Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    I like to imagine Queen Clea as the leader of the hyperboreans
    That would kind of remove the Poseidon and trident visuals and Ventura. Hyperboreans lived in a land of eternal spring paradise and worshiped Apollo. the place is described as 'long-lived, untouched by war, hard toil and the ravages of old age and disease.' (a lot like themyscira really...) Also, they already have a theocracy of 3 giants known as the Boreades, who were kings/priests and sons of Boreas.

I already know I'm gonna get the 'F**k off with that myth accuracy' treatment but, like its I feel like you can have the Hyperboreans and let Clea be her own thing.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    That would kind of remove the Poseidon and trident visuals and Ventura. Hyperboreans lived in a land of eternal spring paradise and worshiped Apollo. the place is described as 'long-lived, untouched by war, hard toil and the ravages of old age and disease.' (a lot like themyscira really...) Also, they already have a theocracy of 3 giants known as the Boreades, who were kings/priests and sons of Boreas.

I already know I'm gonna get the 'F**k off with that myth accuracy' treatment but, like its I feel like you can have the Hyperboreans and let Clea be her own thing.
    I just thought It was a good way to keep Clea the closest to her original concept while avoiding the overlap with Aquaman

Besides,them Diana would have her own hostile nation who is just as powerful as the Amazons or the Atlanteans

Finally,you can just say Clea or her ancestors usurped the throne and turned a once paradisiac land into a dystopia
    Last edited by Access; 10-08-2022 at 03:31 AM.

I don't see anything wrong with Queen Clea's corner of the WW mythos oevrlapping with Aquaman's. If anything I see it as beneficial for the continued valuation of Diana as a vital aspect of the overall DC universe.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im always down for a good overlap but then i strongly believe that Aquaman needs to be acknowledged. Clea would definitely catch his sight

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, one idea I tossed around once is making Clea more a threat to Themiscyra as a whole than WW specifically. Clea's been around longer than most people, and in every incarnation... is a foe who has fought WW both in the past(WW2 era) and present. With that comes the idea that maybe Clea and Venturia have fought Hippolyta since before Diana was even born.
    That could be a good explanation for why she seemingly doesn't age yeah.
    I’ve had similar thoughts about Clea being a foe of the Amazons. I kind of want to do something between the Venturians, Amazons and Valkyries someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Clea should be a demigod. I'd make her Ceto's daughter. She's a sea goddeses who gave birth to a bunch of monstrous children (like the Gorgons).
    I could see that in the right hands telling the story.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post

I’m certainly not going to tell you to <bleep> off!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with Queen Clea's corner of the WW mythos oevrlapping with Aquaman's. If anything I see it as beneficial for the continued valuation of Diana as a vital aspect of the overall DC universe.
    I agree for the stuff I’d like to see happen and do with the character. Make her primarily a Diana foe, but integrated into Atlantean lore and politics. She’s a woman who can do both.

I'd love a big Wonder Woman/Aquaman crossover involving Poseidon and Clea.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree for the stuff I’d like to see happen and do with the character. Make her primarily a Diana foe, but integrated into Atlantean lore and politics. She’s a woman who can do both.
    Yeah, when you look at DC's Atlantean map... There's multiple factions of them already. Adding Clea as yet another Atlantean faction is... seemingly easy. Just say she's not interested in Arthur's title as Lord of Atlantis. Which would put her in a rather ancillary role as she's neither willing to support or attack Aquaman.... most of the time. I mean the obvious teamup with Black Manta almost writes itself.. but.. it's not a good idea to have them as constant allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'd love a big Wonder Woman/Aquaman crossover involving Poseidon and Clea.
    I could totally see an event like that being an epic that involves Poseidon, Amphitrite, Oceanus and many other sea deities (and sea creatures and monsters like Scylla, Charybdis, the Kraken, Cetus, the Sirens, et al Go crazy .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The fact that I think the biggest crossover WW/AM had was...Flashpoint amazes me. She shares mythology with him/Shazam and yet never really gets to explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I could totally see an event like that being an epic that involves Poseidon, Amphitrite, Oceanus and many other sea deities (and sea creatures and monsters like Scylla, Charybdis, the Kraken, Cetus, the Sirens, et al Go crazy .
    Ironically, the Kraken is from norse myth, not greek, it's a typical mistake. Not that there aren't sea monsters in greek myth... I'll stop now.

Yknow, I read Thor books from time to time (I love the Thor and Diana comparisons, sue me) and there are times when he interacts with his world in such a way that it should be called diplomatic, he's often to war happy and head strong but still attempting to solve some diplomatic issue. Be it frost or fire giants, elves, or anything else and I just think 'why doesn't Diana get this treatment?' There is so much just unexplored for really sad reasons like sexism, lack of imagination, and editorial interference.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yes, this is how I always saw Queen Clea.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!