Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really miss Betsy x Ororo and Betsy x Logan. I think Otherworld is a fantastic setting ripe with potential and I'm happy for Betts to play there since it's also part of her legacy, but I don't like her being cut off from Krakoa and from her friends.
    I agree. I would be okay with Betsy staying in Otherworld if it meant, similar to Planet Arakko, that other mutants moved there and she had a similar role to Storm's. I want her interacting with her friends/Krakoans more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree. I would be okay with Betsy staying in Otherworld if it meant, similar to Planet Arakko, that other mutants moved there and she had a similar role to Storm's. I want her interacting with her friends/Krakoans more.
    Well after Knights of X is over, that may happen. Remember that there were already mutants living in Other World. Betsy is Saturnyne's chief knight. She does have an important position in OtherWorld. For the rest to happen, Saturnyne has to retake her position as Omniveral Majestrix. She's working on that, and so is Betsy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Besty taking control of the Captain Britain Corp was a mistake that tied her down with it. It would be like Hal Jordan(Green Lantern) taking control of the Green Lantern Corp. That's not his job, just like it shouldn't be Betsy job. The Captain Britain Corp are meant to answer to Saturnyne, but now she's seemingly become a puppet leader and Betsy is the true leader. The problem with this being, is that the mandate, the very existence for the Corp in the first place has been changed. It's gone from being protectors of the Omniverse to protector of mutants in Otherworld.
    Betsy taking control of the Captain Britain corp gave her own identity separate from Psylocke, who is Kwannon. Betsy's heritage is OtherWorld and she simply returned to that.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well after Knights of X is over, that may happen. Remember that there were already mutants living in Other World. Betsy is Saturnyne's chief knight. She does have an important position in OtherWorld. For the rest to happen, Saturnyne has to retake her position as Omniveral Majestrix. She's working on that, and so is Betsy.
    Yup it seems to be heading in that direction and if it goes that way, there's a whole cast of unused characters they can bring over. Give us a new writer and it has great potential.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yup it seems to be heading in that direction and if it goes that way, there's a whole cast of unused characters they can bring over. Give us a new writer and it has great potential.
    Signed, co-signed and undersigned.

Signed, co-signed and undersigned.
    You're the best.

There's a number of realms under Merlyn's control that could be up for grabs at the end of the war. Some with great treasures to be found, mysteries to be explored, one that forges the strongest weapons in the universe. Give Polaris a realm, give Gambit and Rogue the Market, Death can keep vampire land - there's already a council established. Otherworld becomes another large location for popular characters to be used so they don't get lost in the shuffle and fade into the background. All under the purview of the Omniveral Majestrix, protected by Betsy and the Braddocks of Avalon.

BANNED

You're the best.

There's a number of realms under Merlyn's control that could be up for grabs at the end of the war. Some with great treasures to be found, mysteries to be explored, one that forges the strongest weapons in the universe. Give Polaris a realm, give Gambit and Rogue the Market, Death can keep vampire land - there's already a council established. Otherworld becomes another large location for popular characters to be used so they don't get lost in the shuffle and fade into the background. All under the purview of the Omniveral Majestrix, protected by Betsy and the Braddocks of Avalon.
    If she got a realm, her PhD is in geophysics. She should get EverForge.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As long as Violet Swan has a role!

medium-11459.jpg

If she got a realm, her PhD is in geophysics. She should get EverForge.
    I like it!

As long as Violet Swan has a role!

medium-11459.jpg
    Yes, she IS Otherworld. LOL!

Her father is of Otherworld. I feel like its weird to say; For example, My parents are from Mexico so I should love Mexico and go do adventures only in Mexico. I have no attachment to it. Do I like to visit it? Sure. But I like my California just fine.

Being Captain Britian was one aspect of her. She's a mutant. She's an Earther. She's important to A list X-men characters. Delegating her off to Otherworld just because is not good IMO she is being cut off from all the X-Men/Krakoa stuff. (Because the writer doesnt know how to thread details)

Maybe if we had a good writer like Al Ewing connected everything but no we got Tini Howard. Who is good at world building but not character arcs or dialogue.

We dont get to see her interact with any of her friends. In the last 2-3 years shes had brief insignificant interactions.

Brian Braddock was always Captain Britain. Did she want to be Captain Britian for a bit? Yeah sure. And editorial stated back during Dawn of X that she would have an elevated status in the Marvel universe but having her be leader of two series written by a moderately talented writer was not what was promised. She was shunned by the people. So even though I know she is staying as CB. I dont think it really did her any good under this writer to take the uniform from her brother and be Captain Britain.

