Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hmmm, Wonder Woman villains are so unique (and weird, in a good way), I don't think there is one that fits Captain Marvel. At least not one that I can think of ATM. It's more likely Green Lantern villain fits the bill.
    Perhaps a revamped Captain Wonder? Or an Astarte?

::starts to think about whether either of those could make any sense::

Michael Conrad confirms that the gang featured in his Black & Gold story is the Yellow Mask Gang from the Golden Age.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Michael Conrad confirms that the gang featured in his Black & Gold story is the Yellow Mask Gang from the Golden Age.

This is such a deep cut, wow. Thank the gods for Cloonrad. Has any other run in recent memory used as many of her existing villains as this one (granted this was in Black and Gold but still!)? How refreshing to find a creative team that is actually interested in Diana's rogues and has fun using them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Since Marvel has Power Princess, is there a WW villain who fits the bill of an evil Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel?

Or any of the other 'first ladies' of Marvel (Janet, Sue, Ororo, Jennifer)?
    Maybe Lady Lunar?

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Dr. Cyber/Strange Fusion by Nikolas Alecsovich

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Maybe Lady Lunar?

Interesting character but she is an astronaut not a soldier.

I know some astronauts also served in the military but I'm thinking of a character who could be like a military girl boss, someone whom even Diana might at first think was an ally but later they're at odds because of her imperialistic ways. Someone who is like a cross between a female John Walker and Captain Atom.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Dr. Cyber/Strange Fusion by Nikolas Alecsovich

Now that's an amalgam I never saw coming but she looks pretty cool.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Maybe Lady Lunar?

I’ve really wanted to see her as part of the Wonder World.

Le Grand Dame, The Cheetah. This is from Gail Simone and Nicola Scott's fabulous Secret Six #3. When everyone else was playing Cheetah for a chump whenever see appeared outside of the pages of Wonder Woman, Gail Simone knew what was up.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Good times.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love that guest appearance. Unfortunately, Simone couldn't live up to it when she used Cheetah in her actual WW run.

I wonder if Cheetah's usage was another victim of DC editorial's messing with her run.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love that guest appearance. Unfortunately, Simone couldn't live up to it when she used Cheetah in her actual WW run.

I wonder if Cheetah's usage was another victim of DC editorial's messing with her run.
    Wouldn't be too surprised since editorial (apparently very last minute) stopped Simone from using Knockout as Genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wouldn't be too surprised since editorial (apparently very last minute) stopped Simone from using Knockout as Genocide.
    Wonder Woman has been one of those titles that has historically had a very hostile editorial directive that drove artists away from the book--from Perez on, many creatives talk about how much they love Wonder Woman and how much some people with power loathe her--or if they don't loathe her, they don't think she's important enough to matter.

Circe and Veronica Cale. From Wonder Woman #20 by Greg Rucka and Bilquis Evely.