Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    The Duke of Deception is now officially known as Dolos as per the most recent ish! While I love the moniker "Duke of Deception", I do love that they are tying the Greek God of Deception into the character. And he's hot!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I love this! Mike Maihack?

Hmm, pretty much his Bronze Age appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love this! Mike Maihack?
    Yes, from one of the Sensational Wonder Woman digital issues.

All-New Member

Cheetah is back, apparently
    wonder woman 791.jpg
    After almost losing her friends in a vicious battle with the newly formed Villainy Inc., Wonder Woman is going solo! Defeated, Diana must find her way again in a world that seems to have moved on from her and her quest for peace. What could possibly make our hero feel like herself again? Enter Cheetah, and she’s got her claws sharpened for a good old-fashioned catfight!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turban View Post
    wonder woman 791.jpg

After the G. Willow Wilson/Steve Orlando use of Cheetah I needed a break from the character but now it's been long enough that I welcome her back with open arms. I hope she's portrayed as a true powerhouse.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by turban View Post
    wonder woman 791.jpg
    About time. Hope she's used well .

Is Snapper Carr in this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    After the G. Willow Wilson/Steve Orlando use of Cheetah I needed a break from the character but now it's been long enough that I welcome her back with open arms. I hope she's portrayed as a true powerhouse.
    I like this scene with Cheetah up in the trees, claws out.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Oh, man...if I had a ten-spot, for every time I read those words, in online forums, like this one! I want to share your optimism.

I can't, anymore.

I've been reading this comic, longer than many of you have been alive. I remember Cheetah, being WW's arch, on the Super Friends Saturday morning TV cartoon, the the comic tie-ins and related merchandise. I remember George Perez rebooting her, with Barbara Minerva as the new alter ego, and how hopeful and suspenseful, that made everybody. For my money, the movie WW 1984 was the test, and there was no great story for the Cheetah, that justifies her high-profile presence in the WW comic. For me, it's too soon, and climbing back in the sandbox, with Cheetah, just seems like a waste of paper, time ..and enthusiasm.

SUPER FRIENDS was nearly fiftysome years ago; why the editorial loyalty to this character? The kids don't owe her anything.

There's Janus, Myrina Black, Doctor Cyber, Queen Clea, Mars, Psycho, Adjudicator. I love Team Amazon. I'm a fan..would love to see what they could do, with any or all of those super-villains, ..but, Cheetah? After that movie? That's a bridge too far, even for me.

Unless they completely overhaul Cheetah and bring her back, as an entirely different character, with an entirely better backstory, ..I'm done with Cheetah, for a while.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-20-2022 at 03:29 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Oh, man...if I had a ten-spot, for every time I read those words, in online forums, like this one! I want to share your optimism.

I can't, anymore.

I've been reading this comic, longer than many of you have been alive. I remember Cheetah, being WW's arch, on the Super Friends Saturday morning TV cartoon, the the comic tie-ins and related merchandise. I remember George Perez rebooting her, with Barbara Minerva as the new alter ego, and how hopeful and suspenseful, that made everybody. For my money, the movie WW 1984 was the test, and there was no great story for the Cheetah, that justifies her high-profile presence in the WW comic. For me, it's too soon, and climbing back in the sandbox, with Cheetah, just seems like a waste of paper, time ..and enthusiasm.

SUPER FRIENDS was nearly fiftysome years ago; why the editorial loyalty to this character? The kids don't owe her anything.

There's Janus, Myrina Black, Doctor Cyber, Queen Clea, Mars, Psycho, Adjudicator. I love Team Amazon. I'm a fan..would love to see what they could do, with any or all of those super-villains, ..but, Cheetah? After that movie? That's a bridge too far, even for me.

Unless they completely overhaul Cheetah and bring her back, as an entirely different character, with an entirely better backstory, ..I'm done with Cheetah, for a while.
    You know Ares was often cited as the weakest part of the first Wonder Woman film, right? So why the loyalty to Ares/Mars when his movie appearance didn't make him any more popular? The kids have no reason to be loyal to him either.