Also for some to say that oh this is how she was in the 80s so shes back to normal now is nonsense. Disregarding 30 years of in comic characterization and saying oh you have Kwannon now is not a remedy.

There are many people on Earth that have similar personalities. Betsy needs to be written better. Kwannon and Betsy have similiar personalities and I'm fine with them actually doing that.

Saying that CB is all of Betsy's personity is not cool.

I knew that the patriotic colors werent going to help her. I just didnt think TH would be this type of writer.

At first I was up for the change but just quickly realized how much this Captian Britain title and writer are in some way a hinderance.

This could have been done so much better. But we got the writer that we got. Le sigh.

Hopefully that all made sense.

Also I love Kwannon so no shade there but she was definitely given all of what we associated with Betsy just because this writer wanted to have Betsy go through a "growth" (that took way too long)

And if you dont think so then I dont know what to tell you because in the 80s she was dark, bad ass and ruthless too. The only thing she didnt have was a capable fighting body. A warrior body.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-29-2022 at 01:36 PM.

I really miss Betsy x Ororo and Betsy x Logan. I think Otherworld is a fantastic setting ripe with potential and I'm happy for Betts to play there since it's also part of her legacy, but I don't like her being cut off from Krakoa and from her friends.
    I agree with you. I miss her in the main stories. I also love her dynamic with Ororo and Logan. Great trio back in the day.

Her, Ororo and Mags are also awesome together. Would love if she became Storm's right hand woman on Mars after leaving the CB role behind her.

Or at least, as I agree with some of you, keep her in Otherworld but under some new writer.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 06-29-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Her father is of Otherworld. I feel like its weird to say; For example, My parents are from Mexico so I should love Mexico and go do adventures only in Mexico. I have no attachment to it. Do I like to visit it? Sure. But I like my California just fine.

Being Captain Britian was one aspect of her. She's a mutant. She's an Earther. She's important to A list X-men characters. Delegating her off to Otherworld just because is not good IMO she is being cut off from all the X-Men/Krakoa stuff. (Because the writer doesnt know how to thread details)

Maybe if we had a good writer like Al Ewing connected everything but no we got Tini Howard. Who is good at world building but not character arcs or dialogue.

We dont get to see her interact with any of her friends. In the last 2-3 years shes had brief insignificant interactions.

Brian Braddock was always Captain Britain. Did she want to be Captain Britian for a bit? Yeah sure. And editorial stated back during Dawn of X that she would have an elevated status in the Marvel universe but having her be leader of two series written by a moderately talented writer was not what was promised. She was shunned by the people. So even though I know she is staying as CB. I dont think it really did her any good under this writer to take the uniform from her brother and be Captain Britain.

Also for some to say that oh this is how she was in the 80s so shes back to normal now is nonsense. Disregarding 30 years of in comic characterization and saying oh you have Kwannon now is not a remedy.

There are many people on Earth that have similar personalities. Betsy needs to be written better. Kwannon and Betsy have similiar personalities and I'm fine with them actually doing that.

Saying that CB is all of Betsy's personity is not cool.

I knew that the patriotic colors werent going to help her. I just didnt think TH would be this type of writer.

At first I was up for the change but just quickly realized how much this Captian Britain title and writer are in some way a hinderance.

This could have been done so much better. But we got the writer that we got. Le sigh.

Hopefully that all made sense.

Also I love Kwannon so no shade there but she was definitely given all of what we associated with Betsy just because this writer wanted to have Betsy go through a "growth" (that took way too long)

And if you dont think so then I dont know what to tell you because in the 80s she was dark, bad ass and ruthless too. The only thing she didnt have was a capable fighting body. A warrior body.
    Betsy was a supporting character in Captain Britain, and even outside the time she was Captain Britain, typically had to deal with OtherWorld stuff before she joined the XMen. It was who she was. The Asian ninja stuff was never her, that was Kwannon and when she was placed in Kwannon's body by Spiral. Its something she left when she recreated her body because it is not who she is. Read the 80s pre Siege Perilous Elizabeth Braddock/Psylocke.

No one is saying Captain Britain is all of who she is, but those adventures are the kinds of adventures Elizabeth Braddock always wanted in the late 70s and 80s before the Asian ninja transformation.

