Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand why anybody is even slightly interested in Nightstar, unless they're just hardcore Dick/Kory 'shippers. She's nothing but a second-rate subsititute for Kori, and yet another unnecessary and unneeded Kingdom Come import where there are already too goddamn many already. Plus, her official background has Kori dying; who the hell wants that to happen.

I don't understand the obsession with her. Not even a little bit.
    I don't really care, but she doesn't need to be an exact copy of her Kingdom Come self. We have a Iris West II with no Barry West as her brother.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think its more for the potential she represents. Her being on a team with say, Lian, the West twins, probably other Titans' kids I'm forgetting, and having the Super Sons' generation being the veterans that teach them, while the parents look on and offer advice in other things.

...And no. No DamianxNightstar. That's off the table.
    I don't mind Nightstar, it would be interesting to see both Dick and Barbara's reaction. Maybe Kori kept her pregnancy with Dick a secret, and Mar'i for most of her life was living on Tamaran. I imagined a scene where both Dick and Barbara were chilling in Dick's apartment and Mar'i just showed up unannounced.

I would like to see a Titans Next Generation/Titans Beyond book with Damian and Jon as mentors since they were the mentees of Dick so it's sort of like passing the torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't really care, but she doesn't need to be an exact copy of her Kingdom Come self. We have a Iris West II with no Barry West as her brother.
    IIRC, Linda Park is pregnant with Wally's third child. She has been accessing her baby's powers.
    Last edited by Incognito; 12-30-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Hopefully they DON'T call the baby Barry. No need for another Bartholomew in the franchise.

Edit: I forgot the 'don't'.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-30-2022 at 04:35 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Honestly, I don't understand why anybody is even slightly interested in Nightstar, unless they're just hardcore Dick/Kory 'shippers. She's nothing but a second-rate subsititute for Kori, and yet another unnecessary and unneeded Kingdom Come import where there are already too goddamn many already. Plus, her official background has Kori dying; who the hell wants that to happen.

She has a cool design, she's one of the few Tamaraneans who have a story, and she doesn't look like a carbon copy of her dad the way it usually is for hero/hero children. She would also be a way to explore Kory's culture a lot more (which doesn't mean she is or should be necessary for DC to do that. They should do it anyway.)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Official White Raven promo pic

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I like that they used 'Titans' and not 'Teen Titans' in the article.

I really think it's time to let the name 'Teen Titans' rest, accept for the occasional special to maintain trademark.
    'Young Justice' easily fills the same spot and allows the 'Titans' to co-exist (and move forward).

However... I think it would be a good name for a future title featuring the descendants of the Titans. The children of the Titans in a sort of Infinity Inc. team. Hmmmm
    I think TT and YJ should be seperate. Not every teen in DC should be part of the same team. They should be "rivals" to a degree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I think TT and YJ should be seperate. Not every teen in DC should be part of the same team. They should be "rivals" to a degree.
    I agree that they should be separate, but TT and YJ wouldn't work as rivals. They have a lot of members in common (not that this would prevent a potential rivalry) and share similar views on justice and heroism. For a rivalry to work, you would need radically different views on justice and heroism. At this point a Titans/TT and YJ rivalry would feel forced.

Team Titans with a revamped roster and mission statement could work as rivals for the TT/Titans, but DC isn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If this is the last season, at least they gave her a costume, although I was expecting something more Rebirth.

Kingdom Come was a case of a bad future.... that was actually very well written. Yes, there were several things that were just... shoved in as filler, but this is a story with a HUGE scale, and thus you kinda need filler. a lot of the "new heroes"... don't have backstories. the "reveal" that "Brainiac's Daughter" was Kara Zor-el's descendant didn't happen until years later. she's kinda just there with no explanation in the actual story. This is fine since she's not the center of the story. She's one of over a dozen characters superman recruits to form a new Justice League(sort of).
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I don't mind Nightstar, it would be interesting to see both Dick and Barbara's reaction. Maybe Kori kept her pregnancy with Dick a secret, and Mar'i for most of her life was living on Tamaran. I imagined a scene where both Dick and Barbara were chilling in Dick's apartment and Mar'i just showed up unannounced.

I would like to see a Titans Next Generation/Titans Beyond book with Damian and Jon as mentors since they were the mentees of Dick so it's sort of like passing the torch.
    honestly, there's several Kingdom Come characters who'd be perfect for use in a less bad future. A teen version of Brainiac's Daughter(maybe give her an actual name this time?) could be a good team mate for Mar'i and Iris.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I agree that they should be separate, but TT and YJ wouldn't work as rivals. They have a lot of members in common (not that this would prevent a potential rivalry) and share similar views on justice and heroism. For a rivalry to work, you would need radically different views on justice and heroism. At this point a Titans/TT and YJ rivalry would feel forced.

Team Titans with a revamped roster and mission statement could work as rivals for the TT/Titans, but DC isn't interested.
    rivalry doesn't require hostility though. It just needs competition... kind of like having two Titans teams in the cartoon. That worked out rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    She has a cool design, she's one of the few Tamaraneans who have a story, and she doesn't look like a carbon copy of her dad the way it usually is for hero/hero children. She would also be a way to explore Kory's culture a lot more (which doesn't mean she is or should be necessary for DC to do that. They should do it anyway.)
    She looks like a copy of her mom with dark hair. And being an earthling, not sure she’d be very influenced by Tamaranean culture. From the little there is with her she seems clearly more influence by earth’s superhero culture.

That being said, superhero’s kids are cute. They represent the culmination of their parents relationship. So it’s not hard to see why people find her appealing.

Btw Bitewing > Nightstar
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2022 at 06:56 AM.

I wouldn't mind Nightstar existing in main continuity. It would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You don't need to have radically different views to be rivals. Sports teams are rivals, they all have the same end goal. It's all about being the best.

If we're pushing Damian with the TT I could see them being slightly competitive in certain aspects. Some of the characters could work that angle. They're just too young for that dynamic to extend past anything other than sibling rivalry.

YJ should be pushing older, a better rival for them would be Infinity Inc. if they ever made a return or a Team Titans. Especially, if a Team Titans team included slightly morally ambiguous heroes like Rose Wilson.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I agree. It would feel forced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    If we're pushing Damian with the TT I could see them being slightly competitive in certain aspects. Some of the characters could work that angle. They're just too young for that dynamic to extend past anything other than sibling rivalry.

YJ should be pushing older, a better rival for them would be Infinity Inc. if they ever made a return or a Team Titans. Especially, if a Team Titans team included slightly morally ambiguous heroes like Rose Wilson.
    Team Titans would probably work better as the Titans rivals, not Young Justice.

Team Titans would probably work better as the Titans rivals, not Young Justice.
    I would be surprised if DC ever brings back the Team Titans