Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1128

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Honestly, Scott - Boston and New York are just too urban Northeast for where I'd like to see Diana based. Besides my just dislking Boston, intensely...

As Superman and Batman are based in the American Northeast, I'd like to see Wonder Woman's iconic city express that metanormal port city idea, you, Mizuno and I have been talking about forever - X-files Capital of the DCU, y'know? With Mike Conrad and Becky Cloonan kicking off their run on WW, in Austin TX, ..I'd have been happier to see them try her out, there. I'd just like to see writers do something different for Diana's town, ..as if we were moving from the Golden Age to the Silver Age, and everything - regular cast, villains, some of the backstory and the rest - was all brand new and promising, again.

I could forgive Gateway City, if only because it promised the tiny possibility of newness. Ed Indelicato represents some things I'd like to see Diana stay away from.

That'd be the Mike Schorr, whose mind-controlled Amazon companion just straight-up broke a guy's neck, ..while he was possessed by aliens? Oh, yeah - he's got terrible judgment. Yeah.

Whatever.

As I said before somewhere (Twitter), I'm seriously spoiling for the Justice League's first rumble with DC's time-mangling answer to Kang...JANUS! She's one of SEVEN Wonder-villainesses, I think might easily top the Justice League's CODE RED list, ..but, who are the rest?

Queen Bee, Queen of Fables and even Superwoman are actually JL foes - should they count?

I agree about the East Coast (Boston, New York, Washington DC) not be the best place for Diana, from my POV. She can/has worked there, but I’d like something new. My idea places her city on the West Coast.

As far Ed, I’d have him be an East Coast transplant to her city. I lived in San Francisco for twenty years and witnessed people from a Boston and NYC mode step into a Californian vibe when they moved there. There can be some culture clash which could make Ed fun to write.

To bring the conversation back to Wonder foes, I’ve found it fairly easy to get a bunch of them having origins in and operating out of Diana’s city - at least the less global/cosmic ones. Circe, Ares, Eviless, Doctor Cyber, Queen Clea and others may certainly show up in Diana’s city, but they’re also much grander.

Incredible Member

Do you guys like Giganta?

I've never read or seen a story that made me interested in her. She grows big aaaaaand....she used to be a monkey? That's...it?

She never seems to have a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I've never read or seen a story that made me interested in her. She grows big aaaaaand....she used to be a monkey? That's...it?

Super-friends and being an interesting visual is the main reason's she stuck around. Doesn't have a lot depth but then again, not every villain needs to be a Walter White.

I'd say checkout out Justice if you want see a really cool take on Giganta.

I think shes pretty neat. I recall Simone using her pretty well in different places.
    The thing to keep in mind with Giganta is that as a villain she is not and in any way, shape, or form, a big bad. This is not a bad thing. Shes a genetics scientist who grew big and might rob banks, but also makes for good 'muscle' for other baddies.

I see her as good 'Dragon' material for a more evil mastermind sorta villain. Someone who can provide the muscle, and even some scientific savvy if need be. No motivations for world domination, shes more a paycheck villain.

Finished A Plague Tale recently and that video game really got me thinking about the ways you could use Poison to tell a horror story featuring Wonder Woman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    He actually debuted in 1964! So quite a few decades before your game play.

Actually an homage since his strength, speed, endurance, durability and flight enabled him to beat the entire team.

Still, Wonder Woman is much more powerful!
    Current WW. I have my doubts about that.

I love Giganta but she’s never been developed to her full potential as a character. A lot of work could be done to make her character interesting instead of being great visual for someone punch.

But, like a lot of Wonder characters, you gotta put in that creative work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Super-friends and being an interesting visual is the main reason's she stuck around. Doesn't have a lot depth but then again, not every villain needs to be a Walter White.

I'd say checkout out Justice if you want see a really cool take on Giganta.

She’s even a blank slate for Batman - and he’s supposed to know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Current WW. I have my doubts about that.
    Not sure about current WW.

But in the past when they had their annual get-togethers, Diana seemed to easily beat Simon in arm-wrestling.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes, I have always liked Giganta. Her size, evilness and super-strength make her a good villain for WW.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Post deleted for duplicated text. See #1003.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-12-2022 at 01:07 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I love Zeul as Giganta ..and Zeul as herself. She'd have been my second pick for a rehabbed supervillainess joining the regular cast. Love her!

As I see it, the writing challenge with Giganta, narratively speaking, is leaving her a big, evil, giant woman, ..or deciding that's not enough and adding something really game-changing to her deal. Some twist for her origin? Death-ray eyes? New motivation for villainy? Narratively, she's pretty threadbare.

What, in the middle of some gathering of super-villains, she just picked up Circe and tore her head off..."D'you think HELIOS had only one daughter, Circe? Why don't you conjure yourself a new head, bidge?" You could imagine a similar scene, with a reference to DARKSEID, MONGUL or whoever, that could add a new angle or power expectations to Giganta.

Essentially, she's giant Veronica Cale...? I don't think writers really know what to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Clea should be a demigod. I'd make her Ceto's daughter. She's a sea goddeses who gave birth to a bunch of monstrous children (like the Gorgons).
    That's brilliant. I've imagined her as First Born's daughter, ..but, I like your idea, so-oo much better. The Kraken's daughter...LOVE it, Psy-lock!

I'd like to see writers open up her range a bit, beyond and before Aurania and Venturia ..or being an Atlantean. Why do we even have to call her an Atlantean? I think Dr. Marston intended Clea to preside over a lost, ocean-based tribe of giant Amazons--see no reason the 'Atlantean' handle can't be dropped, altogether. Further, I think the WW comic is just so impoverished of GREAT villains, whose popularity and story-use might extend beyond the Wonderverse, reaching new readers, ..that the comic needs Clea to be broader.

With the 'Atlantean' handle, I can't help being a little leery about Aquaman creators or someone on a higher, editorial level making Clea, an Aquaman villainess, ..if she got even a little popular. Comparatively, look what they've done, with Artemis; some fans swear she's a Batcomic character, through her Redhood and the Outlaws usage. I wouldn't even give them a hint of encouragement to steal Clea, before WW writers can even figure out what to do with her.

Being Ceto's daughter doesn't lock her into sea-theme stories or only stories, involving Aquaman or Atlantis. Hell...look at Triton's daughter, Yara Flor - she's Wonder Girl. I think, in the right skilled hands, your Ceto-origin demigod Clea could be the next Vandal Savage, Mongul ..or even an answer to Darkseid.

"...Clea is obsessed with the conquest of two, Atlantaean kingdoms, Venturia and Aurania, which is confusing for DC Comics fans, who readily associate anything 'Atlantis', ..with its superhero-king, Aquaman. For sake of narrative clarity, going forward, and opening up our idea of what she can be - what role she can play in the Wonderverse - I would see Clea made 'her own thing'. I would prefer seeing Clea established, as NOT being a native Atlantaean and, instead, ..the immortal conqueress of other realms, countless realms and people, ..long before she had ever settled in that fabled land..." Mel Dyer, Wondabunga Blog
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-12-2022 at 02:19 AM. Reason: from duplicate post
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Where is this from?