Basically, people will get used to it because they got no choice, and a lot of people who used to rant, rant no longer. In today's climate Psylocke could not be a white woman in an Asian body so Elizabeth went back to her true/original white body, while Kwannon returned to life in her body. So by those metrics Kwannon remained Psylocke the Asian ninja, while Elizabeth went to a character based on Betsy Braddock before the Siege Perilous who gained fighting skills.

Betsy and Kwannon have very different personalities, and had little in common pre merger.

Betsy was a supporting character in Captain Britain, and even outside the time she was Captain Britain, typically had to deal with OtherWorld stuff before she joined the XMen. It was who she was. The Asian ninja stuff was never her, that was Kwannon and when she was placed in Kwannon's body by Spiral. Its something she left when she recreated her body because it is not who she is. Read the 80s pre Siege Perilous Elizabeth Braddock/Psylocke.

No one is saying Captain Britain is all of who she is, but those adventures are the kinds of adventures Elizabeth Braddock always wanted in the late 70s and 80s before the Asian ninja transformation.

Basically, people will get used to it because they got no choice, and a lot of people who used to rant, rant no longer. In today's climate Psylocke could not be a white woman in an Asian body so Elizabeth went back to her true/original white body, while Kwannon returned to life in her body. So by those metrics Kwannon remained Psylocke the Asian ninja, while Elizabeth went to a character based on Betsy Braddock before the Siege Perilous who gained fighting skills.

Betsy and Kwannon have very different personalities, and had little in common pre merger.
    What? No one is saying that she needs to be Asian or she needs to be Psylocke. You keep going back to something in the 80s that happened 30-40 years.

Are you saying that none of that is her because that doesnt make any sense at all.

Also Kwannon was a retcon and no one was even thinking about her until Mystery of Madripoor and no one was calling for her to be resurrected or come back. Your arguement that Betsy going back to 80s base characterization is who she is does not make sense.

Resetting a character is fine but she's had years of growth and character development and disregarding 30 years of story is bad writing.

You can continue with your take. "It WAS who she was". But its barely who she is now. She's had year of training and on field experience. To say she's not on par with Kwannon does not make any sense with continuity.

Time to bring in a good writer.

Betsy and Kwannon are soul sisters and have more in common then most because of their shared experience.

Tini Howards story arc for Betsy was a disservice to the character. And you can agree to disagree.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-29-2022 at 10:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What? No one is saying that she needs to be Asian or she needs to be Psylocke. You keep going back to something in the 80s that happened 30-40 years.

Are you saying that none of that is her because that doesnt make any sense at all.

Also Kwannon was a retcon and no one was even thinking about her until Mystery of Madripoor and no one was calling for her to be resurrected or come back. Your arguement that Betsy going back to 80s base characterization is who she is does not make sense.

Resetting a character is fine but she's had years of growth and character development and disregarding 30 years of story is bad writing.

You can continue with your take. "It WAS who she was". But its barely who she is now. She's had year of training and on field experience. To say she's not on par with Kwannon does not make any sense with continuity.

Time to bring in a good writer.

Betsy and Kwannon are soul sisters and have more in common then most because of their shared experience.

Tini Howards story arc for Betsy was a disservice to the character. And you can agree to disagree.
    Marvel put Betsy in her original body for obvious politics reasons, then her psychic weapons became a psychic sword and shield instead of the psychic knife and katana basically because they didn’t want to be racially offensive.

The psychic weapons are the only trace Betsy has if this point of the merger.

Obviously, when Betsy was returned to being a white girl they didn’t want to deprive the fans of one of the most well known Asian characters, so enter the return of Kwannon who became Psylocke, and who is the team telepathic/telekinetic ninja

With or without Tini we will see Betsy like this because it is an editorial mandate.

Without the ninja stuff they returned her to her original background, OtherWorld and it’s been two years already.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree with you. I miss her in the main stories. I also love her dynamic with Ororo and Logan. Great trio back in the day.

Her, Ororo and Mags are also awesome together. Would love if she became Storm's right hand woman on Mars after leaving the CB role behind her.

Or at least, as I agree with some of you, keep her in Otherworld but under some new writer.
    I would love to see her with Ororo on Arakko, written by Ewing. It would be divine.
    And if that's not in the cards then I think building out Otherworld, by another writer, is her best chance from slipping into the background. That way she can stay in a leadership role and it allows for a cast to be built around her like Rachel, Rictor, Brian, etc.

In my mind I can see Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld - the three mutant strongholds, with fairies and vampires sprinkled into one.