Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve long thought Savage would work wonderfully as a Rogue for WW. He’s in many ways a perfect foil for her: an immortal man who embodies the worst traits of Man’s World. Also not a god or tied to Greek myth which would make some of you happy
    I agree. I'm kind of surprised Weisman hasnt thought of it (though maybe if he were more into WW he wouldve)

I’ve long thought Savage would work wonderfully as a Rogue for WW. He’s in many ways a perfect foil for her: an immortal man who embodies the worst traits of Man’s World. Also not a god or tied to Greek myth which would make some of you happy
    DCAU Vandal Savage had some... interesting interactions to be sure.

I recall there was a thread a few years back, something along the lines of 'which non WW rogue would you like to see WW fight' and most of the responses were Vandal Savage.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Since the Amazons are all women reincarnated after being slain from male violence, I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of them were victims of Vandal Savage during their mortal lives.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I agree with that but it hasn't happened yet..... I could see the Amazons having a long history thwarting Savage with Hippolyta being very familiar with him and his tricks.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I agree with that but it hasn't happened yet..... I could see the Amazons having a long history thwarting Savage with Hippolyta being very familiar with him and his tricks.
    I agree. They did a bit of this in that Endless Winter event, but I have a Wonder-centric story I’d like to tell one day that includes Hippolyta, Black Adam, Nabu, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkwoman, Vandal Savage, the ancient Atlanteans, Doctor Mist, an avatar of the Green, Vandal Savage, a user of the Tantu Totem, a member of the Homo Magi, Shazam and the Circle of Eternity, a user of the Blue Beetle Scarab, a couple of New Gods and maybe a few other surprise characters… I’d tell the story in two time periods, the ancient past and the contemporary moment.

I’d use Vandal Savage in such a story, but avoid making him a Wonder villain specifically.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree. They did a bit of this in that Endless Winter event, but I have a Wonder-centric story I’d like to tell one day that includes Hippolyta, Black Adam, Nabu, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkwoman, Vandal Savage, the ancient Atlanteans, Doctor Mist, an avatar of the Green, Vandal Savage, a user of the Tantu Totem, a member of the Homo Magi, Shazam and the Circle of Eternity, a user of the Blue Beetle Scarab, a couple of New Gods and maybe a few other surprise characters… I’d tell the story in two time periods, the ancient past and the contemporary moment.

I’d use Vandal Savage in such a story, but avoid making him a Wonder villain specifically.

That sounds like a fun idea!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

It really does. There's something kind of sexy about Vandal Savage. To me he's like D.C.'s Sebastian Shaw or Kraven the Hunter.

There’s so much mining to do in the DC lore that can benefit the Wonders, Hawks and so many other characters.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 05-30-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It really does. There's something kind of sexy about Vandal Savage. To me he's like D.C.'s Sebastian Shaw or Kraven the Hunter.
    Honestly, the Young Justice animated series has really cemented the depth and how extraordinary his villainy can be… I can’t recall if it has ever happened, but I’d love to see Vandal Savage, Scandal Savage, Ra’s al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Hippolyta and Diana show up some time together and compare historical notes.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Honestly, the Young Justice animated series has really cemented the depth and how extraordinary his villainy can be… I can’t recall if it has ever happened, but I’d love to see Vandal Savage, Scandal Savage, Ra’s al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Hippolyta and Diana show up some time together and compare historical notes.
    Yeah, how many stories have had Ra's and Vandal.... hmmmmm. Definitely guys who you'd expect to have met at some point in their multi-century lives.

Giganta defeated by The Flashes

Yay, another punching bag Giganta scene.

Angle Man also appears at the end of that issue with the Secret Society of Super-Villains (I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yay, another punching bag Giganta scene.

Angle Man also appears at the end of that issue with the Secret Society of Super-Villains (I think?).
    Yep, he looks like Angle Man

I'd really love to see the Flashes try out-speeding Livewire like that. Technically they're faster, but they REALLY gotta push themselves.