Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a great statue but not my favorite choice of Rogues. Wonder what decided which Rogues were used?
    Seems DC does actually dictate characters they wanted represented in some instances. Separate case but Nicola Scott said she was told specifically what characters DC wanted on her Green Lantern 80th Anniversary and Trial of the Amazons variant.

David Finch designed it for reference.

I would buy the heck of that statue if it
    A-Did not include Grail
    B-Silver Swan was Helen or Valerie (not Vanessa)
    C-Circe was not wearing that horrendous costume.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I would buy the heck of that statue if it
    A-Did not include Grail
    B-Silver Swan was Helen or Valerie (not Vanessa)
    C-Circe was not wearing that horrendous costume.
    I'm fine with Vanessa, but agreed that I'd swap out Grail for someone like Dr. Cyber and give Circe her Dodson costume.

Also the base should be Giganta's hand

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm fine with Vanessa, but agreed that I'd swap out Grail for someone like Dr. Cyber and give Circe her Dodson costume.

Or do what they did with the Batman one when it came to Bane and have it look like she's sunk in quicksand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems DC does actually dictate characters they wanted represented in some instances. Separate case but Nicola Scott said she was told specifically what characters DC wanted on her Green Lantern 80th Anniversary and Trial of the Amazons variant.

David Finch designed it for reference.
    Guess we should be thankful they didn’t mandate using Max Lord .

Man I was just playing Arkham Knight again and if they can copy the Mad Hatter’s vibe for Dr. Psycho in the WW game, he’s going to blow up as a WW Rogue
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

^ooh, I actually LOVE that one.

I'd swap out Bane and Man-Bat for the Riddler and Mad Hatter though

I hope they make one for Superman. Unfortunately Doomsday will most likely be in it

Need a Minister Blizzard story, there’s so much potential there with exploring religious faith via conflict between him and Diana.
    ^ooh, I actually LOVE that one.

I'd swap out Bane and Man-Bat for the Riddler and Mad Hatter though

I hope they make one for Superman. Unfortunately Doomsday will most likely be in it
    He definitely will, just hope Cyborg Superman isn’t. Need Bloodsport to be included too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Guess we should be thankful they didn’t mandate using Max Lord .

Man I was just playing Arkham Knight again and if they can copy the Mad Hatter’s vibe for Dr. Psycho in the WW game, he’s going to blow up as a WW Rogue
    I'll be doing backflips if Psycho is in the game and Max is "Sir Not Appearing In This Game".

Pyscho and Giganta are the two who I think would be pretty easily translatable characters for bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'll be doing backflips if Psycho is in the game and Max is "Sir Not Appearing In This Game".

Pyscho and Giganta are the two who I think would be pretty easily translatable characters for bosses.
    Nailing the creepiness of Psycho will be key. Part of what made people love Hatter is that he’s such a freak in the Arkham games. By Arkham Knight it’s all but said that he wants to sexually assault Batman (he talks about making Batman his “Alice”). Psycho is the one WW Rogue where I think making him as disgusting as possible is the key to really selling him as a threat (in addition of course to the hallucinations). Making his boss fight something like this:

And I think people will switch from seeing Psycho as “lame” to seeing him as a terrifying foe. Actually I wouldn’t even mind if the guy who voiced Hatter voiced Psycho as well. How do you guys see Psycho’s voice being? Should he be nasally and creepy like Hatter, or more of a “suave” Peter Dinklage Tyrion type voice?

Nailing the creepiness of Psycho will be key. Part of what made people love Hatter is that he’s such a freak in the Arkham games. By Arkham Knight it’s all but said that he wants to sexually assault Batman (he talks about making Batman his “Alice”). Psycho is the one WW Rogue where I think making him as disgusting as possible is the key to really selling him as a threat (in addition of course to the hallucinations). Making his boss fight something like this:

And I think people will switch from seeing Psycho as “lame” to seeing him as a terrifying foe. Actually I wouldn’t even mind if the guy who voiced Hatter voiced Psycho as well. How do you guys see Psycho’s voice being? Should he be nasally and creepy like Hatter, or more of a “suave” Peter Dinklage Tyrion type voice?
    Nasally/creepy is how I've usually read him. Electro from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon is probably the closest.

That is such a cool idea!!!

Is there a new rogue VIP room on the horizon, for the WW comic? Janus, Doctor Psycho, Image Maker, Gundra, Ares, Giganta, Doctor Cyber? I think these are the villains, who have appeared in recent WW comics, so far, and others, mentioned in interviews, with Michael and Becky.

Does anyone see Cheetah falling off into more obscurity, after the big dud, that was WW84?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-23-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Does anyone see Cheetah falling off into more obscurity, after the big dud, that was WW84?
    No. It wasnt received well critically but sold well and the characters werent the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Is there a new rogue VIP room on the horizon, for the WW comic? Janus, Doctor Psycho, Image Maker, Gundra, Ares, Giganta, Doctor Cyber? I think these are the villains, who have appeared in recent WW comics, so far, and others, mentioned in interviews, with Michael and Becky.

Probably not much since Cheetah will be the next animated movie coming up and will, probably, be in the video game.

Cheetah will always be one of her most prominent Rogues simply because she’s the go-to WW Rogue.