Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The link is not working.

Last time we had the Titans East was that one-shot by Winnick where they killed everyone and kickstarted the classic Titans reunion, right?
    The most popular Titans are usually the West.
    They are in the LEGION OF THE BLOOM solicitations:

with a celebration of DC’s greenest and greatest. As the flowers bloom, breathe in that Swamp Thing smell. Watch the Blue Beetles fly out from Titans West. Pick a Captain Carrot or two from Floronic Man’s garden, but make sure to avoid the Poison Ivy. The season may go by in a Flash, but don’t worry—stories like these last forevesolicites

I've been waiting for the day when the Titans East or West is put to the Forefront .with the West Team i hope we would have

Bumblebee
    Omen
    Dolphin
    Mary Marvel
    Herald
    Tempest
    Burnout=formerly of Gen13
    Golden Eagle

Incredible Member

Lilith in Action Comics 1052:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Lilith in Action Comics 1052:

Looking good .

Glad she hasn't been forgotten about.

All-New Member
    Last edited by Untitled; 12-18-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll never forget that two-parter in the cartoon that introduced them as a team...
    Indeed. Truly memorable. Still prefer their appearance from Season 5, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-19-2022 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member

Can the Light as a concept/organization actually work in the comics?

The cartoon version has it's flaws, but even on a bad day the cartoon writers come off as more competent than DC's writers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I mean The Light in Young Justice is just a more organized version of most of the Injustice Leagues that pop up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean The Light in Young Justice is just a more organized version of most of the Injustice Leagues that pop up.
    Or Secret society of Supervillains, etc... yeah.

The name was the new part there. Well, also, the idea the group wasn't just "all the villains"... it was a LOT of villains, but it was an exclusive club who would throw other villains under the bus if it suited them.

The DCAU Secret Society was pretty much just all the villains. Not literally all but most and then there's that ep where Grodd and Luthor fight over who is team leader, and nearly half the Society gets killed in civil war. Afterwards they still had more members than the classic Legion of Doom in the old Superfriends!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Can the Light as a concept/organization actually work in the comics?

The cartoon version has it's flaws, but even on a bad day the cartoon writers come off as more competent than DC's writers.
    Other people pointed it out, but the comics already did the Light in the Secret Society in the lead up to Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or Secret society of Supervillains, etc... yeah.

The name was the new part there. Well, also, the idea the group wasn't just "all the villains"... it was a LOT of villains, but it was an exclusive club who would throw other villains under the bus if it suited them.

The DCAU Secret Society was pretty much just all the villains. Not literally all but most and then there's that ep where Grodd and Luthor fight over who is team leader, and nearly half the Society gets killed in civil war. Afterwards they still had more members than the classic Legion of Doom in the old Superfriends!
    The difference between the DCAU's Secret Society and the Light in YJ was that the Secret Society were allowed to fail. With the Light, it's always 'failure was part of the plan'. Weissman made the Xanatos Gambit trope popular with Gargoyles and it always crops up in series he works on, but YJ takes it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The difference between the DCAU's Secret Society and the Light in YJ was that the Secret Society were allowed to fail. With the Light, it's always 'failure was part of the plan'. Weissman made the Xanatos Gambit trope popular with Gargoyles and it always crops up in series he works on, but YJ takes it to another level.
    Well, yeah, but that's part of why the Light can't be the "actual" bad guys every episode. They(like David Xanatos) are the root cause of what's going on but mostly act through intermediaries and avoid confronting the heroes directly. In the case of the Light, this often means throwing other villains under the bus to hide in the shadows.

Xanatos wasn't actually a master planner, his was a weird time loop fulfillment where he was acting out a plan given to him by his future self. So he knew stuff that... was utterly impossible by conventional methods. Which was part of his smug superiority. He knew how his actions would end.

The Light though... are more about having backup plans and generally avoiding having the heroes know WHO is responsible. like that Lobo attacking the UN thing? Lobo didn't even know who'd paid him to do it.

Are you guys enjoying Titans United Bloodpact? It feels very uninspired to me. I'm already over this alternative universe plot.

And today's issue has one more thing borrowed from the TV show, with Garth and Donna being togheter.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Are you guys enjoying Titans United Bloodpact? It feels very uninspired to me. I'm already over this alternative universe plot.

And today's issue has one more thing borrowed from the TV show, with Garth and Donna being togheter.
    Titans United Bloodpact is one of the better takes we've had of the team in a while.

Pros:
    1. Fatal Five have actual personalities, something that the cartoons get right and most other comics don't.

Cons:
    1. I'm tired of 'evil Raven' plots.

I guess he's more of the kind of guy you take home to mom compared to Roy or Terry.