Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I love both characters. But its interesting how all of a sudden now that Kwannon is back people are now saying that Betsy took things from her when they didnt mention Kwannon once in the last 15-20 years. Where was this fandom and loyalty towards Kwannon? Oh it just magially appeared. Oh an Betsy wasnt a victim she did this to Kwannon. ***eye rolls***
    This isn't even close to true, but go off. People have been complaining about what was done to Kwannon for years, culminating in CB Cebulski being exposed for his adventures in yellowface which is likely what necessitated the change to begin with.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    anacleto has probably done my favorite cb images with that suit. He always emphasis the psionic energy of her sword and shield.

Also, a lopez variant with another look at the new costume. It looks like it is a hooded cloak this go round. Cute but i hope it’s detachable x_x

omg this variant with rachel is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This isn't even close to true, but go off. People have been complaining about what was done to Kwannon for years, culminating in CB Cebulski being exposed for his adventures in yellowface which is likely what necessitated the change to begin with.
    People complained what was done to Betsy, more than Kwannon. Im sure someone may have mentioend Kwannon but by and large the noise around this was about Marvel changing Betsy's race to begin with (long before Kwannon was a thing) and keeping it that way for as long as they did. Kwannon was rarely mentioned and wasnt treated like some tragic figure as she was largely irrelevant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People complained what was done to Betsy, more than Kwannon. Im sure someone may have mentioend Kwannon but by and large the noise around this was about Marvel changing Betsy's race to begin with (long before Kwannon was a thing) and keeping it that way for as long as they did. Kwannon was rarely mentioned and wasnt treated like some tragic figure as she was largely irrelevant
    Not just changing her race, but totally changing Betsy's character into someone unrecognizable. The current Captain Britain is someone I could see the pre ninja Psylocke eventually becoming. Undoing the race swap was the best thing for both Betsy and Kwannon.

Agree but placing all this blame on Betsy is nonsense.

And I’m not even talking about the one poster above. It’s been commented on in many other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Anacleto has probably done my favorite CB images with that suit. He always emphasis the psionic energy of her sword and shield.

Also, a Lopez variant with another look at the new costume. It looks like it is a hooded cloak this go round. Cute but I hope it’s detachable x_x

i will never like that flower. weird it's colored the same as her hair. fun pic though.

Elizabeth Braddock appears in Captain Carter... but in that universe she prefers to be called Lizzie instead of Betsy!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love both characters. But its interesting how all of a sudden now that Kwannon is back people are now saying that Betsy took things from her when they didnt mention Kwannon once in the last 15-20 years. Where was this fandom and loyalty towards Kwannon? Oh it just magially appeared. Oh an Betsy wasnt a victim she did this to Kwannon. ***eye rolls***
    Before she was back, Kwannon had, what, three appearances?

It’s willfully ignorant to say Kwannon has fans “all of a sudden”. It’s because she’s been given good stories for the past few years, and for the first time.

Youre leaving out what I said and responding to something I didnt say. But ok.

Mighty Member

So excited! Contest of Champions gives you a 3 star and 2 star Captain Britain when you win 10 fights using Psylocke! I thought it was going to be a pain to get her! Stoked! Now I need to win a 5 star Betsy to go with 5 star Psylocke!

This is some super dope fanart of the new suit

https://twitter.com/the_saintart/sta...713354756?s=21

BANNED

Agree but placing all this blame on Betsy is nonsense.

And I’m not even talking about the one poster above. It’s been commented on in many other places.
    I don’t see anyone picking on Betsy in the comics or in articles related to the industry. I think people moved on and adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So excited! Contest of Champions gives you a 3 star and 2 star Captain Britain when you win 10 fights using Psylocke! I thought it was going to be a pain to get her! Stoked! Now I need to win a 5 star Betsy to go with 5 star Psylocke!
    I bought all of her crystals, hoping to get at least 4* of the new Cap Britain, instead I've got the old 5* Psylocke. lol.

Withe the rumors that Knights of x might be limited 5 issues series, what book and in what capacity would you like to see Betsy next?

source:

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...sted-as-5.html

I would like her back to her Disassembled look, tk sword and shield, tp butterfly and named just Betsy Braddock in the main X-Title. Or fighting alongside Storm in Red.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Withe the rumors that Knights of x might be limited 5 issues series, what book and in what capacity would you like to see Betsy next?

source:

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...sted-as-5.html

I would like her back to her Disassembled look, tk sword and shield, tp butterfly and named just Betsy Braddock in the main X-Title. Or fighting alongside Storm in Red.
    Absolutely. I HATE CAPTAIN BRITAIN! If the name Psylocke is stolen by Kwannon, I think they should give us something new. Lady Psycelot. ;-)I want an updated version of her 80s outback armor.

her telekinetic powers should be reduced to only creating psy weapons. I need her to be a physical fighter.

...if this happens I will be here in this thread more often. if not: bye! ;-) #flopfan
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-16-2022 at 10:17 AM.