Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I would even be happy with a webtoon/elseworld with that kind of setup. As well as seeing how their families are doing. My only thought would be; would Damian and non-aged up Jon be included in that generation or a little bit later? Simply curious. And no, I don't want to see a DamianxNightstar. That's a no-no.
    Most likely that Damian and Jon Kent would not be in this generation I imagined that most of The JL have children before the Titans, and the children of the Titans would be roughly the same age. Ooh, I don't want Damian and Nighstar together they are practically uncle and niece, If Damian was in this elseworld I pitched he would be her mentor instead of her love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gar and Rae have been aged back up - while Raven did have the death and resurrection excuse, there's no way Garfield should be younger than mid-20s (he's two years younger than Dick, Donna, Wally, and the rest of the original and New Teen Titans).
    Not all characters age at the same rate. While it's true Gar has been aged up somewhat, he is definitely still not written as being only two years younger than Wally.

Again, the last two Raven series (released as recently as 2019) had her in high school. I don't see how they can be the same age as Roy or Wally anymore.
    Last edited by Reddead; 12-11-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Raven was de-aged when she was resurrected in the 2003 Teen Titans series (she went to school in that too). Doctor Manhattan's shenanigans (New 52) will have de-aged her again, which explains her being in school in those stories, but that second de-aging was later reversed (by the time of Infinite Frontier, which is 2021). Remember, she was a teacher in Teen Titans Academy, so she definitely isn't still a teenager now. And so was Garfield.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-11-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Not all characters age at the same rate. While it's true Gar has been aged up somewhat, he is definitely still not written as being only two years younger than Wally.

Again, the last two Raven series (released as recently as 2019) had her in high school. I don't see how they can be the same age as Roy or Wally anymore.
    given Raven's nature... maybe she's looking younger than she really is and acting it out? the whole... slow aging due to being part demon thing, but delayed adult-hood or something?

Hmm... thinking about the Lord Chaos angle again...

Part of what we think we know about his history... is actually known only based on his own testimony of his memory of when he was a newborn infant. What if... what Robert was unable to understand his own past? You see.. when Robert meets his past self.... he sees.. a timeline that DOESN'T match the world he remembered. Baby Robert has powers, but isn't the world enslaving madman his future self is. He's just a baby. Robert himself doesn't understand the difference.

If I was to use that story in an elseworld book... I'd play up the idea that the Titans of Myth are not actually a single organization. They're a RACE of beings of great power, but the individuals have their own goals. Rhea and her companions are the group that empowered Donna Troy. Chronus and his children created Devastation. What if... Chronus or one of his children influenced Robert to become a mad tyrant? Like I said, Robert couldn't understand why his memory of his childhood was so different than what he saw when he met his past self. What if... baby Robert was Robert as he would have been if not for Chronus's influence? God-tier super-being or not, Robert didn't understand his own past. Maybe... part of what he thought was true was actually just Chronus's manipulation? Also, this story had actual DATES... Super-Tyrant Robert wasn't actually old enough to drink. He looked like an adult only because he used his powers to change his appearance. Hmm...... makes you wonder why.

I’m surprised about the Team Titans talk. I thought the team was almost universally disliked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m surprised about the Team Titans talk. I thought the team was almost universally disliked.
    Put it this way. If I had to choose between the Team Titans and the DEOrphans……I’ll choose Team Titans.

Raven was de-aged when she was resurrected in the 2003 Teen Titans series (she went to school in that too). Doctor Manhattan's shenanigans (New 52) will have de-aged her again, which explains her being in school in those stories, but that second de-aging was later reversed (by the time of Infinite Frontier, which is 2021). Remember, she was a teacher in Teen Titans Academy, so she definitely isn't still a teenager now. And so was Garfield.
    I wonder if Teen Titans Academy was originally a 5G series (take into account 5G was a 5-year time-skip which would explain a few things).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Put it this way. If I had to choose between the Team Titans and the DEOrphans……I’ll choose Team Titans.
    Neither of them are likely to come back anytime soon, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I wonder if Teen Titans Academy was originally a 5G series (take into account 5G was a 5-year time-skip which would explain a few things).
    Hmm well... that makes sense in two ways.... but then gets messed up by having a vastly different depiction simultaneously in a different book.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

I'm pretty sure it was. Most of the stories from the past year were re-worked 5G plotlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I was stoked for the book in ‘92 and still like it 30 years later.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Extraordinary Member

I have really enjoyed all the Raven focus from this even and it’s good to known there are plans for her beyond this as well
    7234EE57-90F3-4042-98A4-631D248B9B19.jpg. 1CCE9C12-5608-4F33-9EC3-2FA66FE3812F.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

A part of me wished that Titans Academy happen a lot later in their lives where all of the original and New Teen Titans are older, I like the concept but I felt that the Titans are still young and they have got more stories to tell rather than being teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I have really enjoyed all the Raven focus from this even and it’s good to known there are plans for her beyond this as well
    7234EE57-90F3-4042-98A4-631D248B9B19.jpg. 1CCE9C12-5608-4F33-9EC3-2FA66FE3812F.jpg
    Raven has a lot of potential to be one of DC's top stars. She already has the popularity from the OG Teen Titans animated show, Teen Titans Go and the DCAMU as well as Cyborg, Starfire and Beast Boy.
    Last edited by Incognito; 12-12-2022 at 07:56 AM.

What's Raven's current hair color again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's Raven's current hair color again...
    It has been consistently purple since Rebirth, hasn't it?

Yeah, it was originally black, but the Rebirth Teen Titans series changed it to purple to match the cartoon. Her hairstyle had changed a couple of times since then, but the colour hasn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman