Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Between this, American Alien, and My Adventures With Superman a trend is beginning to form.
    I'm sensing a similar trend towards colorblind casting of Lois. But I hadn't quite put together all 3 Asian Lois offerings till this thread.

Playing a fun game of which actress of Asian decent would make a good live-action Lois Lane (esp if Amy Adams is done with the role).

Off the top of my head:

Olivia Munn.

42 year old American, Chinese mother, White father.

Already played Psylocke, so comic-book familiar.

Not tall (5'4"), which seems to be the only consistent physical trait of Lois.

I'm sure that there would be other candidates. Any ideas?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume in terms of overall characterization and depiction, she'll still be Lois.
    This, and it's the multiverse.

That said, I don't really want comic Lois to change, but it's not like Amy Adams looking like Lana didn't make her Lois Lane. Adaptions usually don't translate one-to-one.

That said, I do wish if we were doing a story about a young up-and-coming Asian American female reporter that we would use Linda Park, but Lois is a bigger draw.

Sucks, but I guess it's easier/more financially viable that way.

I'll still give this a look. I want to support more Lois Lane stories.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-11-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Question. In one of Bendis works, it had a guy say he was the brother of Lois Lane. What ever became of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Question. In one of Bendis works, it had a guy say he was the brother of Lois Lane. What ever became of it?
    Already forget a character than derails the characterization of three characters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Just wanted to say I’m just now realizing that the Bronze Age Lois Lane solo comic introduced some long lasting concepts such as the current Rose & Thorn and the villain group, The 100.

I used to think only Jimmy Olsen’s solo introduced a lot of the long lasting concepts like Project Cadmus and The Fourth World characters like Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Just wanted to say I’m just now realizing that the Bronze Age Lois Lane solo comic introduced some long lasting concepts such as the current Rose & Thorn and the villain group, The 100.

I used to think only Jimmy Olsen’s solo introduced a lot of the long lasting concepts like Project Cadmus and The Fourth World characters like Darkseid.
    I am sure than in Lois book other concepts were introduced, but I don't know which are.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Season's Greetings!