Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Marvel wonder man is getting a show sadly. Can't believe thats really his name ugh. DC should've had THEE LEGENDARY ONE AND ONLY WONDER MAN. I would've loved to audition for that role.

I can see me now, getting a chance to run in slow motion like gal & lynda moving at incalculable speeds. Plus a great Greek accent. Sigh..
    Well....Marvel's Wonder Man can run faster than an express train....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    LOVE IT!

Diana and Queen Clea: empowering others versus obsessing with one's own power (megalomania)
    Diana and Silver Swan: helping others locate their inner beauty versus coveting physical beauty for selfish reasons
    Diana and Minister Blizzard: kindhearted versus coldhearted
    Diana and Dr. Cyber: humane, warm living creature versus calculating, ruthless mechanized being
    Diana and Duke of Deception: duh Truth versus Lies
    Diana and Genocide: Order versus Chaos
    Diana and Zara: Respect versus Fear
    Diana and Eviless: inspiring versus coercing
    Interesting ones! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    The really great Comic Book Herald essay series Wonder Woman Historia has an article about WW’s GA villains that basically sums them up along these lines. Mars/Ares = war and patriarchy, Earl of Greed = capitalism, Lord Conquest = colonialism, Dr. Psycho = misogyny, Queen Clea = misandry, Eviless = fascism, etc. It kinda makes the case for Mars/Ares as the archvillain but I think you’re right on and her rogues have always been defined by those dichotomies..

https://www.comicbookherald.com/wond...-the-villains/
    Thank you for the link - can’t wait to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, poor Angle Man has been reduced to cameos for the last few decades when a writer seems to want to add some color to a group of villains. I'd like to see the character return with the Phil Jimenez personality and the green & gold suit w/Angler.
    He. Could. Be. Such. A. Great. Villain!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Well I love me some Ed Indelicato, and I don't care to admit it. Heck, I even enjoyed Mike Schorr (despite Mike sometimes seeming like an Ed Indelicato clone) AND Trevor Barnes AND Bobby Barnes, and Ferdinand as well. I also love Rama and I wish that someday we can see any (or all) of these men (and minotaur) back on the pages of Wonder Woman. Damn, if we only had a second WW-centric book or some sort of monthly Wonder Woman Family comic, maybe we could get short "Whatever Happened to..." tales of the men in Diana's history...
    Same here… Ed’s got a lot of potential and besides…. Myndi Mayer needs someone to step outside to gossip and smoke with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "eunuch"...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Does he always do this?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Same here… Ed’s got a lot of potential and besides…. Myndi Mayer needs someone to step outside to gossip and smoke with.
    I always found Ed Indelicato a major, tacky cop-show bore, who didn't belong anywhere near a WW story--just never got what any of us saw in him. He wasn't half as charming or funny, as Det. Mike Schorr. Did Ed have a cute sister and a family, like Mike's?

Dirty, urban Wonder Woman. Yawn. Eeu-uuww...

I think I'm sick of seeing Diana in big, ultra-urban, northeastern cities, like New York or Boston, and can't imagine why she'd want to live in any of ours. I think she'd want to live somewhere on the outskirts of Gateway City, perhaps. The idea of moving Diana to the West makes me curious--maybe, someplace farther Southwest, than Gateway, even.

Like Eros, Col. Steve needs an Anteros, that he might grow apace with, define and be defined by. I think having living action figure, Siggy, around is about the best thing that ever happened to [Yawn. Snore.] Steve, since World War II and magic islands fulla' naked women. Siggy's there for contrast - there's hope.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-03-2022 at 07:54 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    The really great Comic Book Herald essay series Wonder Woman Historia has an article about WW’s GA villains that basically sums them up along these lines. Mars/Ares = war and patriarchy, Earl of Greed = capitalism, Lord Conquest = colonialism, Dr. Psycho = misogyny, Queen Clea = misandry, Eviless = fascism, etc. It kinda makes the case for Mars/Ares as the archvillain but I think you’re right on and her rogues have always been defined by those dichotomies..

https://www.comicbookherald.com/wond...-the-villains/
    Yeah, read this a while back. Not sure how much I agree with it but made for an interesting thing to think about when I was reading through the GA Wonder Woman collections I got.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Does he always do this?
    Going by how when you type "eunuch" in word search forum and see the results.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well....Marvel's Wonder Man can run faster than an express train....
    Ew...I was introduced to him in 09' by beating that a** in ultimate alliance 2. I thought his name was very disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Ew...I was introduced to him in 09' by beating that a** in ultimate alliance 2. I thought his name was very disrespectful.
    He actually debuted in 1964! So quite a few decades before your game play.

Actually an homage since his strength, speed, endurance, durability and flight enabled him to beat the entire team.

Still, Wonder Woman is much more powerful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I always found Ed Indelicato a major, tacky cop-show bore, who didn't belong anywhere near a WW story--just never got what any of us saw in him. He wasn't half as charming or funny, as Det. Mike Schorr. Did Ed have a cute sister and a family, like Mike's?

I think I'm sick of seeing Diana in big, ultra-urban, northeastern cities, like New York or Boston, and can't imagine why she'd want to live in any of ours. I think she'd want to live somewhere on the outskirts of Gateway City, perhaps. The idea of moving Diana to the West makes me curious--maybe, someplace farther Southwest, than Gateway, even.

Like Eros, Col. Steve needs an Anteros, that he might grow apace with, define and be defined by. I think having living action figure, Siggy, around is about the best thing that ever happened to [Yawn. Snore.] Steve, since World War II and magic islands fulla' naked women. Siggy's there for contrast - there's hope.
    Ed is a lot better than some of the men you'd choose to be around Diana and co. tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Pretty sure Mike Schorr kicked a kitten once because he was annoyed Diana didnt feel the same way about him. Sure he felt bad afterward, but that being his first impulse kinda justifies her not considering him an option.

I'm not super wild about Ed, but I like him well enough. Certainly better than his discount stand in. Schorr was also created for the Byrne run, and that's a black mark for anybody save Cassie and her mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

That’s why I liked Ed - his tackiness. I’d use him as another POV in the Wonder World. He’s different than other characters I’d incorporate - Steve, Siggy, Ferdinand, Trevor, Achilles, Kevin Mayer - and I’d like to see what develops with him over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Pretty sure Mike Schorr kicked a kitten once because he was annoyed Diana didnt feel the same way about him. Sure he felt bad afterward, but that being his first impulse kinda justifies her not considering him an option.

I'm not super wild about Ed, but I like him well enough. Certainly better than his discount stand in. Schorr was also created for the Byrne run, and that's a black mark for anybody save Cassie and her mom
    What! I didn't hate Mike but I don't remember him kicking a cat. If that's the case, burn in hell, Mike.