It's also not like we are swimming in great Ares stories either.

I can't, anymore.

Most of the characters you site aren't that big with kids either? And what has Myrina Black done that's so impressive besides getting knocked up by Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    You know Ares was often cited as the weakest part of the first Wonder Woman film, right? So why the loyalty to Ares/Mars when his movie appearance didn't make him any more popular? The kids have no reason to be loyal to him either.

Post-Crisis Ares and Golden Age Mars are NOTHING alike.

Dr. Marston created a cosmic world around Mars, which recalled the sci-fi genre worlds of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. It was never matched in George Perez's Areopagus, which itself was never fully realized or built upon, by the writers, who followed him...never.

So, I'm just as done, with Boo B'Ares, as with Cheetah, and would welcome a complete overhaul of him, as well - and I've said as much, right here, on these CBR forums.

It's not your question, I take issue with, Siege. You just don't have the facts. Further, you can't treat Roman Mars and Greek Ares interchangeably, when discussing WW, as they are two different characters. Even when writers start referring to him, as Ares, in the Bronze Age, he is still a very different character, than Perez's post-Crisis Ares. https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2022...appalling.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-20-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most of the characters you site aren't that big with kids either? And what has Myrina Black done that's so impressive besides getting knocked up by Darkseid?

Or comic icons like

*checks notes*

The Adjudicator.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-20-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Post-Crisis Ares and Golden Age Mars are NOTHING alike.

Dr. Marston created a cosmic world around Mars, which recalled the sci-fi genre worlds of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. It was never matched in George Perez's Areopagus, which itself was never fully realized or built upon, by the writers, who followed him...never.

So, I'm just as done, with Boo B'Ares, as with Cheetah, and would welcome a complete overhaul of him, as well - and I've said as much, right here, on these CBR forums.

It's not your question, I take issue with, Siege. You just don't have the facts. Further, you can't treat Roman Mars and Greek Ares interchangeably, when discussing WW, as they are two different characters. Even when writers start referring to him, as Ares, in the Bronze Age, he is still a very different character, than Perez's post-Crisis Ares. https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2022...appalling.html
    But Golden Age Mars hasnt been relevant since the actual Golden Age. Anything good that can be done with him is still just a hypothetical, not actual reality. And creators don't seem interested in using something like that incarnation. Even Morrison during their Golden Age pastiche only used Mars by combibing him with Max Lord.

The difference between Marston's Mars and Perez's Ares are no different than those between Priscilla and Barbara. Or the various Diana's. As far as the IP is concerned, there is no relevant distinction between Mars and Ares. It's just different versions of the same character fulfilling the same role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Or comic icons like

*checks notes*

The Adjudicator.
    Yeah, he totally set the world on fire the first time around, didn't he?
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 06-20-2022 at 10:03 AM.

Siege, if you like Cheetah stories, enough to give another one, a chance...good for you. You think I'm singling her out, being unfair, ..that's okay, too.

For me, after WW 1984, it's too soon for another one, right now. It's just a waste of paper.

I think you're totally wrong on your comparison of Mars to Ares; they couldn't be more different. Again, much of what amounts to the failure of post-Crisi Ares, as I see it, is how the writers, who followed G. Perez have failed to build him and Areopagus into something interesting, even threatening to the overall DCU - failed to make him a better Wonder-villain, than [Koff, koff...] Darkseid. That's my opinion, and I've already said everything I needed to say about why I prefer Mars to Ares, on my Wondabunga blogpost.

You have your opinion; I've no interest in changing it.

Your snark on Adjudicator falls flat. Adjudicator, a brand new character (without a Saturday morning cartoon), was trotted out once, in a major WW story arc...once, in the same story, which introduced him. CHEETAH, ..comparatively speaking - how many misguided, inconsequential, lackluster stories do we fans need to read, before we can justifiably say, "Thanks, but, I've had enough"? So, yes I can conceivably welcome further development of the Adjudicator, while passing on the Cheetah, for the foreseeable future.

Not unreasonable, in the least. Done.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-21-2022 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Context