Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What do you all think about Betsy being a war captain.

And no I don't mean as a replacement.

I mean I think their should be more than 4 and she'd be a great candidate.
    I think it's long overdue
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

That would be fine, but so far war captain has been a completely meaningless title so I don’t know how much good it would do her. I wouldn’t expect her to gain anything from it.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-13-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Mighty Member

I feel that if she’s going to keep this role, that she should have a seat on the council. It would be cool to see her have a seat on all three councils. Quiet, Great Ring and Otherworld (wether for Avalon or maybe a new region for mutants). I actually don’t want her to have anything to do with Britain since they turned on her. Sad because she was CB before, but here they are siding with dudes in cloaks and witches that had no political power. Captain Arakko? Ha

But I would also like to see her as a fighter and real leader. I don’t think she’s been a real leader in Excalibur… just like Brian at times didn’t seem like the real leader of the OG Excalibur. That fell kind of to everyone and then more so to Kurt.

I think she would be amazing and not lost in Red with her dynamics with Storm and Magneto. She’s basically been “advisor” to both of them and has either taken the harsh line or the softer line with both of them. It would be amazing to see her as an equal contributor

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

100% yes to Betsy on the Quiet Council. I think it's the position that makes the most sense for her as leader of the Captain Britain Corps and representative of Otherworld and Saturnyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I feel that if she’s going to keep this role, that she should have a seat on the council. It would be cool to see her have a seat on all three councils. Quiet, Great Ring and Otherworld (wether for Avalon or maybe a new region for mutants). I actually don’t want her to have anything to do with Britain since they turned on her. Sad because she was CB before, but here they are siding with dudes in cloaks and witches that had no political power. Captain Arakko? Ha

But I would also like to see her as a fighter and real leader. I don’t think she’s been a real leader in Excalibur… just like Brian at times didn’t seem like the real leader of the OG Excalibur. That fell kind of to everyone and then more so to Kurt.

I think she would be amazing and not lost in Red with her dynamics with Storm and Magneto. She’s basically been “advisor” to both of them and has either taken the harsh line or the softer line with both of them. It would be amazing to see her as an equal contributor
    I agree with the QC seat if she remains connected to Otherworld/Corps etc. And if she remains connected with Britain, I hope once they kick Coven Akkaba's asses the spell they have on the government will break and they'll accept her again. As Dipter said, "war captain" hasn't really meant much so far. Keep her in a leading role of a book for as long as possible because there's so much to work with regarding Otherworld/Corps or STRIKE.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

She once was a War Captain during the Utopia Era (Head of Security). As of now, I think she would be more suitable as a member of the Quiet Council, representing Otherworld - periodically report and giving thoughts on the state of the Omiverse/Multiverse via the CB corps as well as mutant-fares in the other realms.

What are you all hoping to see in this final issue of KoX?

BANNED

I’m certainly not opposed to it. But as leader of the Captain Britain corps, after Merlín is defeated and Saturnyne regains the throne she should repair Krakoa’s relations with Britain. Her role as Captain Britain really makes her a loss in between Krakoa, OtherWorld, and Britain.

Others here think she should be on the quiet council. I’m not opposed to that either.

You know now I think of it Captain Britain doesn’t have time to be a full member of the Quiet Council or a War Captain. She needs to fight anti mutant bigotry in Britain while being Saturnyne’s chief knight. Magik decided it was too much for her to be a War Captain, train young mutants, and teach at Dr. Strange’s while being queen of Limbo. She gave the throne to Madelyne.

Mighty Member

Betsy break up with Rachel, pack all her stuff and move out of Otherworld.

Honestly I have no expectations. Anything that happens is going to feel like a “quick wrap up”.. a solve the problem in 22 minute television show.

For one, Gambit alive and whole. Maybe even with a power upgrade in someway.
    Merlyn defeated and then we are either left with Otherworld needing to be rebuilt which Betsy and the Corps will focus on in the next series (building out Otherworld even more), or she'll focus on repairing Krakoa/Britain relations like Wallstreeter said and we get STRIKE back in the mix. In a lot of ways they're kind of a blank slate so Howard can do what she wants with them without much fandom pushback. If she can focus on tightening up Betsy's character as well as Rachel's if she remains, it would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m certainly not opposed to it. But as leader of the Captain Britain corps, after Merlín is defeated and Saturnyne regains the throne she should repair Krakoa’s relations with Britain. Her role as Captain Britain really makes her a loss in between Krakoa, OtherWorld, and Britain.

Others here think she should be on the quiet council. I’m not opposed to that either.

You know now I think of it Captain Britain doesn’t have time to be a full member of the Quiet Council or a War Captain. She needs to fight anti mutant bigotry in Britain while being Saturnyne’s chief knight. Magik decided it was too much for her to be a War Captain, train young mutants, and teach at Dr. Strange’s while being queen of Limbo. She gave the throne to Madelyne.
    Yeah being Captain Britain really sets her apart from most Krakoans. I'd like to see her finally step into the role with full confidence.

That Tini finally loses Betts. And Rachel, and Rictor...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

No Betsy Braddock for 3 months

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    That Tini finally loses Betts. And Rachel, and Rictor...
    There’s no news yet, so maybe that has happened.

I was just looking at Howard's substack and she had this to say at the end of last month:

"And oh boy…the sequel. What’s coming next is taking Betsy to whole new heights. She’s been finding herself for 31+ issues of comics, and now she’s come back through the Siege. We’ll see what happens in Knights of X #5. Hope everyone survives the experience. All this kissing is great but is Gambit going to be okay!!?!?"

Perhaps an announcement will happen once #5 comes out in 2 weeks.

And the worst part is that after months with no Betsy we'll get a new book by the same writer