyed the issue, it isn't enough to call out how they've been ignored and continue to ignore them.

And, like you said its RARE to see two Black characters together in comics. Their shared storyline in Young Justice was eh but it was refreshing to see them as a couple.

Although, I feel like they could only reasonably work in a Teen Titans book set in their earlier years. A married couple with a kid doesn't fit the set-up of the team on a consistent basis, but the attempts with Lian-Roy and Donna-? varied too much in handling for me to trust they'd be flesh out enough. Circling back to me thinking they'd need their own book, but the GP barely knows who Mal is even after all these years.
    Things only feel like a quota when it feels somewhat forced I think, but Mal and Karen are original characters with the history to support them. They've been around for 50 years. I mean you can technically call Mal the first African American DC hero depending what you want to go by. With Karen I think she is the first African American female hero. There is significant weight to those accomplishments. Their problem is that they aren't legacy heroes like the original five, and they weren't that prominent in the main NTT cast, so they are kind of lost in this middle ground of a lot of Titans I guess.

In the recent Titans run with them it felt like their characters were kind of retired. I think Karen was pregnant and her and Mal had kind of moved on from the superhero game? It felt more like they were getting their characters set aside than actually being used.

Bubble Bee, sure. Mal, pass. Mals a bit of a lame duck, but Bubble Bee I could see appealing to kids.