Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Darwyn Cooke.

CookeLoisLane.jpg

Darwyn Cooke (R.I.P.)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Could be really interesting. Will have to check both this and the Static one out.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Penny for your thoughts, Smallville...

20220817_123005.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Lois is going to feature in a new Black Label book coming out in November, Waller v. Wildstorm. Set in the 80's during the Cold War it will feature Lois digging around on the black ops battle between Amanda Waller and Jackson King. Sounds pretty cool.

WALLER VS. WILDSTORM # 1
    Written by SPENCER ACKERMAN and EVAN NARCISSE
    Art by ERIC BATTLE
    Cover by JORGE FORNÉS
    Variant cover by ERIC BATTLE
    1:25 variant cover by MIKE PERKINS
    $5.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 4 | Prestige Plus 8 1/2" x 10 7/8"(all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    The synopsis for Waller vs. Wildstorm #1 reads, "In the early 1980s, as the Cold War stubbornly refuses to thaw, a new battle heats up...for the soul of the intelligence agency Checkmate. As the agency’s super-heroic public face, Jackson King—a.k.a. The armored Battalion, former leader of Stormwatch and the symbol of American might—has long suspected that Adeline Kane is up to dirty tricks overseas, engineering horrors that betray everything he believes about service to one’s country. But King doesn’t know that Kane has a clever new ally—an ambitious young woman named Amanda Waller. She has her own ideas about how metahumans can serve their country. And honor, dignity, and long lives don’t factor into them... National-security reporter Spencer Ackerman (The Daily Beast, Reign of Terror), comics and video game writer Evan Narcisse (Black Panther, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Batman: Gotham Knights - Gilded City), and veteran artist Eric Battle (Aquaman, Kobalt) celebrate WildStorm’s legacy of espionage-flavored superhero morality plays, pitting Stormwatch against the deadliest people in the DCU—including Deathstroke himself!"
    Editor Chris Conroy described it as:

Let’s just say Spencer knows a thing or two about how shadowy intelligence operations work, so you’re going to get a spy book unlike anything you’ve read before.

Oh, and: the whole power struggle between Waller and King? Lois Lane is sniffing around, pulling on all the threads…
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-18-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Spectacular Member
    Last edited by Filbert; 08-18-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lois is going to feature in a new Black Label book coming out in November, Waller v. Wildstorm. Set in the 80's during the Cold War it will feature Lois digging around on the black ops battle between Amanda Waller and Jackson King. Sounds pretty cool.

Yeah that sounds awesome, definitely interested. Really hoping this Wildstorm push pans out because everything they’re saying intrigues me. Funny how much of the Wildstorm move to the DCU has it brushing up against Superman’s corner.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that sounds awesome, definitely interested. Really hoping this Wildstorm push pans out because everything they’re saying intrigues me. Funny how much of the Wildstorm move to the DCU has it brushing up against Superman’s corner.
    I loved Ellis' The Wild Storm and while I understand why it was all canned, it was very disappointing. So I like that they are trying more Wildstorm stuff and Black Label sounds like a good fit for it too. Plus yeah, this sounds like a cool concept and I loved that someone actually recognized what you can do with Lois outside of the Superbooks.

Plus, a non-Batman Black Label book! Probably hits their quota, or they'll have Batman show up at some point.

I loved Ellis' The Wild Storm and while I understand why it was all canned, it was very disappointing. So I like that they are trying more Wildstorm stuff and Black Label sounds like a good fit for it too. Plus yeah, this sounds like a cool concept and I loved that someone actually recognized what you can do with Lois outside of the Superbooks.

Plus, a non-Batman Black Label book! Probably hits their quota, or they'll have Batman show up at some point.
    Oh he’s definitely showing up, probably to fight Deathstroke lol, but Lois being involved means maybe Clark will cameo too, so it’s all fair in my book. Lois being used as the go to reporter for the DCU makes me very happy, it is after all exactly what she is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Me want it!
    Assassinate Putin!

Nice to see Lois in more books.

I'm reminded of her investigation into Suicide Squad stuff in Ostrander's SS run that ended with her in a jail cell getting a pie thrown in her face. Fun times .