Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah its just wishful thinking. Sales of KoX were so bad that they ended it early. So if we're just getting the same writer with average artist combo; the thought is that it probably wont last that long either.
    I mean, it's just as likely that they ended KoX early because when they finally got corporate approval for the Betsy/Rachel kiss, they saw an opportunity to rebrand the book in a way to leverage that angle for better publicity. Series that get cancelled for bad sales tend to just... end.

Immortal Hulk is pretty much the only Marvel book of the last decade to sell well enough to avoid the pressure of relaunches to goose sales. It's not really a black mark to get relaunched, as much as people on forums disdain the practice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah its just wishful thinking. Sales of KoX were so bad that they ended it early. So if we're just getting the same writer with average artist combo; the thought is that it probably wont last that long either.
    In fact the first solicit was listed 1 of 5 in some websites, so I think it was the plan from the begging. Was basically what tini needed to finish the story and since the titles were being revamped for the third stage of the krakoan era they came in with a new title

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, it's just as likely that they ended KoX early because when they finally got corporate approval for the Betsy/Rachel kiss, they saw an opportunity to rebrand the book in a way to leverage that angle for better publicity. Series that get cancelled for bad sales tend to just... end.

Immortal Hulk is pretty much the only Marvel book of the last decade to sell well enough to avoid the pressure of relaunches to goose sales. It's not really a black mark to get relaunched, as much as people on forums disdain the practice.
    Any other time I would agree BUT

Not in this era; editorial give these writers more time to finish some of their stories. Well everyone but Leah Williams.

Tini even said that if the series was longer she would have drawn out her story beats longer and "fleshed out" things a little more but the last issue of KoX seem rushed because she had to put a little of everything that she was trying to lead up to.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    In fact the first solicit was listed 1 of 5 in some websites, so I think it was the plan from the begging. Was basically what tini needed to finish the story and since the titles were being revamped for the third stage of the krakoan era they came in with a new title
    Knights of X wasn't alone in this; Legion of X was also marked as "1 of 5" in those websites, while on Amazon it's currently advertised as "x of 7", despite the fact that there is an 8th issue coming in December, so there's little indication that this was planned as a mini from the beginning, IMO. In addition, Marvel promoted the title as an ongoing series:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-mutantkind

I mean, if they had a mini in mind from the start, I imagine they would have delayed the release of the first issue by somewhat two months, so that the last issue is not that far away chronologically speaking from SoS.

Mighty Member

I feel like this is the perfect time for someone to hop on board to take these characters in a new direction (or at least good characterization). It seems like KoX ended with a feeling that the follow up is going to be more of an Exiles type of book. Take some of these characters and give them to Wells. We saw how awesome he did with Hellions. Or give them to Ewing and have them connect with Arakko… add Sunfire. Get Red Root back to Arakko. And have the two books become sister books.

But please, no more Tini.

I think a lot of titles in this era are launched as on going but are stealth minis since they track the sales very strictly.

So hopefully THs next run sales are low and it runs short or a better high profile write takes over.

Does anyone know the sales of the five KoX issues.

I think the approach some are taking, in pushing for change, isn't smart. Tini said she would be writing more Betsy and we saw the "Coming Soon: Captain Britain" on the last page of KoX #5. We also had a couple of variants of just Betsy and Rachel so it's safe to assume they will be headlining the next series, and it's coming. It's 2022, so to continually say things like hopefully it has low sales or take this book away from Tini, is likely to have the opposite impact as intended. A female writer worked to make the kiss happen and to have a queer couple headlining the next series. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, demanding to remove said writer is going to make others rally harder behind her. The writers and editors read CBR - Jordan has posted here before - do you think they're going to reverse course because of such demands? Not in today's world.

The better approach, IMHO, is to accept that it's coming and offer your wishes for what you would like to see. The petition did the right thing by making a list of requests such as Betsy having closer interactions with her fellow mutants, especially her close friends; more interesting use of her powers; deeper character work. Luckystar brought up how the book could connect to SOS. These are things that can actually catch their ears because it's saying, "ok, I respect the decision to continue forward with Tini and Captain Britain so I'd like to participate." We've seen it before where things we talk about here on CBR suddenly appear on the page as if they were listening. Offer them something to work with. Or not. But this is the approach I'm taking.
    Last edited by JB; 09-24-2022 at 08:48 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

These two really are fun. Especially thinking of them combining the chronoskimming with Betsy telepathic power.

rachelbetsysketch08.jpg

rachelbetsysketch06.jpg

rachelbetsysketch02.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-27-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Fingers crossed we hear something about what's next for our dear Captain & her friends at NYC Comic-Con, in about a week or so. I think both Cebulski and Duggan are attending so hopefully they will have some X-news to share, as we know there's plenty happening from January 2023 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    These two really are fun. Especially thinking of them combining the chronoskimming with Betsy telepathic power.

rachelbetsysketch08.jpg
    Would love if for the new book their costumes got redesigned for something more slick like this. Love it!
    A picture would last longer darling...

rachelbetsysketch08.jpg

rachelbetsysketch06.jpg

rachelbetsysketch02.jpg
    These are great and I especially love that all purple look for Betsy. Would be cool if their looks changed as they chromoskimmed across the multiverse, like astral plane looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Fingers crossed we hear something about what's next for our dear Captain & her friends at NYC Comic-Con, in about a week or so. I think both Cebulski and Duggan are attending so hopefully they will have some X-news to share, as we know there's plenty happening from January 2023 onwards.
    Fingers and toes crossed for sure. There's been a hush regarding X-news for 2023 aside from SoS and the recently leaked covers. January solicits could potentially reveal a lot so it'd be perfect for some announcements next week at NYCC ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    These are great and I especially love that all purple look for Betsy. Would be cool if their looks changed as they chromoskimmed across the multiverse, like astral plane looks.

Fingers and toes crossed for sure. There's been a hush regarding X-news for 2023 aside from SoS and the recently leaked covers. January solicits could potentially reveal a lot so it'd be perfect for some announcements next week at NYCC ahead of them.
    Thanks. I agree about the look change. I was actually thinking they would make the perfect conduit. Rachel connects to all realities of the person she is chrono-skimming but in essence is blind beyond that person and i just keep thinking of Betsy visual with the eyes and the butterfly and thought it would be cool if as a conduit when Rachel connects to someone and all their timelines Betsy can send out the butterflies that can then connect to people in a certain vicinity essentially giving them a factual interpretation of anyone's timeline within lets say a mile radius.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thanks. I agree about the look change. I was actually thinking they would make the perfect conduit. Rachel connects to all realities of the person she is chrono-skimming but in essence is blind beyond that person and i just keep thinking of Betsy visual with the eyes and the butterfly and thought it would be cool if as a conduit when Rachel connects to someone and all their timelines Betsy can send out the butterflies that can then connect to people in a certain vicinity essentially giving them a factual interpretation of anyone's timeline within lets say a mile radius.
    This actually sounds visually breathtaking and that's a nice depiction in your middle drawing. Would make for a great circuit. Rachel putting out a wider net so to speak and Betsy being surgical, for lack of a better word. Now I want to see the butterflies traversing timelines.

rachelbetsysketch08.jpg

rachelbetsysketch06.jpg

rachelbetsysketch02.jpg
    They are fun. ❤️

This thread went places.

Just for clarification. Being gay is normal. Being straight is normal. Being whoever you want to be is normal.

Carry on.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules