Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For like a one issue appearance where she doesn't go all out and is more low-key, I understand, I didn't even hate it initially, but for a major WW villainess and one of the strongest magical beings in the DCU and who is known for her vibrancy and flamboyant nature...it feels way too normal. Like, I just don't think it makes any sense as her de-facto look and it just makes her look out of place and unimpressive the more they use it.
    That I can agree with, in my ideal world she'd swap her looks between Perez, Dodson, and Rebirth but that's not really something you'd get in a corporate superhero comic that needs consistent looks for branding purposes.

How is the middle a miss? Aside from the episode not using her to her full potential.
    Too "Fourth World-y" for me when it comes to Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That I can agree with, in my ideal world she'd swap her looks between Perez, Dodson, and Rebirth but that's not really something you'd get in a corporate superhero comic that needs consistent looks for branding purposes.
    I'd be fine with that too, I just take issue with what they ended up with as Circe's de-fact look when there were better options.
    Too "Fourth World-y" for me when it comes to Circe.
    Well, "What if Jack Kirby designed Circe" doesn't sound like a bad thing...oh wait, he did design a Sersi for Marvel .

I'd be fine with that too, I just take issue with what they ended up with as Circe's de-fact look when there were better options.
    Fair enough, I think we mostly have the same opinion. Her Rebirth outfit just doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

Well, "What if Jack Kirby designed Circe" doesn't sound like a bad thing...oh wait, he did design a Sersi for Marvel .
    Kirby's great obviously but didn't feel it fit a Greek sorceress imo. Or at least Timm and crew's version of Kirby.

Fair enough, I think we mostly have the same opinion. Her Rebirth outfit just doesn't bother me as much as it does others.
    Fair enough .
    Kirby's great obviously but didn't feel it fit a Greek sorceress imo. Or at least Timm and crew's version of Kirby.
    More like sci-fi Greek, but I think it fit her well .

More like sci-fi Greek, but I think it fit her well .
    That look definitely felt at home in the DCAU. Sure, it's a bit different, but not in a bad way IMO.

As for the DCUO Circe, at some point they tweaked her costume, but didn't retcon it. They just added a bodysuit, and any NEW appearances have that.
    https://twitter.com/marhawkman/statu...63751359766528

Kirby's great obviously but didn't feel it fit a Greek sorceress imo.
    Well, it's Circe and it was the turn of the millennium at the time. She was hip with modern culture so it made sense she updated her look too.

Well, "What if Jack Kirby designed Circe" doesn't sound like a bad thing...oh wait, he did design a Sersi for Marvel
    You know which Circe design looked a cross between Kirby's Sersi and DCAU Circe? Justice League Action.

Continued

continued

continued/final

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Some of these are some interesting redesigns, especially Cheetah and Dr. Cyber although I'm not sure why Vandal Savage and The Key were included as they are Justice Society/Justice League villains and I don't remember Diana having fought them solo.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Some of these are some interesting redesigns, especially Cheetah and Dr. Cyber although I'm not sure why Vandal Savage and The Key were included as they are Justice Society/Justice League villains and I don't remember Diana having fought them solo.
    I’ve long thought Savage would work wonderfully as a Rogue for WW. He’s in many ways a perfect foil for her: an immortal man who embodies the worst traits of Man’s World. Also not a god or tied to Greek myth which would make some of you happy
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve long thought Savage would work wonderfully as a Rogue for WW. He’s in many ways a perfect foil for her: an immortal man who embodies the worst traits of Man’s World. Also not a god or tied to Greek myth which would make some of you happy
    Maybe it's because of current distaste of YJ, but would that' be another villain hand me down like Max Lord.