Boisterously Confused

Default Tis the Season: Luthor and It's A Wonderful Life

Is Byrne's Luthor not Mr. Potter from Capra's classic?

Dunno. Thta is a pretty modern archetypical villian. The corporate one I mean.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Mr. Potter might have become Luthor if George Bailey had super-powers. But since Potter never encountered any challenges beyond human capability, he never became more than a simple corrupt businessman- his petty schemes achieved his goals without having to create a whole organization to support pure criminal enterprises.

Now I can easily see the Action #1 Superman setting his sights on Mr. Potter.

Of course, Potter's secret weapons would have been his nephew Phineas and his grand-niece Lana Lang

Definitely is petty enough to qualify. Byrne Lex did take time out of being diet Kingpin to go gaslight random waitresses for sheer kicks, that kind of small time evil is certainly something I could see Potter doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

^^^Indeed. Here's proof...